• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sending in Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok its a quite small question.
I want to ask if it is possible to send in maps for the rpg.

For example, myself is boring and i build a redridge map. Is it then possible to send this map to you ( i mean the team) so that you can check it and if you like it to put it into mod??

This isnt an application to join the team or something like this. Only a question, not more.

By the way i have to say that is the most awesome wow-remake map i ever saw for Warcraft3.

Greeting Obstsalat

Level 2
because of the maps werent good or because they arent made by team??

Im just interrested if it will be lost if i build a map for

Level 25
I'm guessing they won't be good enough. That's just a first impression since you only have three posts which hints to me you have very little editor experience. :smile:

Like Oohforf suggested, show some screenshots first before asking for criticism and our intentions.

Level 2
ahh ok,
now im knowing what i am about ;)

ok great.
In the i build a map. If its ready i can post some screenshots, ok?

Level 2
ok, map is still 45% ready,
but the next 55% could use some time, and i dont want to let you wait till next weekend.
So here are the Screens of the ready part.
Overview:
11.01HHRonmxYmZNUsIJ.png

Screen 01-07:
11.01Ta9ksbY0381nac6.png

11.016kmo1OrDOVzneQj.png

11.01bKbC3tl0kqORgy8.png

11.01VAxgHRvYJg5ZXR2.png

11.01La69RaNhVrK7hxO.png

11.01oonwHRfvbJAu1rg.png

11.01HAYvqymEpFmdKXM.png

Ok, i still have to say that there arent creeps.
This is because map isnt ready.
Also i have to say that this should be a part of a rpg map.

Ok i hope you enjoy it. =)

Level 6
Redridge as in Redridge in WoW? If so, then I think that Craka will turn you down, no offense. Keep on trying though. It's not bad, but not z0omgZ awes0mez like Craka's work.

Level 2
well, i already thouht that something like this will come ;)
but what ipeez's post mean i really dont understand^^

to say the truth, I am not mapping for this game long time, probably one or two weeks.
I worked with other editor in other strategy games already.
This part of the map i made last 3 days (not the whole days long :p).

And if i understand right my skills arent good enough at all to help, right?

I hope I at myself to blamed me because i thought i could help :sad:

Edit: If somebody interests, this should be the leftern part of wetlands, only a bit fitted so that it is good for rpg

would be nice if craka_j can say something to this =)

Level 6
well, i already thouht that something like this will come ;)
but what ipeez's post mean i really dont understand^^

to say the truth, I am not mapping for this game long time, probably one or two weeks.
I worked with other editor in other strategy games already.
This part of the map i made last 3 days (not the whole days long :p).

And if i understand right my skills arent good enough at all to help, right?

I hope I at myself to blamed me because i thought i could help :sad:

Edit: If somebody interests, this should be the leftern part of wetlands, only a bit fitted so that it is good for rpg

would be nice if craka_j can say something to this =)

I think Ipeez mean't was that you used the style of cliffs that blizzard used in wc3. Nobody really likes it. :p

Level 2
that one in water or the mountain where the cave is?

you said already that its not bad. But have you some advice what i could do better?

Level 25
Obstsalat: You've used the WarCraft III World Editor for only a week or two? Yeah, like I said, you're not experienced enough to join the team. As for the samples of terrain you created, it helps prove that you are an inexperienced terrainer - at least with the WarCraft III World Editor. No offense intended of course, but your terrain lacks a lot of good things and is overwhelmed with bad things.

For constructive criticism, the variety of tiles used is poor. In total, you only used four tiles and the the Sand and Dirt tile seems to be the majority of the map, with the exception of Rough Dirt for roads and Grassy Dirt for where trees are positioned. A decent start as a beginning terrainer, but you've certainly got a long way to go before you're true quality terrainer. I encourage you to continue improving your knowledge of the World Editor and try to teach yourself or get pointers from other good terrainers on what you should and should not do when making a terrain. There's plenty of good terrainers out there who I'm sure would be more than happy to help.

Belgarath and Gilles are two guys who may be able to help you learn. I'm not sure who is currently moderating the Terrain Forum though... just post a thread in there for tips, hints, constructive criticism, and other ways of providing helpful advice on terraining. A lot of people seem to learn easier when they record a list of DO'S and DONT'S.

For example:
DO - Always use a fog in your terrain; brings the atmosphere more to life.
DONT - If there's one thing worse than using Blizzard Cliffs, it's hills with pointy/jagged edges! ALWAYS REMEMBER TO USE SMOOTH TOOL A BIT!

Level 2
Obstsalat: You've used the WarCraft III World Editor for only a week or two? Yeah, like I said, you're not experienced enough to join the team. As for the samples of terrain you created, it helps prove that you are an inexperienced terrainer - at least with the WarCraft III World Editor. No offense intended of course, but your terrain lacks a lot of good things and is overwhelmed with bad things.

For constructive criticism, the variety of tiles used is poor. In total, you only used four tiles and the the Sand and Dirt tile seems to be the majority of the map, with the exception of Rough Dirt for roads and Grassy Dirt for where trees are positioned. A decent start as a beginning terrainer, but you've certainly got a long way to go before you're true quality terrainer. I encourage you to continue improving your knowledge of the World Editor and try to teach yourself or get pointers from other good terrainers on what you should and should not do when making a terrain. There's plenty of good terrainers out there who I'm sure would be more than happy to help.

Belgarath and Gilles are two guys who may be able to help you learn. I'm not sure who is currently moderating the Terrain Forum though... just post a thread in there for tips, hints, constructive criticism, and other ways of providing helpful advice on terraining. A lot of people seem to learn easier when they record a list of DO'S and DONT'S.

For example:
DO - Always use a fog in your terrain; brings the atmosphere more to life.
DONT - If there's one thing worse than using Blizzard Cliffs, it's hills with pointy/jagged edges! ALWAYS REMEMBER TO USE SMOOTH TOOL A BIT!

ok thanks for the help ;)

and if i guess right there is nothing to do to help, isnt it?

Level 25
Probably not. I'm not aware of any other skills you might have (coming up with ideas is not a skill) but if you have World of Warcraft, then yeah. In which case, if you could take screenshots of The Drag, Cleft of Shadows, Valley of Honor, and Valley of Strength! The more screenshots, the better!

Level 2
well i played over 4 years, but i stopped playing 1 year ago, im sorry for that, and yes i know, ideas arent any skills.

The only skill that might is usefull are my programming skills. I'm quiet good in vb.net (do it since 3 years).
So if you need a programm just say it.

Ohh and i dont knwo but if you need screenshots, donwload a wow server and look on that server there you can fly and so on. So you can watch all like you want, and that for free ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.