• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug in Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Tauren Druid's Heal doesnt work.
Bag doesnt work.

Need Help on how to level up/get new abilities
Need Help order on what to do with herbs/rocks

More doodads needed in the (ravine/fields) maps.

No item class system... You can take these ideas from say... Final Fantasy Forever or... Hero RPG, or whatnot.. (all found at epicwars[dot]com)

More professionalism can be displayed if the "create a character" map was the smallest it can be. (Meaning less visual, and more information/description).

Additionally, the rule of thumb I have found is that the most professional looking maps dont have typing at all in their maps. (None At All)
Clicking twice on a hero should be enough to generate a question (black mask, zoom in for a final Click or Cancel) Etc.

If you want, I can code the "choose a Hero" sequence. (With camera panning, controlling leaks/unit animations/informative descriptions/etc) [PM me on this, If you guys want, but I will need to make time for it then]

Level 25
Druid Spells Don't Work: Apparently, who ever made the spells for the campaign forgot to add some triggers and edit the spells on the Druid. This problem is also in the newest demo, and with this at our attention, we will fix this bug immediately in the new demo.
------------------------------------
Need help leveling and getting new abilities: Levelling is pretty simple. I'm not sure if you can gain experience by killing Alliance player-bots, but the main priority of levelling is by killing as many creeps as you can. Eventually, you will level up. It is highly recommended to invite as many friendly player-bots into your group as possible. This will help you level up faster when killing anything.
Need help with professions: In order to actually make something, first you need ingredients of a specific profession, such as Silverleaf, Kingsblood, Peacebloom, etc. Next, buy recipes for your profession (In this case, Alchemy) and after that, find an Alchemist Box and then throw in two Peacebloom and the recipe itself. This will make a new potion for you to use.
No Item Class System: As easy as it 'sounds', it is very difficult to make a system like this and would require alot of work. So before we actually implement this kind of system, we want to make sure all of the items work properly and have them all or almost all of them done. This system will not be included in the newer demo.
Starting Map Suggestion: I agree with this suggestion. And we may have more information in the newer demo. Less visual? Not too sure if that idea will be fulfilled but we may attempt it later on.
No typing in maps at all: I have no idea what you are talking about, thus I cannot answer this question. Add more detail.
Click Twice on player-bots for them to respond: There really is no need to double click a player for them to respond because there isn't much of a reason why you must. It is simple to just click them once, and if just wanted to see what level and class the player-bot was, then just simply click NO to them joining your group.
About Your Request to Join War3WoW Team: If you know JASS and can do what you say you can and perhaps more, there is a good chance you will be accepted into the team. HOWEVER, we are not looking for people who will spend only one-three days working on the campaign and then be too busy the rest of the month or following couple of weeks. We also try not to allow many people in with bad internet connections (56k, Dial-Up, etc.) It would be best if you PM me a full application to joining the team, listing what you're good at, how good you are at it, and some past experiences with the World Editor.
-Craka_J

Level 5
Okay Sorry you misunderstood me in a few points:

Need Help on how to level up/get new abilities
- I didnt mean just experience, I was talking about getting a better 'heal' spell or a new earth type of ability to add to my spellbook. There is no noob-friendly help on that at all, does it automatically levelup? or what?
In some maps, the heal/damage/duration is calculated by our hero's int. In this map, I think the path your team has gone is get new abilities as you level up. But still, where are the abilities when I'm level 10?

Professions.
Noob-friendly help would be nice, seriously, in a big world like WOW(wc3), i wouldnt know where to go to talk to start the profession.

No item class system:
Believe me, it isnt that hard. Give me a chance to explain:
There are 7 types of items in the unmodified Weditor

Permanent - Head
Charged - Chest
Powerup - Sword
Artifact - Shield
Purchasable - Boots
Campaign - Amulet/Necklace
Misc - All other items. (Scrolls/Pots/Quest/etc)

(I have done this before, so dont go it wont work) That is also the most efficient way I think there is.

One simple way of checking is through 1 page of triggering/JASS
simple.
--If unit picks up an item.
----If item == Permanent
------If unit is holding a permanent already => drop.

You do this for every item
(with exception of the amulet since the hero can hold two)

No Visual in the Starting Map (Meaning the camera panning)
No Typing = No one wants to type "Alliance" "Horde" "Okay" "No" "-help NPC" "-help this" "-help that" (sorry but thats just really .... sorry)
"Click Twice on player-bots for them to respond" - you misunderstand me
This was not on the player-bots, this was for hero-choosing. Instead of typing "Okay" in the hero choosing, why not impliment a double click system to choose the certain hero?

My request, you are absolutely right, I do not think I can help the team at all when given those conditions. However, if you ever want to pursue a (choosing hero map), you can always come to me to see what I mean. (I can write a simple GUI fast quick example for you if you want)

Level 25
About the spells being upgraded, I think we forgot to import the training higher level spells trigger, but normally you would run to your capital city (i.e. Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, etc.) and find your class trainer to train spells.
Item system by the way is not what we are going to put in because it is not in WoW or resemble it. The item class system will require JASS triggering. I would really like to not get into describing how it will work though right now.
If no one wants to play this because they're too lazy to type "-help" then maybe you shouldn't play any MMORPG or this campaign at all. Same for the typing two letters in the beginning, etc. when making a character.
-Craka_J

Level 5
Typing Okay isnt really about laziness.

I assume you have played the Azeroth Grand Prix?
Imagine the cart choosing in Grand Prix but with lots of heroes to choose from... *mouth waters*
haha... black background... rotating unit... floating text... etc.

The item class system, do you want it completely custom, with a 100 by 100 terrain allocated for it? (Meaning a UI created for it.. ive seen it somewhere in the wc3sear floating around, Highly usefull, doesnt help though haha.. just creates a larger inventory)
Or do you want something like a Equip ability that hashs your current items and brings forth your equipment? (also floating around the spell systems in the hive)
Or do you want a multiboard... very effective?
Or would you like to use another Hero to carry your equiped items like D&D Calim River? (epicwar)

Im not sure there is any other way you could do this... =S (maybe my mind is shut inside a box, but whatever)

Concerning the -help. One simple way to inhibit the feeling of a spam of words flying at you when you type -help ####, is to pop up a dialog box. And so when they're done, it dissappears.

Just... another option, (Seriously), is to have a Spellbook only for the game itself.

In this Spellbook you would have
"Save Hero" (a dialog pops up to save to which slot1,2,3)
"Quit & Load" (a dialog pops up with a Are you Sure Yes/No)
"Help" (a dialog - player picks which topic they are confused in.)
"Auto Attack On/Off" (self explanatory, especially for mages)
make it up.

One thing I just realized, is that People dont know (especially for me) I didnt know where anything was. I didnt know where the class/shop/Anything was. Maybe you could add a '-point to last NPC you talked to" type of button.. which would move a large arrow over the location of the last city NPC?..

I think w/e.. but "If no one wants to play this because they're too lazy to type "-help" then maybe you shouldn't play any MMORPG or this campaign at all."
You are getting me wrong, people wont wont play it because of typing, Im just saying its an additional frosting wow! factor that could be placed into a campaign.

Level 3
I think a noob-helper system will be great, as most players might get confused easily in a mod as big as this. Therefore it should definetly be added.
Btw i think that you earn money way to SLOWLY. Even in a high level, you still have your abilities in level 1, because you can't afford upgrading them. Diden't encounter this problem in the real WoW.

Level 25
I agree with that statement Mand. Which is why in the newer demo, I will probably add a higher bounty the stronger and higher level mobs(AKA Creeps) are. There will most likely be no looting system, but we are trying to form a plan that we can throw in whatever we can before it is released. We're also fixing bugs as well, so with new stuff, fixing of bugs & glitches, and even removing/replacing things, all of this becomes harder all together. Plus, we are trying to get things done quickly, that way we can get our beta testers to try out the mod, search for new bugs, and once newly discovered bugs are found and fixed, we will most likely release shortly after. Though do not think that this will be released soon. This may take a few months to complete. Please be patient, and no begging to become a beta tester. We will come to you if you seem liable of being a beta tester.
Thank you all in advance for your support and help with the bugs;
-Craka_J

Level 25
Fixed Some Bugs

Some bugs fixed in the next demo:

Warlock:
-Summon Succubus/Felhunter/Void now summons one minion instead of three.
-Mana cost, cooldowns, casting times, and names of spells have been accuratley changed as it is in WoW.
-Fixed all spell bugs.
-Added DOT spells. (Damage Over Time)
-Warlock model replaced.

Priest:
-All spells have been replaced or fixed.
-Mana cost, cooldowns, casting times, and names of spells have been accuratley changed as it is in WoW.
-Priest model replaced.

Rogue:
-Added new spells such as "Backstab".
-Initial Max. Mana has been changed to 100/100.
-Spells mana cost have been reduced.
-Mana regeneration has been increased.

Druid:
-Healing spell(s) are now fixed and work properly.
-All spells have been replaced or fixed.
-Druid model replaced.

Hunter:
-Hunters shoot arrows instead of missles now.
-Hunters can summon only one pet at a time now.
-Hunter model replaced.

Mage:
-Mage model replaced.

Last edited:
Level 2
also if u click on a class trainer, a dialog appears
in the dialog screen if u click the trainer again instead of yes /no buttons two more buttons will appear and this way u can have two heroes at once:D

Status
Not open for further replies.