• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Map crashes on 'globals', 'scope', etc keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
Simple as the title says, if I test a map and I have any of those keywords, the map doesn't open, and I get redirected to the Warcraft 3 menu instead.

I do have JassHelper, I have checked for syntax errors and I get none.
I did update JassHelper when I downloaded JNGP (I use JNGP for 1.26).

For reference, my current version of JassHelper is 0.A.2.B.

Am I missing something?
Thank you!

Edit: I made a new map, deleted the default trigger and this is the only code I have on my map:

Code:
globals
    string s
endglobals

Last edited:
Level 39
Are you hitting the "test map" button? As I recall in JNGP that used to not actually compile the war3map.j when you pressed it; it works if the map has been saved and had its script compiled, but the instant you change any of the code in the variable editor it needs to be manually saved again before that button works. Try Ctrl+S to save manually first and then F9 for test map.

Are you hitting the "test map" button? As I recall in JNGP that used to not actually compile the war3map.j when you pressed it; it works if the map has been saved and had its script compiled, but the instant you change any of the code in the variable editor it needs to be manually saved again before that button works. Try Ctrl+S to save manually first and then F9 for test map.

This seems to fix the problem. Many thanks!
Seeing how the editor shows it automatically saves the map when I test it, I actually never thought of this until now, which I should have long ago... Jesus, now I feel really dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.