1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Crash] Map crashes on 'globals', 'scope', etc keywords

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by daverave1212, Nov 10, 2018.

1. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hello.
    Simple as the title says, if I test a map and I have any of those keywords, the map doesn't open, and I get redirected to the Warcraft 3 menu instead.

I do have JassHelper, I have checked for syntax errors and I get none.
    I did update JassHelper when I downloaded JNGP (I use JNGP for 1.26).

For reference, my current version of JassHelper is 0.A.2.B.

Am I missing something?
    Thank you!

Edit: I made a new map, deleted the default trigger and this is the only code I have on my map:

Code (Text):

globals
        string s
    endglobals

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Do you try to open the map with vanilla editor when you test it? And does saving and testing the map with globals work?

3. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I did not try to open it with vanilla, but I doubt it would work if it doesn't work with JNGP.
    Saving works.
    Testing doesn't work (from the editor).

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Newer versions of Warcraft III have JASSHelper built into the standard WorldEdit.

5. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried with the latest version and it works there.
    However I have seen threads from 2011 about these features in JNGP/Warcraft.
    Why don't mine work?

6. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Are you hitting the "test map" button? As I recall in JNGP that used to not actually compile the war3map.j when you pressed it; it works if the map has been saved and had its script compiled, but the instant you change any of the code in the variable editor it needs to be manually saved again before that button works. Try Ctrl+S to save manually first and then F9 for test map.

7. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This seems to fix the problem. Many thanks!
    Seeing how the editor shows it automatically saves the map when I test it, I actually never thought of this until now, which I should have long ago... Jesus, now I feel really dumb.