• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Man, I hate the wc3campaigns moderators!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
obviously there would be no site without Tim. and for that reason he's the most important person there. but the site doesnt "revolve" around him in the sense that its him that puts resaurces on there, or answers enough questions so that more people use the site.

Level 7
YES I KNOW HE HAS!!! Tim. is a part of the site, he does do a lot of stuff there, but i still dont think the site REVOLVES around him and what he does. if he was to just up and leave the site (but keep the site running), and take verything he'd done there with him, not much would change. the site would definetly change, but not to terribally (except he is one of the main moderators when it comes to approving or disaproving resaurces).

Level 23
Durotar, you're smarting because you got whupped by somebody. What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.

The way I see it, yes, some of the upper echelons are fucktards, but the only way to halt their spread is for the good people to stay. If humanity gave up on every seemingly lost cause, there would be no world.

Level 14
WC3Campaigns demands quality, rather than quantity. We have stringent rules concerning resources.

You bring up:

- We Were Footmen; you yourself admit it wasn't up to scratch. In the thread you link to, notice that Tim. points it out was the second attempt, and those issues pointed out in the first attempt had not been fully addressed.

- Age of Myths; Vile ripped several things out of ToB without the maker's permission. We don't accept ripped material.

- Vuen's submission of extracted weapons; no idea why you are bitching since it got accepted. TDR was just expressing his disapproval of the demand for Vuen to be credited, when the models and textures are made by Blizzard.

If resources aren't up to the highest quality, especially for maps, we don't accept them. There are plenty of places that do - go there instead.

Level 7
first i agree with brad., i find that almost all the moderators at wc3campaigns are hypocrites.

btw, when did i admit my map wasnt up to scratch, and what exactly do you mean by that?

and vile removed everything from it that was ripped from tob, and also he claims the tob creators gave him permission (and yes based on conversations ive seen with vile in them, and conversations with the tob creators i think i trust vile. the tob creators dont care about there map, and are, for lack of a better or more mature word, jerks. in fact they openly admited that they could fix a bug caused by the widgetizer that causes wc3 to crash after getting out of a tob game, but they didnt because they just dont care about their map's community. and i saw one of them whine about tob entering the blizzard hall of fame but not other maps he enjoys, even though he evidentally forgot to take into acount that they only put up a new map once a week and as such cant just take every good map out there and put them all in the hall of fame right now).

and DUH THEY DEMAND QUALITY NOT QUANITITY! im not whining about how they dont accept things. im whining about how they are random about their demands (such as demanding some authors credit blizzard for their work, while not demanding it of others), and also about the moderators in general at wc3campaigns. to be honest with you captain, your the only moderator ive seen there thats actually helpful and tries to help people out.

Last edited:
Level 14
Almost all the active mods help out. RDZ is active in the .mdl section, Vex, Pipe and Blu in the triggering and other generally around.

Vuen's got accepted, so basing your ideas on that really is stupid. TDR was just pointing out that the models and textures were not created by Vuen.

Vile is by far less trustworthy than Cassiel. Cassiel doesn't give a crap about WC3 mapping any more; why should he? He ended all mapping ages ago, and ended updating ToB. Why should they care about ToB's community? Cassiel has stated that he made the map for him and his friends, not for the community, which is fine by me.

With the attitude you've displayed here, I seriously doubt that you have the capability to make a well polished, good quality and origional map to the extend required to be accepted. We have a very high bar deliberately.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Dear people, your anger (by the way, hating with vengeance someone over the internet who you don't even know is very childish and weird) is based on nothing. You only see what you want to see. For example, DurotarLord, you have just stated that Griffen is the only moderator who is helpful. Well, when was the last time you checked the other forums? Like the art, terraining and so on? Didn't I actually help you by giving that script for max? Doesn't erwtenpeller give criticism to people who show their drawings?

You are picking on me for a very insignificant and pointless thing. I did not made that guy give credit to Blizzard, I just told him that giving credit to himself was wrong. Morpheus did not said that he wanted to be credited for extracting those. I don't see any hypocrisy in that. I doubt you people even know what a hypocrite actually is. And just for you to know, Morpheus is not part of the wc3c staff and he never was, so stop being so dramatic please.

All that I see here is a bunch of 14 year old teenagers passing through puberty who can't express themselves other than swearing and acting dull (which by the way it is not intimidating at all). You are not able to make a right opinion. All I can see is that you follow what other people say. Please be more careful from now on, try to act more maturely and calm down before expressing something. Take care.

Level 5
And i really think discussing on the internet most of the time is completely pointless, BUT can be fun.
So time to drop some oppinion:
I like the w3campaigns site, although i dont visit it that often. If you dont agree with a mod anywhere just go into discussion with him, if he really is unreasonable than everyone can see that there, and leave the site.
Only thing i wonder is who got Griffin and TDR over here...
Im very happy that they joined the discussion, especially because this discussion is on an independant website.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello people from wc3campaigns and people from the hiveworkshop. I am sorry to see that there is a war between wc3c and hive. You said a lot about all the mods at wc3c are bad and unfair. That just made me think of myself. I am a new to these community things and this is one of the topics I should think about. Flaming/discriminating/blah. I started this site from the bottom with only members who really wanted to help making this community. So until now the amount of members and threads and users haven't been a chock. I am sorry to say but none of us are really educated and we are always trying to do our best to the community. I don't know about wc3c but I think that after the ownerchange they could have had to find some new mods. Maybe the guys had never tried starting a community. And I think you all (also me) should be more accepting to the mods at wc3c. I also think that if there really is a problem over there, you can always contact an admin or contact a mod and say how you feel. They are humans too.
This thread was a test to see when I reacted. Until now it was illegal to flame eachother. Should I now disallow flaming of anything? Now you can't even flame your mom. Is that what you want?
Please tell me what you think we should do.

Thanks,
Ralle

Level 18
Yeah, I agree with Ralle. In truth if you all still feel you have something to discuss then would it not be better to do it on neutral ground, instead of here or at wc3c. Also, TDR, it would be preferable if you didn't come here to call us a "bunch of 14 year old teenagers passing through puberty who can't express themselves other than swearing and acting dull (which by the way it is not intimidating at all)", as it is rather insulting, and uncalled for seeing as your disagreement isn't with the Hive as a whole, but rather with some of it's members.

-*meow*

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
when people feel offended they often act childish. That's a fact. Often when some1 starts to flame something, everyone suddenly agree with them and they feel secure because they are "on the same team". So I think that we should all forget this flaming. Let's all start over... And I will lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.