• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make Backups before updating to reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This is probably too late, and maybe it has been warned for, but Mapmakers, beware:

If you update any of your current maps through the auto-updater on reforged, they will be completely and utterly useless to all previous versions, and if you happen not to own reforged, but have updated your stuff without backup, any work associated to the updated mapfiles will be lost for you (probably until you buy reforged).

I'm not a mapper myself, so I'd appreciate anyone giving further details on this behaviour.

greetz.

EDIT:

Quote from Jamie at Unforged: "PSA -- Do not Launch the Reforged World Editor, it actually reg blocks loading the old editors after it, unless you want to spend awhile deleting all the reg keys it makes. Will work on creating a file that can remove it if you do."

Quote 2 from Jamie at Unforged: "I just wanted to give a heads up if you wanted to explore the reforged editor you have been warned, it blokced my 1.28 map editor. oh to convert a 1.3x world edit back down to a 1.27 you need to replace all the doodads from tft back down to roc and remove the tft linkage. it will work."

Quote from Bolty at Unforged: "so guy this is an advise incase you own only reforged Classic, if you uninstall your game, your classic also vaporizes forever, while they try to make you buy reforged, even if you contacted support they will only apoligize that you cannot play classic anymore but have to buy reforged etc"

Quote from affaD at Unforged: "do not save map in 1.31 or above either. they f*ck up in older versions."

Last edited:
Yes we are completely aware about this, weeks before you posted this, but thanks for the warning.

First of all about the latest version ruining the registries of old versions of the game we discussed about it here and someone replied a solution to fix it.
1.32.1 PATCH NOTES (Reply 1)
1.32.1 PATCH NOTES (Reply 2)

Second, yes we do have legacy backups posted here, there's always someone who posts a backup a week before Blizzard drops a new patch.
Warcraft 3 Legacy Installer (1.21b - 1.27a)
[Need Help] Back to 1.29
Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files
Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

(You posted this in the wrong forum category by the way, this should be in the 'Warcraft Discussion' or 'Patch and Reforged Discussion' not in Site Discussion - perhaps the admins will move this thread when they see this, I'm tired of reporting threads posted at the wrong forum categories).

Last edited:
Level 5
Thanks for the Insight :)

And sorry for posting on the wrong forum. Ever since Reforged I'm unsure where and what is relevant when it comes to WC3. Apperantly it's still old structure. I'd move it myself, but have no such pivileges.

Greetz
Krolan

Status
Not open for further replies.