• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

make a destructible block naval pathing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have an arcade like mini-game where a floating unit (boat) is moved with triggers. I have a trigger that uses this condition to detect if the boat is still in the water or if it rammed land or rocks or something:

• (Terrain pathing at tempPoint2 of type Floatability is off) Equal to True
This works correctly, and the boat will die if it runs onto land or if it hits doodads that block naval pathing, e.g. floating boxes.

The problem is destructibles do not appear to block naval pathing ever! I tried using the "support columns" and barricades. When I place them in the water in the World Editor, they appear to block naval pathing. It also prevents me from placing boats there. But when I run the game, the trigger says that point is floatable and the boat sails right through it.

I can't use doodads for my purpose because I am using the destructible as a gate that blocks pathing, when the player destroys it I need that same point to be pathable. In other words, the destructible needs to be destructible!

I tried triggering it with pathing blockers, but there are no naval pathing blockers apparently.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.