• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is it possible to make "water" pathing textures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
It would have to involve triggers, like having a unit that goes on water and then a unit
that is exactly the same but can go on land and have it change the water unit to the land
unit when it came in a certain distance from the building, making it seem like it was still
going through water, but using this naval building...

Other than that I can't see any way... unless you're using Starcraft 2 Galaxy Editor XD

no, that is not what i mean.. i need an exrta building placement property; blight uses tiles, so that is outruled. Naval pathing on the other hand, can be used as a "placement requires" flag.
What i was wondering is wether water pathing is calculated through having a pathing texture where the ships can travel, or if it uses a texture to for where it can't.

to further clearify:
there are different colors in a pathing map to show what kind of pathability it represents. Pink means non-ground pathable, blue means non-buildable, and white means unflyable.
What i am wondering, is if there is a color for floatable, so that i can use it in a building pathing map and use it as a limiter to where other buildings can be placed, just like ziggurats work with blight. Since my map contains no ships, i thought i might use that pathing for something else.

Blue is for unbuildable.
And well, yes, for instance: the goblin shipyard requires "amphibious" pathability to construct. Imagine having a building that has an "amphibious" pathing texture, and then you can build units with the same placement properties as the goblin shipyard around it.

normally, building pathing textures are pink in the middle, and blue in the outline (to prevent stack). When you watch naval pathing in the editor though (view>naval pathing), it only shows non-naval pathing as red, and the rest has no color at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.