• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Naval mines do not explode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi!

I created naval mine ( I simple used normal mines and make them swimming in DEEP water. But if I send an enemy boat to them, the simply do not explode...

What can I do to make it work?

MfG

Cyrax

Level 18
You can make a trigger like:
  • Mine
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Mine
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of No unit)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause Mine to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 250.00 at (Position of Mine), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type ANY and damage type ANY
      • Animation - Play Mine's death animation
      • Unit - Remove Mine from the game

Level 13
good idea,
but he has to add every mine which is in the game to events, also every mine that might be created in the game, which is not difficult, just might be a lot of work to add them if there are a lot, for adding later use trigger like this:

• Events
    • Unit - A Unit enters playable map area
  • Conditions
    • triggering unit unit-type is a naval mine
  • Actions
    • Trigger - add to "mine" (<-triggername) the event "A Unit comes within 100 of triggering Unit"
might be a problem if mines have long building time, need to change events then

Level 5
thx ill try that :)

How can I use this trigger onm the unit-type mine and not a specific one...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
I'm not entirely sure (and I don't have time right now), but I think there's a possibility to check if anyone comes in range of any of the units in a unit group. But I can't check what it was exactly, so maybe someone else can give you more details.

Level 13
maybe my post was not clear, so: there is no event for unit comes within range of "unit-type" , only specific units, so you have to add the event for every single mine you have and if the mines are created ingame, use the (basic) trigger i gave you, don't know if the thing with the unitgroup works, but still you would have to add every mine to that specific unitgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.