1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Magic the Gathering SC 1.54

Submitted by GreyArchon
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Magic the Gathering SC (v.1.54)

A remake of Starcraft's Magic the Gathering map. Gather mana from combat and at timed intervals, and use it to summon powerful creatures, cast map-affecting spells and invoke potent artifacts! Summon powerful Legendary Creatures or invest in sneaky tactics involving the combinations of different spells and summoned creatures. The last alive wizard standing will claim victory!

Five different colors to pick from, each with its own unique playing style, look and feel! With a thousand different strategies possible, no play-through is ever the same! Dont want to play on battle.net, or having trouble filling your game? No problem! This map comes complete with a functional A.I., so playing against computer-controlled players is an option. Even if human players on battle.net get disconnected, the A.I. will automatically take over.

This easy to learn but hard to master multiplayer map is a Hosted Project of the Hive Workshop.

1.54 Update:
  • Blue's Mahamoti Djinn's now use Dionesiist's awesome Phaseling model.
  • Loading screen updated to include the new Mahamoti Djinn.
  • Fixed glaring typo and version number error.
  • More optimalization. Fixed possible bug that could crash the game in Windows7. (Possible other versions too? This bug snuck in with the last Warcraft3 patch apparently. If you're gonna redownload, let this be the prime reason at least. ;P)

1.53 Update:
  • Fixed possibly game-breaking bug with The Unspeakable's unspeakable monstrosities.
  • Optimalization.

1.52 Update:
  • Increased the cost of White's 'False Peace' spell. Buffed the damage done by White's Cloudchaser Eagles and Skyrider Trainees. Buffed the slow effect of Arcanis the Omnipotent's aura.
  • ALL creatures, legendaries, wizards and other units now move slightly faster, to increase the pace of the game.
  • Fixed minor bugs with black's Mind Rot and red's Relentless Assault spells if enemy players had left, and the CPU had taken over.
  • Lumber display now displays credits instead. More praise to the custom model makers!
  • Fixed a number of typo's and other minor typographic things.
  • Watcher Birds are now called "Observer" to be less confusing for first-time players.

1.51 Update:
  • Fixed two glaring bugs with visibility were White and Black's lands were not being shown to all players if players White/Black had been defeated. Apparently this bug was in place for a long time and has avoided my notice for a fair while. Fixed now!
  • Fixed Arcanis the Omnipotent's passive ability.
  • Fixed a bug with red's "Dwarven Armory" spell. You're no longer able to stack a ton of Armories ontop of eachother.
  • Each Legendary Creature now has a total of 5 abilities to use, up from 4. Most of them are utility abilities that make some legendaries even more interesting to use, though some are abilities that rank up the offensive power of some Legendaries, such as Latulla, Keldon Overseer and Radiant, Archangel.

1.50 Update:
  • You can now use CPU-controlled players. Players that leave or disconnect automatically are taken control over by the A.I.
  • Spells now include visible cooldown timers.
  • 1 new Legendary Creature for each color! Each color now has an agility, strength and intelligence hero for players to choose from!

Made by GreyArchon.

Visit the forum at
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=543
to talk about the map, see preview screenshots, compare strategies or investigate all playable colors' creatures, spells, and more.

Keywords:
MTG, Magic, Magic the Gathering, Footies, Footmen Frenzy, Strategy, Starcraft, MTGSC, MTG SC, SC, GreyArchon, Altered Melee
Contents

Magic the Gathering SC 1.54 (Map)

Reviews
Dr Super Good: One of our great hosted projects, selected by their time and effort they took to make and the high quality of gameplay.
  1. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've never seen or heard of a WC3 MTG map, Bloodstorm. This is a remake of the Starcraft map of the same name.

Can someone restrain Kisame? He's just a bit too enthousiastic.

2. underscore

underscore

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is this an RPG?

3. Ice_Eagle

Ice_Eagle

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think so. If you've played Card Shuffle
    (which I can send you)
    then you'll get the idea.

Right click your Start button. Hit Explore and dig into Program files for 'Warcraft III'. Open Maps, FrozenThrone and Scenarios and paste it there.
    Hope this helps.

-Eagle

4. reddeltasev

reddeltasev

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think You should put in teams because plains and water are allies so are mountain and forest

5. Templarion

Templarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    This game is too much like "Footman Wars". Real Magic the Gathering is about a few creatures attacking enemies and massive armies are achieved only via complex magic-combos. Looks like you have forgotten that in MtG card game common spells play a major role.

Here are my improvement ideas:
    1) Much less creeps. (Green has more than red, red has more than black, black has more than white, white has more than blue.)
    2) Spells should be easier to cast and there should be more of them.
    3) Spell combos. There should be lots of different combos which can be made by using different spells. At the moment only combo I found was: sacrifice lots of rats to get mana and after that use animate dead.
    4) Why plague rats look like zergs? Why not to use rat model?
    5) Each race has too many different (and useless) creeps. Less creeps and each of them should be useful.

6. LightningBolt

LightningBolt

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good Work.
    Provides a lot of fun, can be played in B-Net.
    Suggestion:
    Make neigbours allied. So each color has 2 allies who are enemies.
    Winner is the one who first eliminates both enemies.

7. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I play magic as cardgame and I love it, this map allows me to play it on the computer, too. I will rate it with 5/5 for inventing a computer-version of it ;D

8. Chiwang

Chiwang

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks for all your effort! will dl and try :)

9. Name_n

Name_n

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why are you comparing the card game's mechanics to a game on Warcraft? This map was clearly made from the MtG game created in SC into a WC3 version, meaning it held traits from the SC version. The game was made to be this way and not to relate too much to the card version of the game.

Nice map by the way, I used to love the SC version of the game

10. Yatsura

Yatsura

Resources:
    Resources:
    but isnt it a lil bit stupid to use the name of a real existing card game, if you dont want to relate to it?

11. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated to SC: Version 1.47 the 20th of januari, 2009.

12. jareph

jareph

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It look nice and maybe it is fun, but i got no chance test map in battle net....
    3mb... i wait till i feel in sleep =.=

13. Shiv

Shiv

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I like this map, it brings back good memories from Starcraft. I'd have to recommend you look into giving Green a little more punch, though.. they're kind of underpowered, based on the games I've played so far.

Maybe an accessible offensive spell? I'm not sure. Also, the Hidden Path is a little clunky to use. Would it be possible to make it a gateway?

Those criticisms aside, so far I'm really enjoying it. I'll continue to play a bit more (all colors) before rating to make sure it gets a fair rate.

14. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm rather happy with green as it is, but I'll look into its offensive capabilities if I make another update. Green has the best 'combo' units available, right after red. (Callers of the Hunt + Child of Gaea, Cloudcrown Oaks + Canopy Dragons) I encourage you to use this map's forum to use for feedback and to share your strategies and experiences. :) Magic the Gathering: SC - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

I've tried to create Hidden Path using the Gateway mechanic, but I couldn't get it to work. The solution right now also forces a small cooldown period between teleports, which is what I wanted.

15. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated to version 1.48 on 02-02-09.
    Most important changes: Gamespeed increased, Armageddon Zombies removed.

16. Gurkengelee

Gurkengelee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gameplay: 2/5 Well you based the game on the old SC map without taking modern ways possible in the warcraft editor. But what was fun long time ago does not need to make fun nowadays. And I think this is the point here. You basically mass units and let them fight against masses of other units. There is no visible advancement, no cool hero like in footmen wars or something like that. The game becomes very boring after the first 20 minutes of mass-clashing.

Level Design: 3/5 Well the layout of the map is good, every area looks like the element that lives there. But it does not really allows advanced tactics. There is no need to control the middle .. a fast blink in and out will get you every mana spawned.

Sound/Models/Effects: 3/5 The imported models for the angel and the blue myiojin are cool. But else you lack of visual effect. I did the armageddon clock level 3 but nothing visible happened. I am even not sure if ANYTHING happened since everything kept on fighting.

Heros/Units: 2/5 Well there are many units but not many have active skills. They are more or less the same just with some small differences. Also the wizard hero you´ve got is somewhat boring. Level 10, 4 skills + serpent ward and that´s it. The skills are not cool, they are the same on all elements .. well not good.

Replayability: 2/5 It´s fun to play with friends on LAN for a while but not for long and not more matches in a row. This is also because the lack of excitement after the first 20 minutes like I mentioned above.

Balance & Bugs: 4/5 Well the map is pretty much balanced but that results in all factions play pretty much the same. But there are some hotkey bugs that do not allow a 5/5 here.

Final Score: 16/30 = 3/5

Well the map is a very good remake of the original Starcraft map but that´s it. It does not fit modern standards of gameplay. Sorry to say that.

17. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your review, though I fear you have not yet truly plunged the depths of this map. To say that all colors play the same, and that there are only minor differences between units, leads me to believe you've played the map once.. maybe twice.. And tried to play it as if it was a Footmen Frenzy. I've seen you say nothing about each color's Spells, which create the most striking difference between each color. (not the units', the players'.)

There are literally dozens of strategies possible. Per color, even. No, you have definitely not truly played this map inside-out before trying to review it. Still, thanks for taking the time.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  18. Gurkengelee

Gurkengelee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hm I played every color except green (I do not like green :D Not even in the cardgame). And well the spells are not that different. At least not that much that every colour plays totally unique. And there may be complex strategies but neither did I found them nor did the other players I played with.

It´s my opinion that a map should be fun at the first run and not only when you play it inside-out. Because if the maps bores you in the first place you are just not motivated to play it that much. But you are right, I (and everyone else for that matter) played it like Footmen Frenzy, using the attackers. If you should not play it like that, and please tell me how to play it, you as the developer should make that clear. You should add some mechanism that everyone knows in first place what to do and what not to do in order to have fun with your map.

From my point of you that is not the case now.

19. Ikx_1

Ikx_1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Easy

It's Warcraft III map, so you should but it to: :fp: WarCraft III/Maps/Download/

20. Gurkengelee

Gurkengelee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You didn´t really reply to a 4 month old post did you?