- Jul 18, 2004
[rainbow]Welcome to Magic the Gathering: SC[/rainbow]
What is MTG: SC?
Magic the Gathering: SC is a 5-player custom map, intended for play on battle.net. For the future, AI is planned so it can also be played as a single-player map.
A player takes control of a specific MTG color. Each color has its' own strengths and weaknesses, which are in turn based on the way a color is usually played in the famous cardgame. For example, RED is great at offense, but lacks strength in defense. In turn, WHITE is a more defensive color to play.
What does SC stand for?
Starcraft. This map is a remake of the original custom map MTG, which was a starcraft map.
How do I play?
First of course, download the map from the database, here. Then, just host it and find 4 more people!
Though dozens of different strategies are possible, some things ring true for all colors:
- If your wizard dies, you lose. Game over. Protect him well.
- Place your wizard on beacons with units next to them to summon that creature.
- Place your wizard on beacons with buildings next to them to cast that spell.
- Click on the unit/building near the beacon to see its' description.
- Elemental Mana is what makes the world go 'round. Get it by killing enemy creatures, or simply waiting.
- Look carefully at what spells your enemies cast!
- Every 10 seconds, your Basic tier 1 units will spawn.
- Every 10 seconds, if you have at least 2000 Elemental Mana, your Basic tier 2 units will spawn.
- Every 10 seconds, if you have at least 4000 Elemental Mana, your Basic tier 3 units will spawn.
- To perform a mass attack, move your unit in the top-left of the map to the appropriate beacon.
- To summon Multicolor Creatures, move your unit in the top-right of the map to the appropriate beacon.
- To fix the camera, type -camera.
- To kick a player after they have been defeated, type -kickcolor. (examples: -kickwhite, -kickred, -kickblack)
- Turn tips on and off with -tipson and -tipsoff.
I hope you will enjoy playing MTG: SC!