• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lords be returning[Reforged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I posted a thread years ago.....this might be some continuation of that...or not!

More or less, this is mainly experimentation with the reforged editor and some...

Bye~

Attachments

• LbR(Ref).png
    LbR(Ref).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
Level 36
"Lords be returning" - Someone's thinking just an itsy bitsy teensy bit highly of themselves! :p

Honestly though? I expected better seeing you posting a reforged terrain. This terrain has almost no elevation, it honestly looks like you used an iron to flatten the ground or something. And that sky looks awkward over on the right side, as if it somehow clips off and then repeats itself or something. And is the fog editing in the reforged editor as bad as it was in the sc2 editor or did you intentionally add almost no fog?

The tone and atmosphere is nice though, there is a certain charm to the "early-morning" feel that sky and the lack of fog creates, and although I wouldn't say its inspired, the aesthetics are relatively decent. I have to agree with eejin here though, that tower does look odd, but mostly because the shot makes it seem like it is the focal point, and yet it is just... Well, a regular ass tower. If it was me, I'd raise the camera angle a little bit, lower the water level a little bit, add some aqueduct aesthetics to the edges around the water, with pipelines or some such shit pouring into the water, and use doodads to make the tower more of a center piece.

Please do me the favor of working on this, I am so starved of decent reforged terrains.

Hey guys. Everything is fine.

I'm lazy mostly, so I can't be bothered to budge it. But thanks for the in-depth words @Keiji .

@eejin no blizz cliffs were used, only the models of WE ^^
@Keiji ye' the fog is horrendous if you ask me.....not that bad as the one from SC2 but still not pretty either :/

Love ye' all, 'specially the terrainers around :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

Thanks!

Level 36
Stop hiding behind your acclaimed lazy ass and get to work already!

I spoke with Goblin about the fog editor and he showed me a bit of how it works, it's technically the same as standard wc3, only for some insane reason it doesn't react with the terrain, only models. You can use the glow model to circumvent it though, so it's just a bit more of a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.