• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lords be returning [wip]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm trying to make something (I know right) in the themes of Lordaeron (for Lordaeron!).

I mostly opt to try out and make some stuff along the lines of Arthas returning from Northrend but set in an alternate course (WOD not included....).

You know the lowering of the drawbridge at the end of the Human Campaign right. Some wips and references shown...

@Keiji kun @~Void~ the rest of the Terrain Jurry -rip- *sobs*.....ideas?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_053018_103945_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_053018_103945_01.png
    2 MB · Views: 248
  • WC3ScrnShot_053018_103951_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_053018_103951_02.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 234
  • WC3ScrnShot_053018_103957_03.png
    WC3ScrnShot_053018_103957_03.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 235
  • WC3ScrnShot_053018_104002_04.png
    WC3ScrnShot_053018_104002_04.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 444
Level 51
For now it looks to blocky and middle-agey for as lordaeron (in the cinematic) always had a slight baroque-esce appearance, similar to that one of naboo. Maybe not necesarilly the colour palette (as the cinematic has that kind of orange vibe to it that might distort the real colours and in wow it's dark grey/greenish, although there all is left is ruins).

For now it looks to blocky and middle-agey for as lordaeron (in the cinematic) always had a slight baroque-esce appearance, similar to that one of naboo. Maybe not necesarilly the colour palette (as the cinematic has that kind of orange vibe to it that might distort the real colours and in wow it's dark grey/greenish, although there all is left is ruins).

Actually it is mixed with medieval and Renascence if you watch the two human cinematic from WC3.

Thank your for the feedback guys.

Level 28
I can trust that it'll look good on whichever direction you're going for. I think would feel more immersed in the Warcraft universe if the bricks had a different hue to them, or if the bricks had a cleaner texture. A colder hue, with a bit more of blue-ish tinting to it, or a blue-ish grey. I mean, it does look convincing as it is now, but it doesn't look too much like an Alliance castle (even though the cinematic has that orange sunset vibe). Perhaps adding banners and other typical Alliance decoration could do the job though... requires experimenting a bit to know for sure.

Very noice nonetheless

Something about the window placement seems really off to me
Hmm I didn't notice that. Maybe they're too high? I mean, they're touching the ceiling with the tip of their arch.

Level 36
My terrainer senses are tingling.

I'll be following this one with interest, and comment when there's something to comment on ;)

I'll say this for now though: Yes, the windows are weird. They're too high up when considering the
structural framework, and they are a bit too large in size compared to the rest of the castle resolution.

While Talavaj's models are amazing, they don't really scale too well, especially when compared to / used
together with other high resolution skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.