• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UTM reforged!

Level 36
Hi :)

So, I've recently bought myself a new gaming PC, and I intend to return to the terraining and modding scene when it arrives, and I was thinking that we should update the old and dusty UTM to better suit reforged, now that so many new assets have been created for wc3.

I would love some help in terms of gathering resources for this project seeing as I have been absent for some time, so if anyone has any suggestions in regards to which resources should be included, I'd love if you could post those suggestions here, let's get our heads together and collect a good catalogue of stuff that can be included in a next generation of the UTM. That, or let me know if someone has already done this or is working on it ^^

Cheers!

Hey, I have actually had this in mind for a good time, and intended to make one with lots of models. The models are a mix of ported assets from Skyrim, World of Warcraft, The Unity asset store, some that I made myself, B2M's models (if it's allowed), oGRE_'s models, Talavaj's models, Tobyfat's models and LongBowMan from XGM's models.

I have been retexturing and altering a lot of the above mentioned models so I have probably around 3-4 different sets of variations for them. The models are adjusted to fit for my own RPG project Acolyte of Life, so they are more playable related, but I'm sure they can come in handy for scenic stuff too. However I noticed this thread specifically mentions Reforged, and unfortunately none of them are hooked up with ORM materials (they're all adjusted with SD mode in mind).

Now I wasn't actually planning on releasing them before my project is released, but I can make some exceptions and slowly start compiling the models into a more comprehensive library (now they're scattered everywhere on my hard-drive).

Level 36
Ooh! That sounds awesome ^^

I see I have a lot to catch up to in terms of reforged and how things work now, as I have no idea what those technical terms mean :p

If you have something in the works, please by all means feel free to do as you say, that'd be amazing.

I was thinking that a reforged UTM would compile resources that fit well together with the already existing models in the reforged game, and of course anything essential for terrainers to work with. I personally love Talavaj and _oGre's models, but I'm not sure they mix well together with the new reforged doodads, so that'll have to be tested.

Anyway, I don't mind stepping aside if you want to have a go, I just wanted to get the discussion going ^^
I guess we end up customizing our own UTMs anyway, I just wanted to see if we could make a nice new foundation.

Thank you for taking time to respond and showing interest :)

Level 36
Great!

I've started compiling a little list from what I could find in the model section: UTM Reforged Assets to be Considered

And again: If anyone has any suggestions, please throw them straight at my face, I'd love to get this list as complete as possible for when I get started ^^

I will also go through all the stuff in the old UTM and see what will and won't fit with the reforged UTM, hopefully most of the more useful stuff will be transferable.