• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord of the Rings:Full Story(campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
why do people care about ripped models anyway ?

If im not mistaken, here is a LEGAL loophole to this entire situation.

If these models are from a different game, then there should be a EULA and thus a contract. Does it say specifically not to use those models in any way without permision from the creators? if not then its perfectly legal. If permission is needed, then SIMPLY ASK PERMISSION.

If it says forbidden. well your screwed. But i have never read an EULA contract with Forbidden in it lol.

Level 13
Can this thread not talk about if it's legal or not I would like it more to be about the map so every time I come back to this thread it's not something about the models.

Level 10
....I guess he's trying to learn how to Model & Animate that Arthas or Harry Potter xD

No, really, I support Debode and company, it's just unrealistic.
When I got into 3D-Programs for the first time, I was glad to be able to make a simple Uruk Hai-Shield without any animation or texture, and that was milkshape.
He's talking about 3DS Max and Maya, and almost nobody can make so much models out of nothing in such little time keeping that quality.

Also, he says he needs animations.
I saw some Dissidia: Final Fantasy or FFX-Models a couple of weeks ago, all of them rips. Good rips, by the way. But nobody was able to keep the animations. I guess that's the thing with most rips, the animations will be lost after exporting.
That hints that it's ripped.
The pose of the Models reassembles that of the rips in every way.

His WIP - Work in PROGRESS - screens don't prove a damn shit.
As mentioned earlier they are only hiding texture or meshs, you could do that with every multi-meshed model from the War3.mpq using WC3Viewer.
The WIP from that Orcish guy can most likely be found in 'WIP' (hah, funny) - reports of the original games. You can see such images for most things these days, e.g. the Ultramarines Movie (Warhammer 40k) shows how they do the face-modelling, making of-trailers show a lot of strips or screencam-records.
He only showed such a picture for one model, not enough to be a good evidence in my opinion!

If he's good at texturing, why didn't he simply do the alphachannels for grond? shouldn't be that hard.
But he doesn't seem to understand, that we don't care about textures right now, so he doesn't need to show them; we want to see how skilled he is at modelling.

I would like to see a simple model, or geomesh, like equipping arthas with an axe and in the 3ds max 3d-view I want him to show his avatar or name as background-image. shouldn't be that hard.
For once, I would be pleased with that background alone, using one of the (most likely) rips, just to see if he really got 3ds max xD

Anyway, 25 maps, I surrendered after 4, I'm just too interested in triggering and have too much real life to make the maps all by myself xD

I don't mind using rips, by the way. if they work, don't cause lags and look warcrafty enough, I don't care. I would love to enjoy a campaign with such awesome potential in story and design, but it won't work. I don't know, now that it's all about models, I'm wondering if he's just like me and hasn't started any actual work already...
You know, I used to make a bunch of AoS-maps, creating a looooot of custom heroes, but if it was a famous one, I needed a model before doing the stuff in world editor.
If I got none, the Hero was dropped.

My point is,
it seems like he's making PREPARATIONS for his campaign,
But has he already done some REAL WORK for that project?

So please, DjDinasty, show us some ingame-screens or at least an actual dummy-map.

To come to an end, finally, I would like to add a wikipedia-link to show you some more possible sources to rip that models from, there are a lot of games out there!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_%28disambiguation%29#Video_games
By the way, I guess I need to reinstall BfME and War of the Ring another time... wanna play x3

So, it's your turn now ^-^

Level 4
DarkCHaplain, special for you i can show models from 0 animated from 0.
If this is a RIPS PLease show me the game and geometry and texture of 1 model.
I sayed that about 1 month we will show a video from poject were will be Isengard,Shire,Bree,Mordor and The Dark Gates of Mordor.

In general. I will prove nothing to anybody, If will find the proof what is it not my models can give account ban and so forth. I won't spend for it any more nerves.

Last edited:
Level 10
....I normally don't like the 'wait and look what may happen in the end'-course.. (although that's exactly what I do in most cases =_=)
but it seems like this is the only thing we're able to do correctly xD

I made my point clear, I think.
If he's really that skilled he should have the 5 minutes to show us that 3ds max window with his own background. nothing too difficult. ...but he refuses... I won't believe him in any case.
Instead of proving that he's right, he want's others to prove him wrong, which is normally the wrong way of action.
If you're at an interview, you're supposed to show that you're the right person for that job, that you are qualified - it's not the job of the interviewer to prove you aren't that good.

@DjDinasty:
I hope next time you're writing down my namehttp://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/djdinasty/ you are spelling it correctly, look, I even took the time to replace the first y from Dynasty with an i to stay true to your username, plese, take the time to spell the names of the people around you correctly. Thanks.
But yes, Show me, specially for me, show me your animation skills, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Level 18
let him make the project.

If they are Rips,then they are Rips, big deal. the world is not gonna end, and frankly the only people who give two shits about Ripped models are the people who are kissing ass to the moderators.

i wanna see this project because its been a while since a good project has been released.

Level 10
To be honest, I wouldn't really mind if a map uses rips or all kinds of stolen material, if it's a nice game to play.
But I'm kinda... angry about him not telling us the truth by himself :'D
He's trying to make us believe that the stolen material thruthfully belongs to him, that's what making me sick.

Level 3
Well here some encouragement for you to continue and your friends to finish the project.
This is the best lotr project i seen.

+REP

Level 10
Music? Okay, possible, but I guess the filesize will be gigantic. ...and I expect cd-rips of the OSTs...

Speech? no way, cut from the movies, audiobooks or did you act on your own? none of those choices seems.. yeah, any good to me oO

..but hey, just ignore our doubts about the "important" stuff and do something trivial...

Level 18
rofl so you do comment on posts only regarding somthing bad about this project? what about posting when somone says somthing positive about this project? or do you have nothing to post at all? anyway i would advice you to make a progress post evry week explaning whats been done and so on cause it also seems on xgm.ru that you didnt post any progress there to in the past couple of weeks.

Level 4
i will tell you some new news about project.We finished the Isengard and many new spells and i founded 2 very good modellers who animate very fast and good.If you want some new screenshoots i can show,but i wanted more to show Trailer of project...

Status
Not open for further replies.