• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Longest DotA EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, maybe not ever, but its something :grin:

dibujoyz.png

They won because of backdoor, but they had litterally no towers left, and their statue was at 1200 hp...
Anyways, at the hour or so i bought BloodStone, and i started to own (wif ma teem of course) :thumbs_up:
For some extrange reason, i couldnt save the replay... as u can see :thumbs_down:
There was only one leaver, Leoric, and at 95 mins of the game... it became kinda dull at some point... until the Sentinel started to OWN :grin:
Then it was only boring for the Scourge xD

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You took a screen shot of this screen? The most useless window of all.. well, I suppose it shows the game length though, which was the point, but you could at least have posted the scoreboard.

As for anything less than 2h being long- not really, I think my longest game was over four hours, both sides still had a few barracks left, and we had full gear so money was spent on re-buy all the time, resulting in difficulties on push-tactics, the teams were pretty even in 5on5 fights, so when we pushed we pretty much died and took 3-4 with us, and then they re-bought their dead and tried for counter. However, we re-bought as well and countered their push and onwards like that until finally the other team did a mistake, and we all survived in our push, and managed to take down the final barracks before they could kill us (suicide mission) and they forfeit the game after that.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

lol...
Well, i meant to take the leaderboard, but I preffered to save the replay to post it, thing wich i could not do due to unkown reasons... the button of save replay doesnt appear... ¿any clue why not?

You probably got disconnected from the game, ie the host left.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

We're talking about longest DotA match and not some other, meant to be long, map. DotA is generally short, intense matches. In a competitive sense, a DotA game that lasts more than an hour is very balanced.

If you first was 15 minutes, then I assume you were still in the farm-phase which is boring if you don't know what to do- especially if you go fully offensive, and then die every minute. That would result in flaming, more dying and you being pissed with the game (I guess?). Typically new player 'oh I died, so what?' ..

The most fun is in the later phase, when you've hopefully farmed a few items, and your team has as well- oh, and of course the other team, but preferably you've made it so they have farmed less for an easier win.

Level 4
eh, 1:45 isnt that long, the games i play roughly last from 1-12 hours long... (12 hour rps :D) either way, with a full house i'd usually think dota would last at least 40-60 minutes... but i wouldnt really know, i dont play public dota.

Level 10
If you first was 15 minutes, then I assume you were still in the farm-phase which is boring if you don't know what to do- especially if you go fully offensive, and then die every minute. That would result in flaming, more dying and you being pissed with the game (I guess?). Typically new player 'oh I died, so what?' ..

The most fun is in the later phase, when you've hopefully farmed a few items, and your team has as well- oh, and of course the other team, but preferably you've made it so they have farmed less for an easier win.

No, I left after 15 minutes because DOTA is a stupid and boring map.

Level 10
dota isnt stupid nor isnt boring, it was also a map developed from long ago and is still being developed, dude dont be a hater. Dota doesnt have all that hard jass code and stuff like that but it is a fun, instense and fast game. It was smart because it isnt hard to play but hard to master due to its many choices. Proof is that DotA is one of the most liked, if not the most, map in the history of TFT. Anyways, it really depends on how you think something is, cus maps are mostly just opinions, some like AoS, some really balanced, some TD, etc...

Level 11
My longest game was about 1:30hrs. I've always thought that that was long, but meh! 3hrs seems terribly long, even for clan games.

PS. You can't save a replay if the host leaves before you and you get disconnected...

Level 12
I played a pub 3v3 that lasted for 3:10 minutes. It ended when I as sniper had 3 divine rapiers, a butterfly, satanic, and Skadi could not be trifled with (that's right I had no boots). I simply defended the base while our Weaver backdoored :D I don't remember the other guy helping me...

Level 11
Then why did ya join at the first place?

Yeah, you can't judge a map if you've played it for 15 minutes. A DotA player can say DotA is boring. A person who's played a map for 15 minutes can't claim that map is boring. I'm not saying that you can't judge other parts of it (terrain, spells, w/e), but I think it's unfair to judge the gameplay.

:grin: 300th post :grin:

Level 14
My longest game of dota was around 3-4 years ago, we played so much that the game did error to everyone. We were on LAN. It took around 2h 20mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.