• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lonely View - A sky/alpha fiddling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Well, I tried something totally new, at least for me.
This technique might seem a bit too easy, but I can assure you it's not and it delivers some new possibilites I think.
What do you guys think of it?

184486-albums3575-picture45624.png

Well that is a good way to create a background ( Really, really, background )
Though, you could've used a better grass model, somehow I do not like the one you are using in that picture, or perhaps its just a low-scale issue.
The deer really, really does not fit to the overall high quality.

But I guess I would give this 3/5 ( 6½/10 ( 76 / 100 ) )

Level 23
Ye, I would agree with that. Foreground is nothing special, but the background and sky is really interesting.
.. but one thing: this is a one-angle scenario, isn't it? I could imagine this is not working anymore from different point of views.

Well most screenshots for terrain showcases only work with one angle, huh ;)

@everyone: Thanks for the feedback. Any idea on the foreground ?

The clouds are really well done. Gives you a great feeling of depth in the terrain. Thought the grass and the whole foreground is kind of bad. The rocky path+those rocks with the same texture don't go very well + with that grass = No-no.
Make it more nature like, random and totally off. And I suggest you try giving it a more green feeling rather then dead/brown. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.