• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loneliness

How lonely are you feeling now?

• 4 -- I'm just a little pitiful commoner, only a few really kind or mean people care.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 -- Hello? Anyone?? Why isn't everyone talking to me? Why people stopped laughing whenever I came?

• 6 -- OMG, am I f**cking transparent and invisible?!?! I am not a gust of wind dammit!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Well, I'm sure you all had it in some period of your life. The dreaded moment when we felt ignored and tiny when actually that might not be the case. When we had problems talking and befriending others, when we feel very insecure and unsure of ourselves...

And loneliness, is one thing that can slowly turn us all into attention whores.
Sure, sometimes in class people wowed, applauded and laughed at me; and sure that did make me happy. But I feel like I had no real friends, not even a single one. Most of the people around me are friendly and kind, but really we are incompatible and poles apart.

Nobody really cares about me, and to be honest I don't have any real friends whether in real life or online. I always feel like being encaged in the damned prison of loneliness, isolated from all the others and to me, all the others were talking in a totally alien language that I don't understand. It feels like there's a huge gap of void between me and the others.

And certainly I feel bad whenever people don't seemed to be impressed or responsive, I'm not sure my I am too boring or impatient.

What about you guys? Did you ever experience loneliness?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Perri strikes with relevance. :D

Find a new hobby, change your interests. One of the easier ways to turn a new page in life.

Level 22
Perri strikes with relevance. :D

Hey, that's quite a wonderful song! :D
I can relate to the song closely, it sounded as if Christina was speaking to me face-to-face!

Find a new hobby, change your interests. One of the easier ways to turn a new page in life.

Well, I may take a try and find something new to try. Thank you, I'll try and see if it will work or not. :)

Level 21
I have experience it a lot,but I always overcome it.
Now I'm in a good period of my life again,got a lot friends and I don't feel down and lonely the whole time like it was before

Level 21
Honestly,no idea.I can't really say I coped with it.This year I just decided to break free and socialized with people,make jokes and just get to know classmates.
All advice I can give is try to talk more to people,even if it's just saying hi or asking them how their weekend was.You might make a friend,and you won't feel as lonely

Level 22
Honestly,no idea.I can't really say I coped with it.This year I just decided to break free and socialized with people,make jokes and just get to know classmates.
All advice I can give is try to talk more to people,even if it's just saying hi or asking them how their weekend was.You might make a friend,and you won't feel as lonely
Thank you :)
Well, I think I'll give it a try and try to talk with people. Getting to know some decent acquaintances are better than nothing at all.
I had the problem of being not able to crack jokes and also I don't often talk in an interesting way. My talks seemed to be interesting at first, but later on it might be boring.

@Chaosy : Ehh, those were just flavor texts -_- but never mind, a scale of 1-10 will do

Level 22
Don't make social success a life goal. Just focus on yourself more and worry less on how other people think of you.
I know it's more than social success, it's not all about the popularity... I knew in order to be successful, I should be myself and strive for my goals...

However, I just couldn't help because I was too lonely. My social needs went unsatisfied.
Hmm... never mind. I'll just try not to think about how others view me, and I think I can help myself with henta-- never mind.

Still thank you :)

Level 21
I know it's more than social success, it's not all about the popularity... I knew in order to be successful, I should be myself and strive for my goals...
You can be successful,be yourself,strive for your goals and still not be lonely and be popular,it's not necessarily like you have to choose.Sure,there will be some choices where one overlaps or conflicts with one but you don't have to choose between one or the other entirely

Hmm... never mind. I'll just try not to think about how others view me,
This is good to a certain extend.However,completely ignoring others' criticism and opinions isn't good either.Some of it is very useful and helpful.

I think I can help myself with henta--
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Roland

R

Roland

@Directive255 Who cares of other people having some fuck ton of concerns at ya? Be strong my young padawan, Don't depend on other people's attention. I mostly depend on myself nowadays, before it was my uncle but he passed away, So I had to be independent for the sake of my future life.

Level 19
you can feel lonely when you aren't understood

in programming I often feel lonely when I have no one to talk about it.

I suppose a genius can also feel lonely for the same reason. that they feel like they are the only person in the world who understands about a certain topic, no one to confide in to share their interests and discuss all the cool aspects of it

Level 19
actually programmers have tons of forums to speak on. jassers meanwhile..
Hahaha those forums are a joke. I've never not once received any solutions from those forums. when ever you present a problem too tough to solve they criticise you and claim you can't program. saying things like, 'that problem is so easy I'm not even going to tell you the solution because it's so easy'

really.... I'm sure now you know why I feel so alienated -_-¿

Last edited:
Level 10
I can't share my sources of loneliness but this site is one of my only few asylums by now. What I really like about Hive is that it is accessible no matter where you are in real life. You just have internet and that's all it needs. I recently moved to a new town and this is like the only favorite place that I can actually visit.

Btw, cheer up everyone. I hope you all can get through!

Level 12
Next time you're standing in line, or waiting with other people for something, try to talk to someone around your age instead of whipping out your phone (And no, this is not some social commentary about how we're all lonely). Sure, some of them might be taken aback by it, but some won't. Maybe you won't get lifelong friends from it, but you'll make acquaintances, or pass some time in the worst case.

Level 19
Hahaha those forums are a joke. I've never not once received any solutions from those forums. when ever you present a problem too tough to solve they criticise you and claim you can't program. saying things like, 'that problem is so easy I'm not even going to tell you the solution because it's so easy'
did you just called SO a joke? I know it doesnt looks like a forum but it is, in fact

Level 19
Next time you're standing in line, or waiting with other people for something, try to talk to someone around your age instead of whipping out your phone (And no, this is not some social commentary about how we're all lonely). Sure, some of them might be taken aback by it, but some won't. Maybe you won't get lifelong friends from it, but you'll make acquaintances, or pass some time in the worst case.
or someone is interrupting me from making a break through on my writing, programming or herbal studies.

not everyone uses their phone for cat videos.

but I understand what you mean. personally I've begun to hate meme people

Level 22
@TheLordOfChaos201 : I feel like sometimes I share your dilemma, and I definitely feel you.

I know a ton of stuffs about Kuomintang, about politics and spirituality, and about Chinese nationalism and anti-communism; but no one is there to talk those kind of things to me. On the other hand, a lot of my classmates talk big and loud about some dramas and random Korean pop stars, yet I have nothing to talk with them.

I am also looking forward to discuss philosophy and spirituality to people, but seems that most teenagers of my age nowadays are more concerned with materialism and pleasure than to things with actual meaning. All of them talking about Facebook as well as some random trivia, which I couldn't really relate to. Also, I may act and look childish on the outside, but deep within I have quite a few big thoughts about some stuffs like politics, philosophy and spirituality; also my values and opinions differ than not only the mainstream view but also the tiniest of the alternative views. Which keeps me virtually isolated from like everyone else.

I sometimes feel exactly like the Kuomintang, like the graceful island of Kinmen which was unfortunately being ignored and discredited by others. A lonely island that used to be very famous in the past, but now only a lonely little island. Yet I still stand in perseverance, and ready to stand up against injustice and evil.

Also, a few days ago I thought I have forged a great friendship with someone here in the Hive, only to have him ignore me and sound rude when I was just asking things. The worst feeling ever. I was like, after three years of hanging out together and having fun, after many talks...

Level 12
or someone is interrupting me from making a break through on my writing, programming or herbal studies.

not everyone uses their phone for cat videos.

but I understand what you mean. personally I've begun to hate meme people

Yeah you might be one of those telling him to fuck off. What I said isn't related to what you're doing on your phone. Even if you're studying or "polishing your intellect" or whatnot, you'd do well to lift your head once in a while and talk to the person next to you.

You can watch cat videos on YouTube or try to cure cancer, you're still with your head stuck in your phone for all others know.

Level 19
@TheLordOfChaos201 : I feel like sometimes I share your dilemma, and I definitely feel you.

I know a ton of stuffs about Kuomintang, about politics and spirituality, and about Chinese nationalism and anti-communism; but no one is there to talk those kind of things to me. On the other hand, a lot of my classmates talk big and loud about some dramas and random Korean pop stars, yet I have nothing to talk with them.

I am also looking forward to discuss philosophy and spirituality to people, but seems that most teenagers of my age nowadays are more concerned with materialism and pleasure than to things with actual meaning. All of them talking about Facebook as well as some random trivia, which I couldn't really relate to. Also, I may act and look childish on the outside, but deep within I have quite a few big thoughts about some stuffs like politics, philosophy and spirituality; also my values and opinions differ than not only the mainstream view but also the tiniest of the alternative views. Which keeps me virtually isolated from like everyone else.

I sometimes feel exactly like the Kuomintang, like the graceful island of Kinmen which was unfortunately being ignored and discredited by others. A lonely island that used to be very famous in the past, but now only a lonely little island. Yet I still stand in perseverance, and ready to stand up against injustice and evil.

Also, a few days ago I thought I have forged a great friendship with someone here in the Hive, only to have him ignore me and sound rude when I was just asking things. The worst feeling ever. I was like, after three years of hanging out together and having fun, after many talks...
The more you talk the more you make me want to be your friend. Unfortunately I think we just don't match. I mean I don't like the trivial either, but I have no idea what Kuomintang is and I'm not to too good with politics. I however know my Bible extremely well and am very spiritually inclined(Though I hid it because soon as you say so people think you are insane). You have to remember that people are fools. They believe that only a select few can achieve great things, but when you say it that you want to achieve great things they laugh you out because they don't think its possible because you are so common. They don't get that all it really takes is the will do achieve. You don't need to be the smartest student to earn the biggest pay. You don't need to be the most creative person in the world in order to break through the conformity and introduce revolutionary ideas. In fact you don't need much other than time in order to be more than what people think you are. If they see you as childish, prove them wrong, be the new understanding of who you are by achieving what they can not. By being yourself, by pulling away from conformity and diversifying yourself by simply remaining who you are, you achieve a whole lot more.

Remember, it is only your ideas, your will, that forces new light into the world.

#edit

I also lost a few friendships I thought were quit deep here on the hive. I entered the chat and in real time they told me how much they really hate me. I guess when the typing is easy people are really just mean. As well as the fact that it is easier to be a jerk when in a group, brings my hatred for conformity back on point. Sheepeople really aren't people at all, they are a machine of idiocy and unkindness. All the worst qualities of man mix together to form mob mentality, which is exactly what the collective word 'People' are. When a group of people think together, individualise that might judge certain actions to be wrong falls away leaving only stupidity. They have done tests on the topic... when asked to kill someone by a group, 100% of participants killed the person.

Yeah you might be one of those telling him to fuck off. What I said isn't related to what you're doing on your phone. Even if you're studying or "polishing your intellect" or whatnot, you'd do well to lift your head once in a while and talk to the person next to you.

You can watch cat videos on YouTube or try to cure cancer, you're still with your head stuck in your phone for all others know.
It depends on what our conversation will be about.
I work on a construction site. Every day you see the same people, yet these same people expect you to greet them every single day. I don't understand this logic, it's just a new working day nothing different. You know me I know you. Why would I want to greet you like I haven't seen you in a long time when there is work to be done. There is no time for us to start talking about the weather or talk about absolutely meaningless topics, when the concrete needs to be poured or my guys are waiting for material to be delivered to site. Greeting people and having meaninglessness(be it friendly) conversations is actually a detriment to society and progress. Put simply it is a waist of time to start a conversation about any topic that doesn't add anything to your life or current progress. Sure I can't use this same speech when I'm talking about people I'm actually interested in. Friends and maybe family are allowed to interrupt you with a little trivial nonsense and sometimes that leads somewhere because you are growing a relationship with them, but for a stranger to interrupt is just annoying because I know I will never see them again. in fact it is worse than that, if I had to see those same people again it would again interrupt me because now I have to acknowledge their existences every time I pass by them.

Case and point.
Interruptions are not helpful no matter what form they come in

Last edited:
Level 12

See that's the thing. You consider conversation with people you don't already know an interruption, hence you will not engage other people in friendly conversation, and won't respond well to others trying to get to know you. Not making new connections -> staying lonely (or rather, more lonely then with regular interaction).
Case in point indeed.

Even if one of your co-workers is a JS programmer with an interest in plant life, they won't come up to you out of the blue and ask "do you know capillary action?" (find better subject here, I don't know plants). This information will come from that "meaningless interrupting human interaction", like asking someone what they did yesterday. It starts with greeting.

If you don't want meaningless prattle, that's just fine. Keep on with your interests and tell anyone who does not immediately pass your minimal stimulation to bugger off. But don't go complaining about being lonely afterwards, because meaningless conversation can lead to meaningful conversation, and no conversation leads to nothing.

Level 19
See that's the thing. You consider conversation with people you don't already know an interruption, hence you will not engage other people in friendly conversation, and won't respond well to others trying to get to know you. Not making new connections -> staying lonely (or rather, more lonely then with regular interaction).
Case in point indeed.

Even if one of your co-workers is a JS programmer with an interest in plant life, they won't come up to you out of the blue and ask "do you know capillary action?" (find better subject here, I don't know plants). This information will come from that "meaningless interrupting human interaction", like asking someone what they did yesterday. It starts with greeting.

If you don't want meaningless prattle, that's just fine. Keep on with your interests and tell anyone who does not immediately pass your minimal stimulation to bugger off. But don't go complaining about being lonely afterwards, because meaningless conversation can lead to meaningful conversation, and no conversation leads to nothing.
I highly doubt I'll find friends at work or while waiting in line at the bank.

you are more likely to find friends at a club or community gathering like at church. places you go with the intention of meaning people.

Level 22
I however know my Bible extremely well and am very spiritually inclined(Though I hid it because soon as you say so people think you are insane)

No, please don't withdraw your belief and thought it as shameful just because of peer pressure or whatever the bullshit it was.
I think those well-versed in spirituality is actually a lot more smarter than common folks, those atheists and materialists were either being fooled or they were lying on purpose.

Slightly Off-Topic

Look at all those miracles, all those prophecies, sightings of ghosts and the many cases of reincarnation. You know the atheists and materialists are totally wrong.

I am not so good in the Bible, and not exactly a Christian; but I generally do believe most things in the Bible and other holy texts. For me, I believe in the existence of God and spirituality, I believe in reincarnation and karma, as well as other lesser deities too.

They believe that only a select few can achieve great things, but when you say it that you want to achieve great things they laugh you out because they don't think its possible because you are so common.

Sigh... those- they, sigh...
Well, if I met such things, I will most likely

They don't get that all it really takes is the will do achieve.
Yes. We had many; firstly the ones popular in the west like Bill Gates (dropped college halfway and went for Microsoft), J.K. Rowling (started as a poor commoner teenager, but ended up one of the greatest writer and also becoming really rich), Thomas Edison (inventing/improving lightbulbs)...

Sad that most people nowadays are too ignorant and materialistic, also many of them either as cold as a steel or as wicked as Stalin.

I also lost a few friendships I thought were quit deep here on the hive. I entered the chat and in real time they told me how much they really hate me. I guess when the typing is easy people are really just mean. As well as the fact that it is easier to be a jerk when in a group, brings my hatred for conformity back on point.

What happened? Did they just got annoyed by your threads?

Sheepeople really aren't people at all, they are a machine of idiocy and unkindness. All the worst qualities of man mix together to form mob mentality, which is exactly what the collective word 'People' are. When a group of people think together, individualise that might judge certain actions to be wrong falls away leaving only stupidity. They have done tests on the topic... when asked to kill someone by a group, 100% of participants killed the person.

Well, regarding Sheepeople, they are much more pitiful and miserable than a beggar starved of food but enjoying freedom. Many evil-doers exploit this fact and make the world a mess for all.

But I don't think all people living are bad, it's not only about herd mentality but depend more on their cultures and beliefs. In a culture putting emphasis on great values such as love, kindness, compassion, helpfulness and also virtues such as loyalty, filial piety, faith, kinship, fellowship, politeness, righteousness, integrity and humility; the people can actually be kind and good.

Well, it's rude to interrupt people; but come to think of it -- what if it was an emergency? A wish to establish friendship? A simple request for help? Still, if people are really, really busy with their own matters like you said, we shouldn't interrupt them until they are finished with their work.

Greeting people and having meaninglessness(be it friendly) conversations is actually a detriment to society and progress. Put simply it is a waist of time to start a conversation about any topic that doesn't add anything to your life or current progress.

No, I don't think so.
It add interest to your life and also to others'. Greeting people and smiling can make people feel good about you, also people are more likely to treat you better if you do so. Also not all talks have to be heavy and philosophical, small talks can cure boredom and get us to know each other better. Also, if you're lucky you might learn a meaningful or useful thing or two; also great friendships can blossom from small talk.

Being so poor in small talk is one of the reasons that made me lonely, besides being shy and not caring of the so-called "trends"

Roland

R

Roland

@Directive255 If you're lonely or depressed as fuck, how about you grab some fluffy friend to comfort you. (A Puppy or a kitten.)

Level 22
@Directive255 If you're lonely or depressed as fuck, how about you grab some fluffy friend to comfort you. (A Puppy or a kitten.)
Ehh, a kitten sounds a great idea, but a puppy? No, thanks,
But a kitten is still a great idea, thanks :)

But I do immerse myself in daydreams and also writing stuffs if I feel like it. Hugging a pillow tightly too if I was really that tired and lonely.

Well, I guess I'll just help myself with some beautiful stuffs.

Level 21
I agree with this.

@Directive255
Puppies are awesome,and are great friends and companions.Don't know what I would do without my doggo.
Still,kittens are great as well.It's nice to just lay down and cuddle without them,or just sit with them on your lap while you do something

Loneliness?!Is this even a word?!
giphy-6.gif

I had it never!I worked just one month in my firm,and i already become for the people there a legend,king,boss and a god.

Level 28
Two things:

1st. Directive, avoid blaming it all on yourself. A great variety of reasons can bring someone into loneliness - sometimes it is the lonely person's "fault" or sometimes it is because the occasion of friendship simply didn't happen yet. I'll explain: I've met some really nice people that were lonely during school or graduation. They were cool guys to be friends with, but friendship just seem to didn't happen to happen them in that place - maybe the other people currently in school/university just didn't match with them or didn't bother to talk to them, Idk. Of course, some guys are too weird, act too tough, or are excessively talkative/shy and that is a problem they have to fix if they want to overcome loneliness.

No, I don't think so.
It add interest to your life and also to others'. Greeting people and smiling can make people feel good about you, also people are more likely to treat you better if you do so. Also not all talks have to be heavy and philosophical, small talks can cure boredom and get us to know each other better. Also, if you're lucky you might learn a meaningful or useful thing or two; also great friendships can blossom from small talk.

So, as I can see by your talk, you seem like a reasonable person. If you're being nice, trying to talk to people, asking about their lives and their interests, etc., you'll just have to just keep like this and you may overcome that problem sometime. Just don't think that you're unintersting/etc, it won't help at all.

--------------------

Now this is a personal thing and not everyone may agree:

2nd. Avoid suffering because of it - don't give much thought about how the loneliness is a pain and sadness and all that crap the media in tells us in films/songs. Loneliness can actually be good. Just sit back, relax and be happy with yourself and with what you do in your life. I've always had friends, but at one point I realized that relying on them to be happy is extremely dangerous - they're individuals and may not be there for you all your life. Friends may become distant with the years and girlfriends/wives can break up with you at some point. That's why it is not a good idea to rely on such things to feel fulfilled in life. So avoid feeling enjoying too much the attention or praise from other people or feeling empty for having no one around.

Also, when you feel happy about yourself and your life, as an effect you're going to act more naturally, feel less desperate and be more confident - and consequently it'll be easier to meet people, make friends and even a girlfriend, who knows?

--------------------

So that's what I have to say about this. I'm no authority in this subject but these thoughts may have some use for you as they had for me, Idk. I hope I helped!

Level 24
Loneliness, hmmm, I experience it everyday in real life. Not that I like it or not, it's just natural I guess.
Loneliness, to me, is my factor for quietness, peace, and time to think - that's the good side. But apparently being lonely is also hard, you have to keep your strength up, or risk losing to depression.

"No one's born to be alone." - those quotes I hear so much in real life or sometimes in movies and tvs, sometimes makes me call it bullsh*t. People's nature differs, which creates differences, those differences creates the need to find attention and eventually wanted to be apart of something.
Just talking nonsense, anyway, when I feel lonely, I just need to find a use for that loneliness - find a quiet spot, think of what you love and hopefully gives you confidence to carry on - or even do what you love, helps remove the negative feelings.

In real life, I have not found a true friend, and maybe I never will. I don't have many friends that I actually could count on, only limited to being -mates, not even numbering more than 15 or so I think. There are only few, but not even them could think how I feel. Even in my family, I'm very distant, only limited to respecting their wishes, and they don't feel the loneliness I have.
But do these bother me? Only a little, because I respect and can live with these conditions. We all have a reason to be alone or already alone. And there are also reasons that we aren't actually alone. I have a goal and a dream to achieve, I have something I really love to do, this is my fuel, and it kept me from the sad side of loneliness, and there's this website too. And I suppose you have one too, don't you?

But I wouldn't actually suggest to live with it, it is up to you whether you want to stay lonely or have someone to care about you. Its not what I would do, but I think its never bad to talk to other people about your matters. And would also be best if we are grateful for what we have too.
I'd even be grateful that someone pretends to care, instead of ignoring. I'd be even grateful that someone can spare their time doing something for others that themselves hate. And perhaps I'd even be grateful to be ignored.
And if you still are depressed of being lonesome, as many have said above, having a pet companion is as comfortable as having a human friend or social media one.
And there is also your religion, if you have faith to what you believe in, and within yourself, it would lessen your negative thoughts and depression.

Loneliness is not the trouble, its depression. Its like walking to plank.

Level 19
Loneliness only hurts when you aren't appreciated for it

if we could be lonely for a month and then stand on the balcony of you home at the end of the month for people to chant your name... everyone would be happy

unfortunately unless your famous that won't happen

Level 35
As long as I have books, games and family, being lonely is a temporary state for me. Yes, when you live alone and sometimes just spent the day working or sitting by yourself it can be a an odd feeling. But usually I just put on some good music, and start dancing or immerse myself into a great novel (for instance I recently was utterly mesmerized by this one). Still, if I go about comparing my life to others, both in what they have achieved at my age or what people on social media are doing, then yes I would likely consider myself lonely. But if I look at reality, and compare myself to the only thing that matters: my feelings and my own life, then no. I might be single and thus alone in my home, but life still brings me joy every day :smile:

Level 30
Everyone has to overcome loneliness in life sometimes. If you are hurt by group behavior, when people turned against you, don't blame it on them. There were telltale signs of what was about to happen. People are only human and their sheep behavior is natural and predictable. Don't beat yourself up about it neither. Learn from any bad interaction and let go of the bad feeling. We're all here to learn. I have come a long way of loneliness after a painful break-up with my girlfriend. I was traumatized socially, insecure and scared. It took a while to get my social life back on the tracks, and the best way for me to describe how to make friends is just instantly breaking the barrier between you and the person you're talking to. I can be very spontaneous and also very introverted. I have learned a lot about social interactions from just diving into all sorts of conversations head first. I have a beautiful girlfriend and I love her very much. But it was only because I learned to connect to people that this was possible.

You want to create an environment where conversation partners can share ideas and thoughts and life-stories. Nothing is sacred, and you can talk about anything. I can make friends with people who have nothing in common because I stretch myself to show genuine interest into their lives. Listen before you talk. Everyone is lonely sometimes, and the moment you provide a solution for someone else's loneliness, instead of focusing on that of your own, you might make a genuine connection. This has a lot to do with body-language and it is hard for people who spend all of their time behind a screen to master this. If you look annoyed when people talk to you, they won't show themselves. Your body has to be in sync with what your intentions are. Smile, and be genuine, because you have good intentions. Be someone's friend and more importantly, learn from the people who make this stuff seem easy. Talk to strangers, and show them you're interested. Don't come from a place where you want to "take friendship" from someone, but to "give friendship". You want to be of value to the people you talk to and not a burden. Focus on the positive and ignore the negative. There will always be people who have the natural tendency to bring you down. They are only insecure but they are also persuadable.

It is easy to think you are smart because you're introverted, and say sheep people are retards. But the truth is that this is incredibly arrogant and also a bit delusional. Life is not so simple. You can learn from anyone, from meme people to children to elderly people. Keep an open mind, and don't think you are better than anyone because you have a cognitive gift. If you divide the world like this for yourself, you will find it very hard to connect with anyone. Even with other introverted, smart people.

Being yourself doesn't mean staying true to the idea that you must be an introvert. Being yourself is trying to have fun with others, without any personal boundaries or fixations.
Have good intentions, and don't take things so personal. Have the balls to lead a conversation but don't make it about you. Make it about the person you're talking to.

Roland

R

Roland

It's quite hard to deal problems yourself cause of all the problems you've been thinkin', If I were you (Talks like a pastor) go to a church and speak to god. I had that kind of problems in my previous idiotic months and years (esp. when I was 8 to 16 Years old)

Level 10
I'm going to try to keep this short cause too many words leads too a tangent from me. I have felt lonely for long periods many times. Best way I know to deal with it is 1.) try to adopt the belief that you don't need others for your happiness, though they can make you happy, you don't require them to be happy. Do this by developing yourself in some way. Read more books that interest you, learn a new life skill, go out into nature and attempt to make fire with some sticks. 2.) Exercise a lot 3.) Join communities, clubs, etc. Meetup.com has some stuff. Don't know how widespread it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.