1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

LLS v0.22b beta

Submitted by xenoche
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Lights Last Stand

Created by xenOChe
Map Status: Beta Testing

Lights Last Stand is a hero based defence map where you play the role of a hero defending the Gaian Heart from the evil horde, who wants to snuff out its light and anyone who stands in thier way.

Map features
- 24 heroes currently with a range of customized abilities inwhich to defeat the agressors.
- 109 items ranging from the lowly 'Ordinary' to the powerful Ultimus item class inwhich to aid your hero in battle.
- 9 Levels, each consisting of 5 waves, swarm, ranged, special, heavy and a full assault wave, consisting of a mix of the first 4 waves finishing with the spawning of the levels boss.
- Gold vault that allows you to gain interest on stored gold.
- Achievements that reward the players for achieving specific goals
- Demonic Events that trigger when gaian energy (displayed as lumber) is depleted and increase in severity as the game progresses.
- When the defending players perform poorly gaian energy is reduced faster increasing the frequency of demonic events

Any and all ideas for heroes, items, events, or anything you feel would make it better would be appreciated. If your feeling especially enthused you could post a replay of a game you had that I could analyze to help iron out bugs and tweak map balance (or to compare scores :cool:).

Credits
Thanks to psn_KINGSLVRD42, moleman, Ayraclus, Scribbles, Chrexis, billy4, equal., mkubasa and vlad770 for alpha and beta testing.

Thanks to the following wc3 mod makers for there much appreciated efforts:

Tranquil: Carpet model, Lightning effect, Window model, Lighting effects, snipe target effect.
SantoRayo[iP]: Gem model
Carrington2k: Black Hole model
!!GORO!!: Bag model
Dionesiist: Demon hunter skin
Krysis: Boots of Medivh
0123456789: Goblin boots
Kallimachos: Allure icon
rednek: Castle cliff tile
tomv8: Meteorite
WILLTHEALMIGHTY: Explosion Effects
Daelin: Mana tap, Ignis, Frozen shell and Cold auras, Pedistal models
JetFangInferno: Blood, Holy bomb and Enchantment effects
levigeorge1617: Shock Aura
EdwardSwolenToe: Eye of Saregas missile
Dan van Ohllus: Love buff
Ergius: Gold Ore model
EvilCryptLord: Infernal machine missile
Illidan(Evil)X: Ion beam model
anarchianbedlam: Plasma mortar effect
BlackDoom: Medalion Icon
AkolytOr: Ring Icon
frEAk49: Shimmer Orb Icon
IIILSDIII: Tome Icon
Mc!: Wand Icon
CRAZYRUSSIAN: Light armor and helm Icons

Any ideas, suggestions, head over to the LLS development thread.
> Lights Last Stand Development Thread < Map Status: Beta Testing

v.22b changelog
-Fixed guide texts.
-Added another tier in demonic construction.
-Many abilities tweaked /balanced.
-Fixed a problem where creeps would always spawn from the same side.
-Tomes no longer share cooldown.
-Balanced mana costs of all hero abilities.
-Buffed the demonic summon, Soul Reaper.
-Made the enemy forces red for ease of minimap usage.
-Demonic buildings are know pinged, so you always know where they are.
-Difficulty now effects the death penelty severity.
-Removed annoying pauses on channel based skills.
-Bank is now much easier to access (press Esc, press again to reselect your hero).
-Heroes are now invulnerable for 5 seconds upon resurrection.
-Level cap increased to 30.

Keywords:
defence, castle, heroes, demons
Contents

LLS v0.22b beta (Map)

Reviews
00:17, 28th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: This isn't a full review, since we didn't put this map on a testing session. However I'm sure we will in the future, and you will get more reviews. This one is only for the cause of approval. My apologies,...
  1. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hah, yes, well considering no other hero really has that luxury, its a bit if an inconsistency. The stone bomb still deals potentially the most aoe damage in the game, even after being nerfed to 30%. Its very wise to pot up before going out on a mission to destroy altars, or hold the lane far enough forward that its not a mission (if you can tear yourself away from the soothing aura of your beloved Shrine :xxd:).

Time will tell, but I'm semi-expecting more issues with balance after the major creep revamp, at least now I'm ready, complete with spreadsheets and difficulty curves, should make my tinkering with balance a bit more structured from now on.

2. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually I think the shrines aura wasn't working properly in that other version, when level 1 was completely raping us I swear the aura wasn't regenning anything at all. May wanna check that replay, btw did you balance level 1? Or was there just something I was missing last game that was the reason level 1 completely melted our faces in that game.

And ya stone bomb is still one of the strongest AoE's, but since it can't hit altars anymore... may want to lower the altars life a little bit now in normal difficulty, because they do take awhile to kill with just normal attacks.

3. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    0.21 was a right off due to me stuffing up the first waves upgrades, it should be fine now, the shrines healing aura still works, that first wave was just ludicrous (my bad). I've tried to make sure that the altars hitpoints scale, but with so many heroes, makes it difficult. I was even thinking about shrinking the hero pool down to 12, getting them balanced, then add 1 each new version. I found it tough to cut down to 12 though, I'll just keep on wit what I got.

Another thought, I could make all abilities target structures...hmmm, then I'd have to buff altars, what do ya think?

4. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    this would actually makes it alot easier cause the spell-based heroes have finally a chance to destroy them too
    atm they havent any good way to destroy them with their low atk.

5. Skopetski

Skopetski

Resources:
    Resources:
    I say make most abilities scale a tiny bit with various stats, since you have to make "combos" to do any damage with spells at later levels ^_^

6. kyle150

kyle150

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I noticed at some times my spell attacks would damage myself in-game, same thing happen to others in the game.

Is this intended? because i could not tell where this is coming from.

7. Vaarj

Vaarj

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's when the mobs have "Thorns" on them that this happens, the buff description should probably be changed as it now only mentions melee.

I've had times where i've insta-killed myself when doing a spell that hits alot of mobs with thorns, like the Lightning-Panda's chain-lightning.

8. slasherxx

slasherxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think there might be a crash bugg with the hero zeus[forgot the name, but that the dota look]. I played 3 straight pub game when someone picked zeus and when he reach lvl 6 it crashes.

9. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When you say zeus, do you mean the Iron Breaker?

The damage return should be returning only melee damage, but it's not working as intended (I think its because of the way I've managed my damage detection, I'll either nerf it and fix the buff description, or find out how a standard wc ability is returning spell damage, very strange:eekani:).

10. Vaarj

Vaarj

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played it once again solo, i still think the Aether Drakes are too strong, this time i spammed strength tomes as much as i could and still got killed instantly..

Here's the replay..

Edit: Rewatching the replay myself i noticed that i hadn't got much HP left when the Aether Drakes got to me..

Attached Files:

11. Vaarj

Vaarj

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can confirm that, using the Ironbreaker's ultimate crashes the game, you should get that fixed as soon as possible..

12. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Damn, thats a major problem, fixing soon as possible.

Thank for the replay, I'll watch it right now.

13. BlackCat500

BlackCat500

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll test 0.21b now, though when I just played 0.21a alone I noticed one doesn't stand much of a chance against the vanquisher wave as a mage, because they are immune to magic...The boss of that wave blinked to me so I had to deal with him instead of the vanquishers and after I killed the boss the next wave spawned already so I had 4 waves + 1 boss stuck behind the vanquishers..when I finally defeated some of the vanquishers (not even all, and look how long it took!) the waves behind the vanquishers (demons with hexing and everything, rendering you unable to do anything) owned my whole base without me being able to resist. Dunno if it's intended to be that way, but I found it rather disturbing. I forgot to save the replay though, I was playing as statizar. Anyway, I like the changes of 0.21a, finally some other professions stand a chance too..although I do have to admit the stone bomb ability is quite useless when trying it solo, due to your health always being down to nothing

14. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    hm...tanks should get items which reduce the recieved dmg and eventually reflect dmg
    and rangers...maybe something which increases their range or make them able to summon a pet to guard them.

15. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I most cetainly agree on that. Played as a tank.... wasn't that good =/

16. slasherxx

slasherxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    just played 1 game of .21b and shrine doesnt give mana regen now?
    I think the advance armor that u raise cost too much now, it was better as it was. 40k to 67k?[i think it was that] is a too high increase in price.

17. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, I'm having real difficulty balancing LLS. I buff and it's to easy, I nerf all the wrong things, now its way too hard.

"Oh mighty gods of game balance, I know not what I'm doing" :pal:

BlackCat500
    Dammit, Vanquishers should have magic resistance, not immunity, sorry for you disturbing game.

FrozenFenrir
    I am in the prossess of designing a class specific item for tanks that has the block ability and the addition of pets is planned to be included, but I'm waiting for 0.21 to be balanced enough that I feel confidant adding such a dramatic change. I'm hoping 0.21c will be the last of the 0.21 series and I can start adding new features.

slasherxx
    Shrine mana regen was unnecessary and made mana pots pretty redundant.
    Item costs are something I'll be continually working on.

EDIT: Once again I find another game breaking bug, I'll fix it within the hour.
    EDIT2: I, as well as any players out there, are probably fed up with all these damn bugs, SO, before releasing 0.21c I'm going to test this tonight, all night, to ensure minimal issues. Anyone that's on US east at the time feel free to come and join in the festivities as I iron out the bugs of LLS.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  18. slasherxx

slasherxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    played .21b again and got to the aether drake part. They dominately everyone in like 1 sec and the heart die in 1 sec, are they suppose to be this powerful? We were heavy gear with alot of tomes too.

Has anyone ever beaten the game?

19. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I dont think so. Atleast without cheating.

20. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hahaha :D i tried cheating and got owned also. FINALY a game that beats cheaters xD although cheating the godmod cheat is some kind of a bug.. maybe but a damn good bug xD

~Misha~