• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lizardman Warrior

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
A sword lizard guy that came first

Please use, you don't even have to notify me, I'll find you anyway

[Update 2] Added a helmet and a cuirass + tweaked some stuff. If you still want their original appearence, go here: C:\fakepath\Liz | HIVE

[Update 3] Removed the cuirass and made a new helmet, also added more detail I guess. New attack animations (should look more responsive I guess?)

23/06/2018 updated the texture and changed some stuff

25/01/2019 general upgrade, edited anims, edited texture, new icon, separate portrait

03/02/2019 minor blood splat edit and a couple small fixes

24/11/2023 Added a new alternate version, designed to look less specific and more generic and flexible. Minor fixes for the old model. Both models scaled up

Keywords:
lizard, lizardman, humanoid, dinosaur, reptile, sword, warrior, shield
Previews
Contents

lizardman warrior icon (Icon)

Lizardman Warrior (Model)

Lizardman Warrior Portrait (Model)

Lizardman Warrior Tribal (Model)

Lizardman Warrior Tribal Icon (Icon)

Lizarman Warrior Tribal Portrait (Model)

Reviews
15:40, 9th Dec 2014 MiniMage: Work on lowering the filesize. 23:25, 19th Dec 2014 MiniMage: Boom, magic happens. The filesize still looks hefty at first glance, but this is a two in one package deal. With the lowering of filesize to this level...

ISL

ISL

Level 13
You even got the feathers...

Anyway, yours one has more character in it :)

And the update is nice, I'm actually tempted to use it now...
You understand how good your model is when it gives inspiration to other people :D

Level 3
If I remember correctly this was the first model of yours I came across and boy am I glad I found it. I don't think I've ever seen any other model use the satyr animations before so that plus the unique look really makes this model stand out in my mind.

Level 14
Oh yeah, this is greatly detailed, the anims and the textures. Looks to fit to Reforged as well.
Fortunately, I would have to update my reptile faction along with your newer stuff :)

I wonder what happened to the rat-people you are makin'?

Level 32
Oh yeah, this is greatly detailed, the anims and the textures. Looks to fit to Reforged as well.
Fortunately, I would have to update my reptile faction along with your newer stuff :)

I wonder what happened to the rat-people you are makin'?

Nothing yet

I want to add cannibalism anims to the old ones and make a stormvermin but I don't know when im gonna do that

Level 32
hm.. the newest ( i assume) lizard guy's back is pretty odd,, the belt from the front stops abruptly and doesn't continue and wrap around the back oO
also there's a small wrap issue on the 'boots' at their 'knee' spikes

but the lizard is lookin' mighty fancy :3

I never managed to make his back both have a belt and well-pronounced muscles at the same time without drawing it separately (there was too little of texture image free space left for aaproper back), so I kinda settled on that. It may look odd at close inspection ingame its more or less alright, same goes for knee spike things (although its not too hard to fix tbh)

thanks

Level 4
When I first saw this model in 2014 it had sort of created this amazing idea for me. Once you started creating the rest of the pack I had decided to make turn my ideas into a custom race of some sort, eventually around 2016 I this turned into a custom moba filled with other great models from HIVE that I would privately play with friends. Sometime in the middle of 2018 I began working on a multiplayer RPG based on the lore of the MOBA. For this, I simply Thank you Gluma, for inspiring me.

Level 3
Hey so my wife and I have been working together to make a map. We only intend for us to use it and it is mostly for the experience of making it. I've been wanting to add custom skins but I have no experience with this at all. I can't figure out the process to use the skins whatsoever... I got your Lizardman Assassin one to work, but I can't get any others to work (not just yours, like... any lol). I know I'm doing it wrong but I don't know where I'm messing up. I think it is with the full path names, could you give me an example of what I should have imported for the names when importing the files for this warrior? They are the best skins we've seen so far!

Level 32
Hey so my wife and I have been working together to make a map. We only intend for us to use it and it is mostly for the experience of making it. I've been wanting to add custom skins but I have no experience with this at all. I can't figure out the process to use the skins whatsoever... I got your Lizardman Assassin one to work, but I can't get any others to work (not just yours, like... any lol). I know I'm doing it wrong but I don't know where I'm messing up. I think it is with the full path names, could you give me an example of what I should have imported for the names when importing the files for this warrior? They are the best skins we've seen so far!

It should look like this I think
9PCWfIvGYE8.jpg

Level 3
It should look like this I think
9PCWfIvGYE8.jpg
Thank you so much for posting the image, that was really helpful. Okay, so I did the paths right for your stuff, but I have one more question: In terms of actually using these files, what is the difference between the regular warrior file and the portrait file? Currently, I am setting the warrior.mdx as the "art - model" but I'm not sure what I do with the portrait or if that is something somehow done automatically?

Level 32
Thank you so much for posting the image, that was really helpful. Okay, so I did the paths right for your stuff, but I have one more question: In terms of actually using these files, what is the difference between the regular warrior file and the portrait file? Currently, I am setting the warrior.mdx as the "art - model" but I'm not sure what I do with the portrait or if that is something somehow done automatically?

I think it should do it automatically

Yeas! Truly looks more generic and is also very warcrafty, and the portrait is damn amazing, a great addition 🔥 We. Need. More.

I also tweaked the animations to be smotther and made a new spell anim. The old model has the new animations too.

I'd make the TC plane in the portrait bigger so that more of the team-color can be seen behind the head.
And maybe also reconsider the 'Spell' sequence because the sword sheaths too quickly and after the animation's turning point it looks like there are no frames and the model is just slowly returning to the initial keyframes. Ideally there should be a dummy sword geoset on the thigh 👌
Just feels like you put the keyfreames of the spell cast posture too close to the starting frames and that's what made this twitch.

Level 32
Yeas! Truly looks more generic and is also very warcrafty, and the portrait is damn amazing, a great addition 🔥 We. Need. More.

I'd make the TC plane in the portrait bigger so that more of the team-color can be seen behind the head.
And maybe also reconsider the 'Spell' sequence because the sword sheaths too quickly and after the animation's turning point it looks like there are no frames and the model is just slowly returning to the initial keyframes. Ideally there should be a dummy sword geoset on the thigh 👌
Just feels like you put the keyfreames of the spell cast posture too close to the starting frames and that's what made this twitch.

It was made with gameplay in mind where you need a visible snappy motion that you can see with the edge of the eye but won't nessesary notice smaller stuff like sword dissapearing. Also I'm pretty sure I not only put the spell pose close to the openinng keyframe, but also changed the first pose itself just to make it move faster. It should be tested in the actual game environment to evaluate properly and actually yeah I didn't test this one anim that much. Also yeah maybe the ending could be a bit more elaborate

It was made with gameplay in mind where you need a visible snappy motion that you can see with the edge of the eye but won't nessesary notice smaller stuff like sword dissapearing. Also I'm pretty sure I not only put the spell pose close to the openinng keyframe, but also changed the first pose itself just to make it move faster. It should be tested in the actual game environment to evaluate properly and actually yeah I didn't test this one anim that much. Also yeah maybe the ending could be a bit more elaborate
Ye, like your 'Spell' inherits the starting pose from 'Stand Ready' and it is quite different in comparison to your 'Stand', so when your unit stays away from its enemies and plays 'Stand' by default it will have to switch to 'Stand Ready' before the 'Spell' if you order it to cast something. Thus if you don't have a smooth transition, gameplay-wise, it will look quite twitchy.

Wanted to talk about the 'cast point' staff from the Object Editor and how it works with the animations when they have different "hit" timings but eh, too long 😛