• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lizardman Warrior

So like I've said I would, I made another Lizardman. This model is designed to be used as a basic infantry unit. I hope you like it.
~1.01- Reduced file size a little
~1.02- Reduced file size considerably

Keywords:
Lizard, Lizardman, Dinosaur, Melee, Basic, Grunt, Soldier, Warrior, Jungle
Contents

Lizardman Warrior (Model)

Lizardman Warrior (Model)

Reviews
21:42, 2nd Jan 2013 -Grendel: good looking lizard man. but still doesn't beat the hell outta my lizardman model >:D haha, just kidding. anyway you need to work more on how you UV things up. some parts are stretched. also, make the transition between...

M

21:42, 2nd Jan 2013
-Grendel: good looking lizard man. but still doesn't beat the hell outta my lizardman model >:D
haha, just kidding. anyway you need to work more on how you UV things up. some parts are stretched. also, make the transition between the geomerged parts better so it'll avoid clipping. aaaaand make your materials two sided so it'll look less weird in-game OK?
that said, i see potential in you. keep it up.

How about using MDLVis to convert all the animations into linear type? Or do it manually one by one. This could save a lot of filesize.

Edit: So in case you want to see how much your model size would go down, heres the file. But im not sure whether all of the animations have changed into linear because I did it manually.

Attachments

• LizardmanWarrior Linearized.mdx
    175.6 KB · Views: 182
Nice second model, but...

File size -- Huh? Not enough quality to be worth such file size.

Edit: File size is better, now.

Hand inside of weapon? Make hand bigger or handle smaller, so that the hand is outside of the weapon, holding it.

Random square sitting in front of the bludgeon? Might wanna remove that.

Backwards legs? This is a lizard, not a goat. Lizard legs bend normal.

Edit: Now that the biggest issue, the file size, has been fixed, I'm giving it a 4/5.

Last edited:
Level 11
Nice second model, but...

File size -- Huh? Not enough quality to be worth such file size.......

.....Backwards legs? This is a lizard, not a goat. Lizard legs bend normal.

Fixed the problem with the filesize, but goat:ogre_frown:? Goats aren't the only ones with digitigrade (walks on toes) limbs. Animals with digitgrade limbs are dogs, cats, elephants, birds, even dinosaurs. Many lizardman depictions have semi-ditigrade legs..

Fixed the problem with the filesize, but goat:ogre_frown:? Goats aren't the only ones with digitigrade (walks on toes) limbs. Animals with digitgrade limbs are dogs, cats, elephants, birds, even dinosaurs. Many lizardman depictions have semi-ditigrade legs..

Maybe you've never seen a lizard in real life. Google lizard. If you're going to give it backwards limbs and then use the "dinosaur" excuse, maybe you should have called it a Reptilian. But once you call it a "Lizardman" it will need to share characteristics with a lizard, and not some other random reptile.

The truth is that your base model was a satyr (goat-man) with backwards legs, and you don't feel like changing the animations.

If you simply admitted "It was satyr model and I don't want to change the animations" then I'd be perfectly fine with that, not gonna make you do something when you don't feel like putting the work into it; doing work that you don't want to could make you hate modeling. What I don't like is people who try to make up some B.S. to cover their tracks rather than admitting the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I still like this model.

Level 11
Maybe you've never seen a lizard in real life. Google lizard. If you're going to give it backwards limbs and then use the "dinosaur" excuse, maybe you should have called it a Reptilian. But once you call it a "Lizardman" it will need to share characteristics with a lizard, and not some other random reptile.

The truth is that your base model was a satyr (goat-man) with backwards legs, and you don't feel like changing the animations.

If you simply admitted "It was satyr model and I don't want to change the animations" then I'd be perfectly fine with that, not gonna make you do something when you don't feel like putting the work into it; doing work that you don't want to could make you hate modeling. What I don't like is people who try to make up some B.S. to cover their tracks rather than admitting the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I still like this model.
Well, if you've seen lizardmen from warhammer, they all have "Backwards legs", but you do have a point I don't want to make them regular legs. I may try to make them a little more bulky, and the angles on the legs not as sharp, but other than that I'd prefer to let the leg thing drop. It's good to know you like it.
(Btw base model was Dranai, not satyr)

I would like it in green skin but, other than that it's nice.
Keep up your lizard company!
I'm going back and forth with skin color to create some diversity. I plan to keep the lizardman models continuing, kind of like what Mephistrial did with gnolls.

Well, if you've seen lizardmen from warhammer, they all have "Backwards legs", but you do have a point I don't want to make them regular legs. I may try to make them a little more bulky, and the angles on the legs not as sharp, but other than that I'd prefer to let the leg thing drop. It's good to know you like it.
(Btw base model was Dranai, not satyr)

I'm going back and forth with skin color to create some diversity. I plan to keep the lizardman models continuing, kind of like what Mephistrial did with gnolls.

Really? Oh, well Draenei's legs bend backwards like a satyr's, too, and they stand a similar way, so that would explain my misinterpretation.

Yes, continue swapping back and forth between myrmidon and royal guard's textures to maintain diversity. Maybe you could blend some yellow with the royal guard's texture in material layers for another lizard.