• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LEGO Warz v0.96

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

LEGO Warz v0.96 (Map)

Level 3
if you shall make a lego map he could atleast get some models or atleast make the char's look like lego.

It isn't that easy to just "Get some models", you have to use the resources you have. Why can't you make a comment on the gameplay? What the units look like has nothing to do with anything. Claudz, don't make comments unless you are offering helpful critisizm, or compliments.

Level 2
Well, if you guys would look at my first version of this map that I posted, it might be helpful. I did post a short history and explanation.

http://wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=6297

Also, please keep the comments specific, and try it online first. Terrain sucks? Tell me what I can do to make it better. Needs more models? Find me a LEGO model I can import and I will credit you. And I would prefer if we leave Denmark out of it, even though it is the birthplace of the LEGO.

Thanks guys!

Level 2
Hello Cybtachion,

I would like to give my impression on your map:

You did a lot of nice graphics in the Map.
I like it.

The map itself needs some balancing, i think.

There seems to be not really a response to the Starwars-Ships except building the same in masses.
(Too powerful in my opinion)

You get gold faster than you can spend it and later in the game, the game becomes instable because of too many units on the screen.
maybe increase building time and let check the training trigger the number of units in play....

The Dumbledoor-Unit has a bug in his spells:
Both Spells are activated when I use one.
(maybe you copied the one spell for the other ?)

Player controled units (heroes and one other i forgot)
do not really effect the gameplay. They are to week.

You cannot defend efficiantly against the masses of
units with the 2 types of towers. (they just get busted away).
- maybe decrease building time of towers ?

If you upgrade Lego Castle to Hogwarts Castle it produces weak mages (clerics actually), instead of the
stronger knights from the Lego Castle.
I think, an upgraded building should produce stronger units.

I personally missed figurines to set in play with your basic builder.
I experienced that a lot of people like to attack quickly or put some monster in as a wallbreaker.

My general impression:
You did good work: the game runs stable.(until too many units are on screen.)
I have seen no game crashes or server splits, so you triggered well.
Graphics are nice and fitting to a lego environment.

For gameplay:
Play your map in Bnet often, save some replays
analyze them and look what players like and improve you map.

You have done a nice work for your first map !
(I think you told that on your BETA)

Keep on mapping,
LightningBolt

Level 2
Well, thanks guys, taking all of Lightningbolt's and other's helpful comments into consideration.

Been working for a mod for Empire at War, so I haven't had time to update. Next map will feature balanced gameplay, more custom models, two new build trees, and new gameplay areas!

It will also feature new super units that will help in reduction of unit numbers, gold, and other instabilities like whiney players... :p

Thanks again!

cyb