• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary thread revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I had an idea. This should stop most of the crying in the legendary thread.

What if I divided the thread into two sections, Epic and Legendary, where Epic terrains are just awesome looking, but the Legendary ones are the awesome AND original ones? So we could kinda have like a "second place" section.

Thoughts?

Level 12
make a Commission which will choice terrain to be legendary or epic. Member of commission also recieve great salary, and parliamentary immunity.

And also make another Commission which will deal with complaints about "why my pic didnt make it into legendary...", also with great salary :)

Anyway, I will look into my HDD and find some epic pictures :)

Level 10
Lawl i like Restor's idea ^^

I think its a good idea to revamp (although theres nothing wrong with the way it is now)and yeah maybe there should be a vote or group of people that decide if a terrain is good enough for "Epic" title - to make it fair and so everyone cant bitch at 1 person if they dont make it.

Level 36
make a Commission which will choice terrain to be legendary or epic. Member of commission also recieve great salary, and parliamentary immunity.

And also make another Commission which will deal with complaints about "why my pic didnt make it into legendary...", also with great salary :)

Anyway, I will look into my HDD and find some epic pictures :)

A social group would be perfect for this matter.

Level 19
yes
make an epic thread and add all my terrains there xD

ya way!

NEVAR

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone can see it.

y dos tred haf 2 pags nd onle c 1?????///

Why not have 2 separate threads :p
Having a social group for.. something.. would be interesting. For example, nominating, or something like that, yaya yah dig gee dawg unit yo yo (ignore that)
ANYWAY the original idea of the thread - yes I concur my good man.

Level 6
how bout you make 4 threads ... 1st thread is to discus/nominate terrains ... 2nd thread is for the committee of experienced terrainers to vote on terrains ... 3rd thread is where legendary terrains are (i think legendary should be better than epic) ... 4th is were epic terrains are.

no polls should be used because they could be rigged and you could end up having a bad terrain in the wrong place.

everyone should be able to nominate terrains but you have a committee of experienced terrainers to vote on whether or not they should be epic/legendary

If anything for the "group of experienced terrainers", it'd be a social group, which would be a little retarded.
Divide the thread into two, epic & legendary and reopen it IMO ;]
Pretty much anyone could discuss, give reasons for and against, and nominate a terrain for either category, you can discuss again in WHICH category it should go. It'll probably go back to the chaos before, but hey, it's a better chaos :D Start working now, void

Level 18
just make the second section one where you post your screens and people rate it if thay can be in the legendary thread for example. If i post a terrain the new thread (that void shall make) and many people think it should be in the legendary than put it there if not than just ignore the screen

Level 4
How about you make two stickies, one for poeple to post terrains that they think are good enough. And one for comments on them. You can't post comments in the first thread, only pictures. Because really, why have a thread for just "legendary" terrains?

Status
Not open for further replies.