• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary Terrains

attachment.php

By: Dia3olus

Legendary for sure, no?

Level 34
I prefer his cities to be honest. This looks like a bunch of doodads, while the others look like actual models. Nonetheless this is good work.

Level 1
The structure is good, but the terrain around it isn't much of a terrain.

well shit...if were not counting the terrain around the main part....then i guess you need to take down the big robot thing....imo the terrain around that isnt to special [no offence to whoever made it, the robot is awesome](a coupld hills with trees and a few domes arent hard to make), and i could say the same about a couple of other pics....oh and one of the pictures doesnt load(maybe just me? second to last one)

oh and just an fyi....this was created almost 4 years ago, possibly....before any of these pics were made(dont hold me to it im not sure)...not that it matters anyway. back then there wasnt a lot of custom models, so terrainers had to be really creative to make stuff.....

Last edited:
Level 2
*Stares at the last picture for five minutes*...........It's........beautiful........*Wanders on pondering the meaning of life*

Level 18
my screeenshots

sry gilles, i diddn't read that message until now xD

i had no idea that legendary terrain was selected :O

anyway, the screeenshot of the "stadium" should be considered legendary ( i dont know if i can make descisions like that xD)

why? because what he is showcasing is the stadium... not the terrain around it.
if he /she wanted to , they could upgrade the terrain around it, but thats not what he wants u to notic.

it uses no imports, so its a good :D

Last edited:
Level 34
sry gilles, i diddn't read that message until now xD

i had no idea that legendary terrain was selected :O

anyway, the screeenshot of the "stadium" should be considered legendary ( i dont know if i can make descisions like that xD)

why? because what he is showcasing is the stadium... not the terrain around it.
if he /she wanted to , they could upgrade the terrain around it, but thats not what he wants u to notic.

it uses no imports, so its a good :D
If the terrain around the stadium isn't good, I wouldn't accept it. If it's minor screen wise and a decent job, basically just filler, that's fine, but if it's bare and ugly, then no.

Level 34
To be showcased at this thread, you must have MadseN's or Void's artistic skills.

Your terrain is really creative, congratulations. But what we want is the artistic skills.

But of course, creativity is within the "Artistic Skills Group", I think.
Creativity will not get you a spot in this thread.

Level 36
You might want to rephrase that to "creativity alone will not get you a spot in this thread".

Creativity is one of the most important aspects of... well... anything! Especially artistic things like terraining!!

I do believe I'm losing the terrain contest right now due to lack of creativity.

Level 34
Hey, did anyone said something about me?

Clam down dude, you're going too far on that.

Also, Void's correction is right, only creativity isn't enough.
I wasn't pointing that you at anyone in particular, just a general you.

Yeah yeah, I meant creativity alone. I just thought it sent the message a little more the way I said it. I don't want to see creative terrains that are mediocre, I want to see creative terrains that also look great.

Also, what do you guys think about adding a new reward to the terrain contest? The winner get's their terrain put in here. I figure it should be legendary enough.