• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary Terrains

Level 18
holy crap !! Goblin that iz freakin awsome !
edit : o wait goblin did you make those ?? i think " Goris " made them lol dont know though...

i especially like the 3 rd one, though it may need some clouds in that dark sky... or stars. THAT would make it epic.

the 4th one seems epic, but it seems to be missing something...
like the camera angle is lacking a little bit... i dont know...

but 3rd lookz legendary... needs a starry sky or a misty clouds ( cloud 3 )

Level 34
It's not legendary tbh. There are too many flaws (like bad tile variation, and the rays of light coming from behind the sun...)
Other than that though it's awesome. The atmosphere is amazing and it's actually unique.

Level 34
I'm going to let Famous add them if he feels so inclined. I agree it's barely legendary if legendary at all.

I think that we must keep on mind that the terrains that will enter this showcase must have the quality close to these terrains (there are two links at the word "these").

aahhh right... i get your point now.. well sorry for the time you lost at locking at my posts...:sad:

Level 34
Actually, I think it would be rather fair. Myself, famous, [Death], 2-P, ghenjis and MadseN (along with others) are all fairly evenly matched.
Uhhh, well MadseN is kinda better than the rest. His terrains are just a tad more impressive (not much) and he seems to have more consistency (less of late, I think time has been his enemy and he rushes).

Oh and Tassadoom is worth mentioning because he's freaking amazing.

hey guys i ''tryed'' to make a legendary terrain .. but i still need some help to improve it.. Void already helped me .. now what about your comments?

P.S = i'm talking about the first one... and after Void's comments i update it.. but he never commented back.. (the update is down on the page)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f267/fantaisy-world-99381/

Level 36
Uhhh, well MadseN is kinda better than the rest. His terrains are just a tad more impressive (not much) and he seems to have more consistency (less of late, I think time has been his enemy and he rushes).

Oh and Tassadoom is worth mentioning because he's freaking amazing.

Tassadoom is inactive, I think.

@Belgarath-- Well, I rush too, but that's just because I'm lazy. I have to get over that D:

I guess that's a fault that goes away with age, but yes, it would be close between whoever.
Goblin, stop trying to get your terrains in here >_<

oky fine.. i just REALLY want to be part of this :D cause its like the biggest goal! :eek: but meeh i wont do it again ..

i did understood the first time ^^ but anyway.. ONE DAY! there will be one of my picture :D

Edit : btw i was always wondering.. why do you based a lengedary terrain to an AWSOME TERRAIN ? like the atmosphere? the fealling it brings to you? or the epicness ? i dont know really.. cause than i could aime to accomplis the LENGEDARY effect..

Level 28
i did understood the first time ^^ but anyway.. ONE DAY! there will be one of my picture :D

Edit : btw i was always wondering.. why do you based a lengedary terrain to an AWSOME TERRAIN ? like the atmosphere? the fealling it brings to you? or the epicness ? i dont know really.. cause than i could aime to accomplis the LENGEDARY effect..

Yes, I think you got it.

But the main thing is the Epicness, IMO.

Level 5
Level 2
Reworked version of my screenshot "Ancient Temple", i think it's place must be here )

Attachments

• Ancient Temple (Rework).JPG
    Ancient Temple (Rework).JPG
    109 KB · Views: 196
well there are some epic terrain i don't think they have there place in this.. Like Frost wisper hand.. like its only the hand that is epic.. the rest (the background) is FAR to be even awsome.. its just ok...so he should work on the background before we accept this... as for your winter pic.. i think its nice .. but way! to repetitive.. like i don't have the fealling of epicness compared to the other (the desert, the dragon and the land or what ever... ) i still think its an AWSOME terrain, but not anof Epic.. sorry <3

but if Void says the HAVE to be in it.. or Gilles.. well than i can't say anything..

Level 28
What do you think about we all being a bit more... "rigorous" in judging the incoming terrains?

I like the idea, for the sake of the thread (Famous/Goblin/anyone else, it is not about any of you in special, I only want more "high quality thread"... if you understand).

well i think Belgarath have a good idea.. for shure we will show our BEST terrain .. so than the other could give some tip... so we will have 3 times the help and the important tips that normal users that don't terrain don't usually see... so like each month we show our BEST shot.. and we talk about it..

or like create a Legendary terrain submission thread.. of some kind..

Level 18
I did not opt myself in. Although, Goblin keeps trying to do so with himself, along with that other guy, and it's obvious everyone wants in.

frosty's proposal
/Naze's concurrence
There was never any disagreement about it before, but I will take the winter one down.

So, everyone just post whatever screenshots you want that you think are legendary, and we will decide.