• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary Terrains

Level 18
I agree with [Death], I think the underground forzen place is cooler than the frozen throne, although they are both good terrains. I think there was more creativity in the underground cave, and therefore gets my metaphorical vote. So how does everyone feel about limiting the images of people, because Void and [Death] make good points...

Level 34
Onelord, you are your best teacher. Go practice. Look at other peoples terrain for inspiration and to get a general idea of what looks good.

Level 2
i have some ok terrain I"ve terrained for a while but i just joined hive mine doesnt compare to MadseN but its ok but can any1 tell me how to get a screenshot of my work and post?

Level 34
Hit Print Screen on your keyboard. Open up paint and paste it in there. Crop and save as jpeg. Then upload it here using the advanced options for posting.

k thnx gilles +rep I'll upload some in a sec

wait so i have the terrain in paint how do i get it here?

You go to file>save and then attach it to a post in a new thread in this forum. Using this:
attach.gif
in the post toolbar or the "Manage Attachments" at the bottom of the page. ;)

Nice terrains, but it is "Corexx" not Cortexx :p (Crash Bandicoot is awesome btw)

And 2-P's was obviously Photoshopped, I don't think it is his best. xD

Level 34
I'm not so sure those are quite good enough yet. I don't have one up here either, but I suggest you wait and keep practicing. This is supposed to be the best of the best.

Edit: In Zurg's the mountains look photoshopped. Could just be me, but they don't quite seem right.
If that's the case, I think we should ban any photoshopped material from this thread.

And is that all we can get for beam? It's not very good, but from what I hear he is quite good.

Looking at some of these, man I really disagree. There are some not-so-great terrains in here.

Level 34
Custom sky, Gilles. I said that before here. Yeah, this thread IS sort of disappointing ...
Well I dislike the mountains. Custom skies are alright if used properly. As in just clouds and sky, no mountains or other "objects".

Level 34
I think there are too many. If I were running this show, there would be like 10.

Ones that I think should be taken out:
-Infrane. Not sure how that made it, it's not amazing at all.
-Born2Modificate. It's good, but not Legendary.
-Take out one of [Death]'s. Only one per person.
-Ghenjis... not sure. It's nice showing that huge collection, but I'd chose one. Maybe the Saruon one.
-AgentSmith. Again, not sure who put him there.
-Blitzkreige. Another non-legendary.
-Only one of MadseN.
-Evading Self. Good, but not great.
-2-P was a bad choice. He has so many better ones.
-Beam. I hear he was good, but that image was not. No point in having it in here.
-Gitlich, not sure. it's pretty good though. I might leave that.
-Killer_Mushroom, no. It's kind of cool, but not Legendary cool.

Well that's my humble opinion.

Level 7
As far as limiting goes, I think that this is "Legendary Terrains" not "Legendary Terrainers". This thread is meant to inspire, no? Why limit it to names and titles. If it serves the purpose of this thread then it should be put up, regardless of how many of that terrainer's shots are up.

Level 34
True. You've altered my opinion. Although MadseN has so many, no need to put them all up.

Level 7
True. You've altered my opinion. Although MadseN has so many, no need to put them all up.
Err, ghenjis's (and my) point was that screenshots should be put up regardless of name. Removing MadseN's screenshots because he already has some up is not accomplishing that.

Here is a suggestion: Instead of putting a link leading to the terrain with the author's name (a list of links generally looks very ugly anyway), have a thumbnail of the terrain itself. Not only does this make the post look better, it removes the author's name. We shouldn't care about who made which. The terrains themselves are what matter.