• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Left 4 Dead: Red Village

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Based from the game Left 4 Dead.

I uploaded this to show to those who I ask for requests on how I'm doing with their help. And I am thankful for their help. ^^

Still needs a lot of work, and I mean a lot of work! Tell me what you think so far.
Any comments and suggestions are welcome. ^^
Report any bugs.

I still need more time.

Some major parts: (already on my next to fix list)
- no witch yet
- survivors' A.I. script still laggy.
- sound fixes

Read "Game Info" on the game to know more.

Still waiting for some stuff that are being done for this project.
Thanks again to those who are helping me.

Here are the appearance of all the items and weapons on the game. Just to familiarize to those who don't know L4D.

L4DItemPic.jpg

v1
-beta game release

v1.1
-shotgun missiles no longer penetrate.
-missile bug fix when firing on the bottom left corner of the map.
-fixed message display on setting the shot count on smg.
-fixed a string message when the tank’s rock kills or incapacitates.
-tanker can no longer attack pipe bomb.

v1.2
-fixed a major bug with smg’s reload.
-removed wc3 sound when pipe bomb is under attack.
-added a little map boundary.
-fixed some pathing blockers.
-changed name and hotkey of knock and assist.
-fixed some tooltips.
-fixed random item spawns.
-fixed some infected spawn points.
-fixed the doors to properly show open animation.

v1.2b
-added a computer user to allow multi-player.
-weaken shove.
-added condition wherein if the survivors are all incapacitated the game ends.

v1.3
Additions:
-a new level.
-difficulty change.
-A.I. computers on survivors.
-new guns.
-common infected models.
-hunter infected.
-movement modification system dependent on survivors’ hit point.
-progress bar and effects for healing and aiding.
-command information.
Changes/Fixes:
-lowered file size.
-removal of unused survivors.
-fixes on penetration system.
-fixes on knockback system.
-fixes on weapon switch and reload ability to properly work with ammo.
-the “reload” ability no longer stops the movement command.
-the “use” ability now picks up items and initiate activatables.
-rescaled tanker.
-decreased the tanker’s area of effect on its rock throw ability.
-fixes on tank spawn.
-fixes on some parts of the terrain.
-fixes on random spawn count of common infecteds.
-fixes on some tooltips.
-changes on horde spawning.
-fixed damage multiplier on mana while on the effect of Pain Pills with Molotov Cocktail’s burn and Pipe Bomb’s explosion.

Additions:
-boomer/smoker infecteds.
-host detection.
-kick vote system.
-new additional commands.
-added special infected killer notification except on tank.
-room revival.
Changes/Fixes:
-use ability’s open range increased.
-health kit now adds endurance point if it’s below 3.
-changes on the initial quake.
-changes on some game interfaces.
-changes on some tooltips.
-fix on health kit.
-fixes on vote system.
-fixes on pain system.
-fixes on missile system.
-tank reskin.
-tank’s rock throw now increases damage when on harder difficulty.
-rescaled pipe bomb explosion.

-new level complete.
-fixes on smoker’s tongue hook from trapping survivors.
-fixes on knock back from trapping survivors.
-fixes on smoker’s blinding smoke.
-fixes on boomer’s bile.
-changes and fixes on missile system. (fixed a damage and penetration miscalculation, removed some destructible check and added damage weakening as it travels.)
-allowed missile to penetrate walls once.
-fixes on A.I. commands from ally assistance and canceling heal by noticing items.
-A.I.’s now pick the extra pistol.
-increased incapacitated survivors’ maximum hit point.
-removed fog weather for less lag on slow PC instead made it activatable.
-replaced boomer bile screen.

Here's a more latest uploaded version on epicwar. But forgot to remove some test dummies.
On Epic War

A whole rewrite on some codes because of adding a restart system rather than saving it then loading it when you die. It's really a pain and a random crashing of my WE makes it even more painful... so it'll take me more time. But tell me what you think so far. T_T

My system lags now, I don't know what could've cause it though, I'm still looking for the cause.

Attachments

• wondering.jpg
    wondering.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 917
  • molotovburn.jpg
    molotovburn.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 830
  • cabin.jpg
    cabin.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 819
  • Tank!.jpg
    Tank!.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 3,314
  • Left4Dead - Red Village (beta).w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Level 4
You're taking thing on a whole new level are you NV? ^-^
The first time I played this I was shocked by the zombie growls because of the fog.
I love the gameplay. I hope it gets updated soon.

Level 14
Interesting. Trying it now :D.
EDIT: I can't play it :[. Can't test from WE and at Bnet it says all players are on same team. Trying singleplayer now...
EDIT2: Ok it worked :D. The gameplay was fun, terrain was good and it was lagless. Shove is kinda overpowered, i killed everything by just spamming A button.

Keep working on this! :D

Level 13
Fantastic Idea:D
U gotz repz ++
Thanks, ^^

Interesting. Trying it now :D.
EDIT: I can't play it :[. Can't test from WE and at Bnet it says all players are on same team. Trying singleplayer now...
EDIT2: Ok it worked :D. The gameplay was fun, terrain was good and it was lagless. Shove is kinda overpowered, i killed everything by just spamming A button.

Keep working on this! :D
Its an optimized map so it can't be open on WE. I made it work on multi-player game, might work on bnet now. xD
I'll try to fix that shove thing. usually in l4d the zombies shoved only take damaged when cornered, I'll try to make it like that. :D

Thanks again for the responses. ^^

Level 15
very nice game! however should i have unlimited ammo? it would be nice if i can pick some ammo around xD

anyway i never played L4D but i am sure its a nice game and this mode is really great. it would be cool as well if in future u can make AI so i can play... i cant host on BNet and i dont like to play on BNet... haha i was killed when a tone of zombies came from the woods so i need bots xD

overall this is really great for (beta), keep it up!
+rep

Level 13
There are ammo's but they seem so small even the other items and weapons, I'm thinking I should place a hero glow on the items so they are more visible. xD

I'm trying to make the A.I. but they are on triggers just doing random walks around you and shoots at point when zombie's come within range or when attacked they use shove, xD

Level 15
There are ammo's but they seem so small even the other items and weapons, I'm thinking I should place a hero glow on the items so they are more visible. xD

I'm trying to make the A.I. but they are on triggers just doing random walks around you and shoots at point when zombie's come within range or when attacked they use shove, xD

i am currently working on my Counter Strike : Source map, a little coding for now but once i made the engine i could give it to you... it will be as well only 1.24+ compatible.

as well that bullet of yours somehow starts under strange angle sometimes xD
and i think that it could be nice if bullet damage would get weaker by every next zombie it hits. about ammo maybe scale it up a bit if possible... well i dont know how you made the stuff but i am sure its possible.

as i said before really awesome map :)

Level 13
thanks ^^

yes, the bullet weakens when it passes zombies and destructible, there seem to be a bug though when on the destructible. and yea I know what you mean about the angle of the initial appearance of the bullet. I don't know how to fix that. when I create the bullets they should face the angle between points saved on a variable but it doesn't seem to do so. xD

Level 15
thanks ^^

yes, the bullet weakens when it passes zombies and destructible, there seem to be a bug though when on the destructible. and yea I know what you mean about the angle of the initial appearance of the bullet. I don't know how to fix that. when I create the bullets they should face the angle between points saved on a variable but it doesn't seem to do so. xD

hmm try to change bullets pitch and roll constants to 0 if not already.
it might work...

Level 13
Thanks. :D

There seem to be problem with my upload button. I accidentaly removed the file. I will upload it again later on a better connection.

Edit: Updates uploaded. :D

Edit2: It seems that I forgot to remove a test spell. Fixed that now. xD

Edit3: new updates... .xD

Last edited:
Level 7
Looks good.

Looks good, does anyone know where I can get the REAL Left 4 Dead game in Australia? EB and Game don't sell it! L4D2 will probably be banned.

Level 13
@pomelito123
Thanks for your time. Salamat. xD

I'm trying trial and errors now. I don't know why suddenly my missile system lags.
I hope that I can find the problem soon.

Edit: it seems that a very serious bug has bugged me LOL! the boat chases after the pipe bomb causing an advancement on the events. anyway gonna finish the whole map so I can go to the gym and work myself out or probably go to the next project I'm working on.... LOL! xD

still need a witch model though and I'm a little lazy making another model since the last 3 S.I. i made. xD

Level 13
Yes, I did notice before about the ability description and portrait being gone after a while. I didn't really know how to fix that, i'll try to fix that. and i'm gonna fix that part of the terrain. I'm finishing the map now its gonna take more time and a new bullet engine was just installed so it won't lag. oh, and I'm trying to make the witch now. xD

Thank you Anglefires for pointing those out. :D

EDIT: the next update will no longer work on patches below 1.24b though, because of the new and faster bullet engine.

Level 17
Looks very good.

Something you might like. To make it easier to attack zombies try this :

• Attack Special
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object (Bad)
    • Conditions
      • ((Target unit of issued order) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Ordered unit))) Equal to True
      • (String((Issued order))) Equal to smart
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Attack (Target unit of issued order)
"Attack" is the order string of a custom spell based of the channel ability with a target type of Unit or Point.

"Smart" is the rightclick order string

So basically when you right click a unit your unit with the custom attack ability will fire in that direction.

Just a thought thou.

Level 8
This game is great, I enjoyed it a lot. I was wondering on updates? When will there be another release, what updates can we expect? etc...

Great job on the map.

Level 8
I think it would be better for the map overall that if you are too lazy at the moment to finish, put it on hold. Work on it when you feel like restarting it, don't want to have an amazing map then a couple of half assed things ruin it.

Of course that is my stand point on that, it is your map just a friendly suggestion =)

things I wanna say :3
1.The ai, so laggy

2.Well, instead of targeting, maybe the "Shotting" skill should be insta cast, like it will shoot at the point where the shooter faces

3.Make something like "BOOMER!", "GRENADE!", like that :D. Its hard to know if a special infected is nearby (I am not good at memorizing their sounds)

4.Uh, why is the house in the middle not exitable?

5.Tank, fuck, he killed me in one hit D:, noob ai, they didn't heal me

6.Wish to see more weapons soon ^^

7.Sometimes, when you are tongued up by a smoker, then in between you and a smoker is piles of trees, you will be stucked there

8.I think you need to upgrade now, to Left 4 dead 2

9.The trees, oh my, there are so many trees

10. More gore plox

11.Nice map, I like this maps :D, also make it Versus

Level 8
Supertoinks

The AI is stupid yes...

Just no, would ruin how much fun the game is if you are walking around with insta kill not doing anything.

The house in the middle is a safe house, you have to close the first door when everyone is inside (On occasions closing it without everyone inside will cause a crash *Tested*)

The "Noob" AI is supposed to get a fix, and there is a command for the AI to come help you...

Weapons are all there from L4D even a turret.

If that happens (The Smoker thing) you go up to the person being held and just "Shove" like in the actual L4D

This map must of taken so much time to do and you are already asking for an upgrade? Beat it on the hardest mode =)

Trees add atmosphere?

Gore isn't really needed it will just lag the game most likely.

I agree with the Versus option =)

Level 13
lol, yeh i was requesting for a safe room door model. it seems that he forgotten all about it. i'll try to make one if i can. xD thanks for testing. ^^

I knew someday someone will suggest a versus mode. xD
and about upgrading to left 4 dead 2. I don't think i can. just maybe...

JOCKEY!!! xD

Level 8
Lol the peasant is just a holder so the zombies can break through doors and what not, hit E to open them, those peasants shouldn't be shown, should be invisible. At least he let you know what doors are openable lol.

And to be honest I'd love a versus mode but I think it might turn out to be a bit laggy maybe?

Level 13
LOL! yah, those dummy peasants are doors that uses wind walk when they open. forgot to change them back to Dummy.mdx. xD

the only thing that lags the game is the missile system. but i'm working on it. after that fix i'm pretty sure the versus won't lag. btw, does anyone know how to change the tooltip of hold position. I'm thinking replacing it with instant shooting so that i can keep both target shooting and instant shooting.

and about that boomerbile disabling some interfaces and tooltips, yeh, it was reported but still don't know how to fix that...

Status
Not open for further replies.