• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My "Left 4 Dead"ish Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
-Intro-
In an attempt to make a L4D map, its become barely close with a completely different story. But is still, in my opinion, not a complete failure map. Basically, for those who don't know what Left 4 Dead is, it is a zombie survival, adventuring game with guns and equipment and boss zombies with super powers. Some of the info I give'll probably make more sense if you've actually played L4D >.<. This map was created by I alone (dts0301) save the help of 2 RL friend testers who no longer play this game. (I don't think I used any resources. If I did please tell me so I give credit :3)

-Progress/Description-

-It is fffaarrrr from finished. Only the first level has cinematics and is playable. I haven't run through the triggers for leaks yet (its all in GUI for JASS is too complicated for me..) so if anyone who spots some while looking through, could tell me, that'd be appreciated.

-There is a randomness factor in the game, where the swarms of zombies are randomly placed around the map. At any time there are always, I think, 100 normal zombies somewhere on the map. Also the Boss Infected you encounter are spawned at random as well. The Tanks however stay in the same position... hmm. Items drop at random as well.
This game is relatively difficult on your own even with single player cheats (Mostly due to Chargers) which is why i've included 3 elements for testing: Invuln potion, Revive system, 5 characters controlled by Red.

-The Zombies-
I originally planned to make a Boomer and Hunter and Smoker... but those morphed into other .. easier to make things. Although I do intend of making a Pounce and Vomit sometime... sometime.

-Chargers: (based on Hunter) fast moving with no (little?) collision size and a 100% bash chance.
-Infected: (Smoker) cripples targets' movement/attack
-Mutant: (Boomer) raises dead zombies to keep numbers up
-Screamer: (Boomer) attracts zombies in the vicinity
-Stalker: (Hunter) permanently invisible and a slow stunning attack. Can blink.
-Plaguebearer: healer zombie
-Tank: (Tank) is slow moving in constrast but packs a punch.
-Witch: (Witch) none of the map yet... not quite sure how to use/make them.

-The Survivors-
-5 survivors for the sake of more people able to play.
-I actually think its maybe too difficult for Survivors at the moment especially if there are less than 5 people.
-only 3(4) guns... basic machine gun, shotgun, sniper, pistol(that really has no reason to use).
-grenades, molotovs, smoke flares, pills, steroids, antidotes, healing kits, stun rounds, power slugs.
-haven't really done too much to them... Zombies excite me more =)
-open to ideas for equipment/guns, although keep in mind i like it balanced and not make the game too easy

-Conclusion-
This IS my first map project... I realise my triggers may be noobish. I know the terrain isn't some of the fantastic stuff you see that the other forum there. I'm striving for balance in the game. I intend on adding a Versus mode where 3-5 others can play as the Boss Infected. The name and description and loading screen and all that cosmetic stuff is still up for editting...

Anyways, thank you for reading, playing, reviewing. Any feedback is appreciated.

NOTE:
The potion of invulnerability, the fact that all 5 survivors belong to Red and the Revive mechanic are purely for testing convenience... I have yet to figure out what will happen after death...

Attachments

• The Next Apocalypse.w3x
    225.2 KB · Views: 54
Nice idea, I think you will get more people once you post pics and clean up your post a bit. Witches would be pretty easy to make. They spawn as neutral and have a sound attached to them of a women crying, sobbing, or throwing a tantrum(the latter is not recommended). Then make a variable that is the witch's attack time. I haven't played l4d in a while so I don't remember if she attacks you calls more zombies to you or both. But let's assume it's the last one. If you want to spawn witches you must do it in smaller regions so that their zombies can be called, once that is in place simply turn her to the side of whoever the zombies are.

Level 7
Wow l4d map in wc3 :p
I'm surely gonna try this, once it's done :thumbs_up:

I hope you realise that some of those "Boss/special" zombies is also some new ones (L4D2).
For example the charger :p

And Btw you could just make a trigger like:

Start of the map

Order Unit to cast Undead Sleep on Witch

Good luck :D

Level 7
It seems like an okay idea, but personally I would wait 'till Starcraft 2 comes out since it will be easier to make such a map in that.
But as a L4D fan I must say that this could turn out interesting :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.