• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Left 4 Dead Versus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Link to relase

I made another l4d map.
Screenshots attachments
-I made pipe bombs like in orginal
-hordes (after press button, use lift or something)
-Weapons from l4d (with orginal number of bullets in reserve and clip)
-Reloading
-Coctail molotova
-Dialogues
-Boomer puke and explosion lure zombies
-Smoker pull with tongue
-Hunter pouncing
-Witch starting
-Tank punching and throwing stones
-Incapting and helping incaped
-Safe rooms
-Infected spawn system like in l4d
-Sounds
-Final battle
-Other

Attachments

• l1.png
    l1.png
    995.4 KB · Views: 419
  • l2.png
    l2.png
    812.8 KB · Views: 1,944
  • l3.png
    l3.png
    772 KB · Views: 19,999
  • terrain2.png
    terrain2.png
    1 MB · Views: 8,147
  • terrain.png
    terrain.png
    947.8 KB · Views: 8,077
  • terrain3.png
    terrain3.png
    1 MB · Views: 9,002
Last edited:
Level 2
I've tried that map.
It's very fun. You really feel like playing Left 4 Dead versus mode.
But that map need a lot of improvements...
some bugs and sugestions
1.That revieve skill needs some cooldown. 4 guys can easily stay and just resserect each other when there is a horde os zombies attacking them
2.If the first group takes a pipe bomb or molotov cotail the second group will not get it! The same with the bridge.
3. Smoker ability is dometimes bugged. Sometimes he will not continue channeling it if a survivor is too close to him. Also I think you need to reduce cooldown on this ability as it is faster to die and to revive as another smoker :p
4.Zoey and Bill look the same? I hope you will change that marine model on something more sexy (Zombie models too)
5.Sometimes when you need to go somewhere and come back (to push a button) there are no zombies on the way you come back :( only that "player zombies". There should be more zombies. I think there should be more zombies on the map! It's a zombie shooter... GIVE US MORE ZOMBIES!!!

Sorry for my bad english :p
+rep for fun map ;)

Last edited:
Nice to see some more l4d maps around here :)
Im myself a really big fan of l4d and l4d2 and i hope this will be a nice map.
Btw, i think it would be really nice if you took the infected from l4d2 too instead of only the l4d infected units.
And another thing you could do is to use some villager models with skins, instead of the marines. Remember that l4d's storyline is about 4 normal humans that have to survive against the infection.

The terrain could need some improvements. It looks like a poisoned forest and not like l4d maps. I would suggest you to put a dark terrain fog on it and rework the terrain. Give the space around the roads a higher height-level than the road and make some "mountains", cliffs or just bunchs of rocks. Set the time of day to midnight and i think you allready have a ten times better terrain. Then you can start working some more on the details. I wish you good luck with the project and i hope to see a final result ;)

Level 2
Ok tried new version.
I think its a bit hard to play as a survivor I think its better to reduce the damage of special infected. Also I think it's better to reduce the tank's speed a little. And the last I think it's better to reduce the hp of normal zombies but increase their ammount :p
but still very fun map :D

p.s. Ah plz change the model of cars :p

Level 5
Too bad you made it protectet, i really wanna know how you made the smoker tongue. I'm working on a l4d map as well : (. And pipe bombs and how you made the hunter jump!

Smoker tongue is easy to made. Its like:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to tongue shot
  • Actions
  • Set smokerstarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
  • Trigger - Turn on smoker pulling <gen>
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Set point1 = (Position of smokerstarget)
    • Set point2 = (point1 offset by (pullsurv + 10.00) towards (Facing of smokerstarget) degrees)
    • Unit - Move smokerstarget instantly to point2, facing (Position of smoker)
Pipes easy too. Just pick zombies in range every 1 second and order to attack bomb.

Hunter: I use Paladon jumping system

Level 2
Hm... Tank is rly too hard :p with 3 other infected it's rather impossible to kill him :p
I also suggest to add 2-3 medkits/pills at the "stops" between start and saferoom, where we can pick guns again :p
It's rly too hard to win for survivors.
And one more thing...about weapons...If you don't pick up a weapon then you will have just the same dps like submashine gun but still you will have 3 free slots... And i was in hurry becouse i was running from the tank... But i didn't find any difference in damage between submashine gun and assult riflte(may be im wrong)
thats all for now :D

Level 5
Hm... Tank is rly too hard :p with 3 other infected it's rather impossible to kill him :p
I also suggest to add 2-3 medkits/pills at the "stops" between start and saferoom, where we can pick guns again :p
It's rly too hard to win for survivors.
And one more thing...about weapons...If you don't pick up a weapon then you will have just the same dps like submashine gun but still you will have 3 free slots... And i was in hurry becouse i was running from the tank... But i didn't find any difference in damage between submashine gun and assult riflte(may be im wrong)
thats all for now :D
I made easier version. Now i must test then upload. If you don't pick weapon you will have crappy dmgs and slow attack (its like pistol from l4d. I think to add pistol weapon which adds no damage and no speed, just item for explanation). Difference between smg and assault rifle is that, you need three bullets for normal infected but assault only two (more dmg +8)

Level 2
oh ye! forgot 1 bug! When hunter jumps on survivor and KILLS that survivor he will not be controlled by player and will be played by a computer!

Level 2
trigger help?

This is next event wchich not work everytime... I made trigger for that but this do not work

why not make a few triggers that do something like

"ZombieHerox kills a unit"

"Unit type of killed unit is a hero"

"Wait .5 seconds"
"Make owner of ZombieHerox equal to Playerx"​

try having multiple triggers that are like this and for every one just change the value of Playerx and ZombieHerox. although this is assuming you assign the zombie heroes to a variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.