• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Least) Favorite Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion sounds like my ticket :)

Fable put a lot of emphasis on choosing your own path and being open but it did almost the exact opposite, strict path with only one way to go and do the story. The only difference between good and evil were some of the cut scenes but whether or not you did a certain evil task the overall story didn't change.

Level 5
There should have been more diversity in story than making a final decision with two very boring endings. It didn't matter whether you played good or bad you faced the same choice and consequences. If you played a good or bad hero you face the same final story sequence. Killing your sister or not was the only thing that changed the story and both endings are lame.

Level 4
Oblivion was very fun. And the whole free-roaming do what ever you want style is the reason i got it in the first place. I love how you can just kill any random civilian in the funniest and intresting ways possible.

Level 4
Resist Arrest is always the best and most fun option in my opinion. And the good thing about Oblivion is that you can get away with some things and you can steal almost anything you want. The Guild Quests in Oblivion are very entertaining and absorbing, and the magic items are badass.

Level 5
brad.dude03 have you ever played The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask? I think you might like that. I would suggest it also to anyone else who like deep and interesting stories.

I liked Gex on the computer but it was very boring one the 64 and still used the old school password system when they could of just saved the data on the game pack. If a new Gex came out I would check it out. Gex on the computer was awesome.

Level 3
meh, heres mine

-Favorites:-

Total Annhiliation(possibly one of the best rts of all time):infl_thumbs_up:
Age of Mythology(and the expansion)
Age of Empires II & III(including Conquerers and Asian Dynasties)
Warcraft III(Frozen Throne too)
Starcraft(also the expansion)
Supreme Commander(dont have the expansion yet sadly)
Company of Heroes
Half Life 2: Deathmatch
Half Life 2(nice storyline)
Counter Strike: Source
Day of Defeat: Source
Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare
Bioshock
Diablo and Diablo II
Heroes of Might and Magic I,III, & V
Claw(that one with the cat dude, its classic)
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

-Hated games:-

Doom 3(one of the most dissapointing pieces of crap ever, the graphic is ballz, everything looks like shit)
Total Annihilation:Kingdoms(what a let down, this is why Cavedog died)
Age of Wonders II(and shadow magic)
Heroes of Might and Magic II(archers are too dam rigged)
Heroes of Might and Magic IV(ugh dont even talk to me about this one)

-My Worst-

Silver Surfer(...way, WAY TOO DAMN HARD, dont believe me? Go look it up on Angry Video Game Nerd)

Last edited:
Level 36
Silver Surfer was bad. Monster Madness was also disappointing. It was supposed to be the fully-3D full-of-win followup to the best SNES game of all time, Zombies Ate My Neighbours, but it was also a huge letdown. It's not as bad as Gamespot makes it out to be (5 out 10 BS) but it certainly wasn't what I was hoping for.

Level 5
You can't trust Gamespot reviews. I also find the Gametrailer reviews are one of the fairest and interesting. You also can watch them instead of reading :D

I absolutely love Majora's Mask, to me it is a masterpiece when it comes to character depth and development. I'm really hoping for a sequel.

Level 8
Best -
  • Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
  • All VALVE games excluding Ricochet and Half-Life 2 DM (i own all valve games BTW)
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
  • Final Fantasy X
  • All the paper mario games
  • Mario 64
  • Mortal Kombat Armageddon
  • Soul Caliber 2 and 3
  • Soul Caliber Legends
  • Mario RPG
  • Guitar Hero II
  • Guitar Hero III
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl (i can love a game before its released right?)
Worst - (too many to list so here is the worst of the worst)
  • Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (i am like the only person who hates this game...)
  • All Rampage games after Rampage Universal Tour
  • Dreamfall
  • Resident Evil 4 (for the wii)
  • Doom 3
  • Final Fantasy 3 or 4 (cant remember which one)
  • Rock Band (crazy difficulty curve(losing on easy songs, PWNING expert songs, realistic but annoying))

Level 3
BEST:
DOOM 1,2 [pc]
BLACK [ps2]
Scarface [ps2]
The Godfather [ps2]
WarCraft III [pc]

WORST:
Halo... (sry, but i hate those)
basicly all "Colin McRae" games
Need For Speed (underground, mostwanted and carbon) (not sure about Pro street)

I recognized that many people here are only talking about newer games. For example no one mentioned a part of NFS that was released before Underground. Why not? In my opinion the best NFS-game was NFS High Stakes (1999). Maybe underground was good, but everything that was released after it was crap. No new features. Many people think that the police in Most Wanted was something new, but even Hot Pursuit (1998) had police cars. Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed (2000) was the last NFS that made me feel like driving a car. The cars' handling in the newer ones is like... it's totally crap. Don't you know those old much better games or do you really prefer those ones, where you can tune up crappy cars like VW Golf and Toyota Corolla?
One of my favourite racing games (exept from Mario Kart of course :grin: ) was PGR-Racing. It was great, nice graphics and a great handling compared to tons of cars.
All of you who haven't played some of the old games I mentioned above should really look for them and play them ones. Even today, in the era of UT3 and CnC3, they're pretty good.

-greetings, Pajam

...Updating my list...

Most loved (or most enjoyable):
Duck Tales (NES)
Metroid (NES)
Super Mario series (I still need to play Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy)
All Parodius games
Warcraft III & TFT (though I hate melee games and DotA AllStars)
M.U.G.E.N.
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64
Metal Slug games (HELL YEAH!!!)
Zelda series (though I don't like Adventures of Link, Majoras Mask or these failed Philips CD-i Zelda games. Haven't played Four Swords, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess or Phantom Hourglass)
Battletoads & Double Dragon (SNES)
Battletoads (Arcade)
Vampire Saviour (one of the Darkstalkers series)
Crash Bandicoot games (have only played 1, 2, 3)
Crash Team Racing
Crash Bash (aka Crash Bandicoot Carnival in Japanese regions)
Golden Axe
Pong (just for classic sake)
Dungeon Keeper 2 (it's good to be evil, though DK1 sucks)
Fable: The Lost Chapter (PC)
Overlord (PC)
Quake III Arena (PC, other ports sucks)
Maniac Mansion 2: Day of the Tentacle
Teenage Mutant Ninja/Hero Turtles series ('80-'90 series, 2000 series fail)
Worms Armageddon (though other Worms games are good too, but not as good as WA)
Final Fantasy 9
Asterix (NES)
Smurfs (NES)
Paperboy (NES, I'm not fond of the other ports)

I want to play the Elder Scrolls games, but I need an external harddrive for my laptop becuase the built-in is almost full.

Most hated:
Alisia Dragoon, but it has cool story and awesome music.
All Mega Man & Mega Man X games. Bosses are kinda imbalanced and too fast. The Sega Game Gear version is ok though.
Europa Universalis games. Couldn't understand a shit of the commands and strategies.
Elite. Couldn't understand a shit of the game at all.
Haunted Castle (Arcade). Hardest Castlevania game ever. Hard to control the character, enemies are too strong, game over in first death and too low amount of continues. But the music kicks ass.
Sailor Moon Super S Fighting games. (Street Fighter-like) AI can kick your butt easily while you can't, even if you damage them.
Super Mario Bros. Special (weird SMB version for NEC-PC). No horizontal scrolling, horrible graphics, annoying game control, ear bleeding music, stupid sounds and hard as hell.
Leasiure Suit Larry games.
All ZX Spectrum games/ports. Looking at the horrible graphics are good enough for me to hate them)

Last edited:
Level 36
In response:

Half Life 2 DM is amazing. Hands down. It's multiplayer HL2 at its best, and gravity-gunning a toilet at someone is physics at its finest.

I enjoyed Dreamfall, though I will admit that it was too short.

The best Need for Speed game to date is Hot Pursuit 2, it was new enough to have modern graphics and realistic physics, but still have supercars, cops, all that good stuff. It was the last real Need for Speed game before the Underground series started and changed NFS massively.

Also, Forza is the best racing game I've ever played. PGR is too arcade, offers no customization, while Forza allows you to customize real cars, and is the most realistic driving game available. Even better than Grand Turismo.

Resident Evil4 on the Wii was godly, what's better than shooting up a bunch of Spanish zombie-infected villagers? "Las plaguos!" indeed.

Doom 3... well come on now, it was great. Sure, it was a big step, but it was a big step in the right direction. They would have screwed it up if they did it any other way.

Level 17
[/LIST]Worst - (too many to list so here is the worst of the worst)
  • Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (i am like the only person who hates this game...)
  • Dreamfall
  • Doom 3
  • Rock Band (crazy difficulty curve(losing on easy songs, PWNING expert songs, realistic but annoying))

You don't like a game because it's hard and you can't play properly? I find that hilariously lame -.-'

Were you scared of doom 3 or was it just to easy? I found it to easy.

Level 5
Best -
  • Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
  • All VALVE games excluding Ricochet and Half-Life 2 DM (i own all valve games BTW)
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
  • Final Fantasy X
  • All the paper mario games
  • Mario 64
  • Mortal Kombat Armageddon
  • Soul Caliber 2 and 3
  • Soul Caliber Legends
  • Mario RPG
  • Guitar Hero II
  • Guitar Hero III
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl (i can love a game before its released right?)
Worst - (too many to list so here is the worst of the worst)
  • Dreamfall
  • Doom 3
I love Majora's Mask to, Twilight Princess isn't the worse game ever in my opinion but it was pretty bad.

Level 7
FAVS
Icewind Dale II - Isair rules.
Neverwinter Night I + Expansions (Premium modules excluded) - Monk/Assassin/Shadowdancer rules
WCIII + TFT - Lok Thar, mon.
Fallout Tactics : The Brotherhood of Steel - Perks rule.
Unreal Tournament 2004 - Rocket Launcher rules.
Diablo 2 + LOD - Tyrael rules.
Hellgate : London - Guardian + Sluggoth rules. =x=
Jedi Knights II : Jedi Outcast - Kyle rules =x=
BF : Vietnam - Vietnamese with M60 rules =w=
Heroes of Might and Magic IV & V - Order rules =w=
Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun + FS - KANE LIVES!
Command and Conquer 3 - KANE RULES! OOORAH!
Command and Conquer: RA 2 Yuri's Revenge - Die you traitor dog.
Hitman : Blood Money - All ye targets are belong to 47.
Phantom Brave - My angry Fighters rule.
God of War I & II - *roar*ZEEEEEUUS!
Runescape - I miss my level 47 versatille hero T_T

HATES
BLACK - What it takes to kill a guy wearing heavy armor and wielding a shotgun? A whole AK47 clips? WTF.
Counterstrike (Pre-SOURCE) - Look, bunches of n00bs out there.
BF 2142 - Watchout for EMPs. Ouch.
RAN Online - Gangsters? TASTE TEH WRATH OF KHAZ MODAN.
Maple Story - Get a life, mon.
O2Jam - Get a girlfriend, mon.
Any DBZ game - Fight, fight, fight. Is that all you do?
HALO series - I'm sick of ye fanboys.

P.S Sorry for such a long listing =w=

Level 36
Because it's awesome, and the sight built into the top of the gun can technically act as a minimal zoom, which is why it's only 2X.

Basically, the zoom on the pistol is like you squinting and aiming using the sight on a rifle, except it's masterchief, so that when he squints and aims, his vision increases by double.

I also think they just wanted to make the pistol more imba :p

Level 11
oh hell yeah, but not for "nadin' noobs", more experience players used duel pistols.

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom hearts 1,2
God of War 1,2
Gears of War
Halo 1,2,3
Iron Man
Mortal Combat:Sub Zeros Revenge
Super smash bros. both
Mechwarrior, first xbox game
Lair
Soul Calibur 2,3
Devil may Cry 1,2,3
WoW
Flyff
Gunbound
WC3 TFT
Age of empires 2
Call of Duty 1,2,3,4
Motor Storm

Shit games
enchanted arms
runescape
freakstyle
n64/game cube/ wii mario games
most game cube games
tomb raider games
flight simulator games
uru ages beyond myst
prison tycoon
catechumen
ratchet and clank games
conquer online

Last edited:
Level 36
HELLS NO. The pistol SUCKED in Halo 2 compared to its original. The damage took a massive hit, loss of scope, etc. You could dual wield it, but it didn't make up for it. And pros use grenades to great effect. If you've ever watched a pro play, they constantly use plasma and frag grenades to devastate large numbers of enemies.

And what do you have against the Tomb Raider and Ratchet and Clank games? Both series were excellent, new and old.

Level 11
nice MIB quote

online noobs are the ones who just keep chuckin the nades midlessly, campaign yeah use nades a good way, online also. But anyone whos played halo online more than a few times know of the nadin' noobs, i mean they never win the games, they just make them extremly annoying.

Ratchet and clank is just not for me, something about it i don't like, hard to explain ya know.
Tomb Raider is just a horrible indiana jones rip off, with angelina jolie's twin, with a nicer ass and nicer breasts. Engines are usually pretty laggy and games usually are also full of glitches.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Best
FF 7 and the one with tidus
Vampires the Masquarade Bloodlines
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 don´t like the expansions for both
Unreal Tournament 2003 i think (2007 sux)
Farcry,Duke Nukem,Medal of Honor,Half Life, Doom 2, Soldier of fortune 1
Dawn of War *All*
Wc3 & Diablo
Heroes 1,2,3 and 5
Fallout 1,2 fables the lost chapter
Age of Mythology
Clive Barkers undying,Medal of Honor
Resident Evil,Silent hill,Ufo enemy Unknown
Larry,Gabriel knight 1,2,3.....

and the list goes on

Worst Games
Loki,soldier of fortune payback
Age of Wonders,Dawn of Magic
Age of Empires 3,Summoner,Heroes 4

Woot can´t seem to remember anyother worst games, i should know a ton of them since i grew up around computer games mainly wc1 and wc2 games.

Damned i even remember when we had wc1 and we were so excited when we just bought sound blaster. Omg sound!!!

I´m so old!

Level 7
Best (in order)
DOOM (Ultimate+Final)
DOOM II
Star Wars: Clone Campaigns <---Only good Star Wars game I ever played
GTA: San Andreas
Sim City 4 2000
Call of Duty 3+4
Wii Sports (I find Tennis addictive).
House of the Dead
Halo 3

Worst:
Almost every other Star Wars game (other then one I listed above)
Halo 1 :eek:

Level 36
Dude, Clone Campaigns is TERRIBLE. It's a clone (no pun intended) of Ages of Empires. It could be a total conversion mod because it sucks so bad. Iy's one of the worst Star Wars games ever made.

The best:
Star Wars Dark Forces and Dark Forces II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Knights of the Old Republic, it's sequel, The Sith Lords
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
Lego Star Wars 1 and 2
Star Wars Battlefront
Republic Commando (Kicks ass)
Rogue Squadron 64 (A Classic)
Shados of the Empire (Another classic)
Jedi Power Battles (One of the best PSX games i've ever played)
Star Wars Galaxies (It used to be good before the devs ruined it by completely changing the game).

There are tons of good Star Wars games, as you can see. There are plenty of bad ones (Obi Wan, Naboo, Phantom Menace, Clone Wars, Revenge of the Sith, etc, Star Wars Galaxies now).

I also don't agree with you on your choice of listing Halo 1 as one of the worst games you've ever played. It was far better than Halo 2, and the campaign was phenominal. I really don't see why it's one of the worst games, you may not have liked it very much, but it can't be the worst game you've ever played.

Level 7
I also don't agree with you on your choice of listing Halo 1 as one of the worst games you've ever played. It was far better than Halo 2, and the campaign was phenominal. I really don't see why it's one of the worst games, you may not have liked it very much, but it can't be the worst game you've ever played.

I'm not much of a big Halo fan, I find it isn't very diffrent then other shooting games; you run around with your weapon(s) killing various monsters, drive vehicles, etc. I find that in alot of other shooters. Though in my opinion it is one of my least favorite games. And also it is my opinion. Some guy may like ham, but I like turkey better.

Level 11
yeah i played halo's demo a thousand times cause game didn't come out yet and me and friend just kept fuckin around so fun so fun, love that island

well duh there is good and bad star wars games, they make so god damn many they gotta have games on both sides.

Level 1
Some of the best SW games if you really wanna know guys:

Knights of the Old Republic Series
Star Wars Battlefront Series
Jedi Knight Series
Lego Star Wars (Series)
Star Wars Battlefront (yes, it's also a series)

Mostly what brad said but with a liiittle thing:

X-Wing, etc... was pretty good in its hey-day
Starfighters was good as well (on platform at least, 'cuz I played it at a friends house).

Level 7
Here's my re-do list (lol)

Best
- Crysis
- DOOM Final + Ultimate
- DOOM II
- GTA: San Andreas
- Sim City 4 2000
- Call of Duty 3+4
- Wii Sports (Tennis)
- House of the Dead 2

OKAY
- SSBM
- SMS (Super Mario Sunshine)
- Halo 3
- Quest
- SW: Clone Campaigns
- Halo 1

Hated
- Halo 2
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- RuneScape

Knights of the Old Republic Series
Star Wars Battlefront Series
Jedi Knight Series
Lego Star Wars (Series)
Star Wars Battlefront (yes, it's also a series)

I really don't know about KOTOR, not exactly a very good one in my opinion.
And there's two diffrent Battlefront Series :eekani::confused::huh:

Level 1
Favorite games (all)

Well, just list your favorite games... Mine are (in no particular order):

Warcraft III
Heroes of Might and Magic III & IV
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Disciples 2
Stronghold 2
Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim
Freelancer

*Note* As I'm in the process of mega-updating my PC or getting a new one, I really can't play newer games so that takes off some that are hard on 256 thing (no, not the hard-drive, I'm just having to update my graphics card + my processor).

Last edited:
Level 17
1. Bioshock - Absloutly amazing, if you dont have this, get it, RIGHT NOW. If your PC is too behind on power get it for the 360, it still looks great, and if you dont have either, get a 360 (Its a cheaper option) Just for Bioshock (And a few other games)
2. Gears of War - Marines with bulky armor and Chainsaw rifles, 'nough said.
3. The Orange Box - Half-life 2, Episode one, Episode two, Portal and TF2? Yes please.
4. Halo 3 - I dont care what the stereotype is, this is a great game, with a great plot but it was over-hyped and ruined by fandom. The amount of 9 year olds really brings it down, but its a great game.
5. Assasains Creed - The missions get very repetative, but the platforming ALONE is worth it. Jumping across rooftops and climbing tall buildings is great. And the main assasination missions are fun to play out (If you dont just brawl through the whole thing)
6. Warcraft III (+ TFT) - The campaign is stupid, the gameplay is horrible, and the plot is absloutly terrible (Oooo, demons taking over the world YOUR SO ORIGINAL BLIZZARD OMFG). Warcraft III's saving grace is its moddibility and Battle.net, which keep me coming back for more.
7. Mass Effect - It gets boring after a while... but it lasts a while.. eh, its a pretty good KOTOR attempt with live action.
8. KOTOR - This used to be on the top of the list, but lets face it, its out dated, Mass Effect is much more superior (Because its newer). And i dont play it much, if at all anymore. But the many hours i played with it deserve atleast a bottom rank.

There you have it.

Level 2
Call of Duty 4- I like the storyline and its xbox live, Great Graphics

Assassin's Creed- Great Graphics, Killing is fun without much hassle.

World of Warcraft- Muliplayer with a group system, good abilities for all classes. gets better after the beginning levels

Warcraft 3- Custom games
etc.

Level 5
1. Battlefield 2
2. Battlefield 1942
3. Battlefield 2142
4. Resistance: Fall of Man
5. TES: Oblivion
( i didn't add WC3 because obviously its one of my favs )

Level 26
1. Obviously, Deus Ex and its sequel is number one on my list. Proclaiming its superiority is totally worth getting -repped for.
2. Ever 17: The out of Infinity. It's a Japanese visual novel (mind you, there's no hentai in it). While only half game and half story, it has one of the most brilliant storylines I have ever had the fortune of encountering. If not for the utter lack of gameplay, this game totally would have surpassed Deus Ex.
3. Starcraft. Most addictive game I have ever played in my life. Sure, Warcraft 3 was definitely a step up, but Starcraft was the first.
4. Paper Mario. No comment.
5. SSBM. For me, that game is ageless.
6. Fatal Frame. Imagine you are playing a horror game. Now imagine it is actually scary.
7. FEAR. Same as above, but slightly less scary, but gameplay makes up for it.
8. CoD2. I've heard 4 was badass (I've never played it before), but this one is just addictive.
9. Tales of Symphonia
Lloyd: Here, it's hot coffee.
Colette: Thanks.
Lloyd: Hot isn't it?
Colette: Yeah... really hot.
Lloyd: It's actually iced coffee.
Colette: What?
Lloyd: I had Genis make it cold.
Colette: Oh...yeah, of course it's cold.
Lloyd: I lied. It's actually hot.
10. Halo, I guess.

Last edited:
Level 2
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (Too bad they won't make a IV)
World of Warcraft (WOTLK is gonna pwn)
Resident Evil 4 (Still waiting for 5)
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (Can't wait till 4 comes out)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Brawl owns)
City of Heroes/Villains (Damn my friend for getting me hooked on this game)
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (I love this game, ttfaf is a &$#%ing fun song on expert, even though i can only complete it on hard)

Status
Not open for further replies.