• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Least) Favorite Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Sorry, I'm bad at lingo.
Besides, W and T are like three spaces apart. How did you confuse them?

Level 6
Not completly understandable, i once mixed up "get" with "sing" i hinestly have no clue how i mixed those words up. it happened in wow, i said "lemme get on vent" or atleast thats what i wanted to say but it came out like this "kemme sing ont o vent" how did that happen? i sometimes dont understand my mix ups with words.

The more zombies; the more like the games, but i also like these games.

Best:
Dawn of War (Also II when it gets out)
Warcraft III
Starwars Battlefront II
Starcraft I (And II when it gets out)
D&D (Not computer)
Neverwinter Night I and II
Resident Evil (All of Them)
Oblivion
Heroes III
Magic the gathering (Also on computer)

I hate:
All naruto games
Actually i also don't like wow either

Level 14
Hmm best is hard. Worst is easy.
I never liked resident evil, but I can't say it's the worst. I never really played any Final Fantasy's. The console game I play the most is Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, but I haven't played a console game in about a year. I didn't feel like bringing anything to college (university for you Europeans who don't understand what that means, or think that it means high school).
I'd say best is Halo.
Worst is definitely any game associated with LotR. I love LotR, and every game has failed to meet my expectations. Maybe they're too high or whatever, but still, they are NOT good. Especially LotR: War of the Ring. That crappy ass wanna-be RTS computer game.

Level 4
best are: the legend of zelda series(all of them)
warcraft series(exept WoW)
FPS games(perfect dark, timesplitters, CoD4,...)

worst are:Sport games
Race games
and some boring RPG s games(exept final fantasy and others....)

Level 4
favourite games? easy:
adventure: zelda, mario and...others
action/fps: timesplitters, CoD4, perfect dark and...others
strategy: WARCRAFT!!!(of course), age of empires, medieval 2 total war and...others
and...others i can t remember right now but i know i have already played other great games
just can t remember right now...lol what do u think hum? NO XBOX in this post!!!

Level 4
Best :
-Jade Empire(PC)
-Oblivion
-Monkey Island(It was like the best quest of its time)
-the Longest Journey(4 real i don't know if anybody likes adventure/quest type games anymore)
-9Dragons
-Star Wars Battlefront 2
-warcraft 3
-naruto games
-Star Wars Jedi Academy

Worst:
-sport games
-counter strike
-half-life1
-harry potter series

Level 36
WOW. You put friggen NARUTO games in the BEST section, and Half Life and CS in the worst? Are you high or something? Maybe you mixed up the categories. There is no way IN HELL that Half Life and CS are among the worst games ever made, soo, gtfo.

And I can sort of see why all of the nerds here hate racing games and sports games, since they'll never do either....

Level 14
The last racing game I played was cruisin' USA for the Nintendo 64. I loved that game :)
But I suppose that some people wouldn't like them because they get repetitive, but so do most games so that really isn't a valid reason.
I don't play sports games cause if I wanted to play sports I would just do the real fucking thing and not have some computer generated experience.

Level 4
Man i hate sports and like raceing games flatout 2,carbon.... and by the way have you ever haerd of playing a game till your sick of it (CS,half-life) ,and look i do all kinds of sports but the games out here are soo popular like fifa, when i played it i felt disappointed and i don't care for it so i consider a nerd the one who playes all the time sport games on the pc but dosen't play them for real.

Level 36
Uhuh. Learn English, while you're at it, not playing sports.

And I find racing games rediculously entertaining, but maybe it's because I love cars. I dunno. And sports games are fun because I can't just step out my front door and go play in an NHL hockey game with my favourite team.

Level 14
Certain sports games are fun. Like NHL, and sometimes Football. Whereas other sports are not fun to watch, let alone play. Like Baseball, every baseball game has sucked and failed. Every Soccer game I've seen has sucked and failed.

Level 26
Sports games are fun because they're nothing like what you do outside.

And racing, well, that's just boring as shit to me. Except Mario Kart. That game's pretty tight.

In other news, when I played Guitar Hero in Best Buy the other day, I came to realize how much I suck at coordinating both hands at the same time.

Level 14
Mario Kart is the single most amazing racing game ever, for any system.

For my thoughts on Guitar Hero, check my photo album.

Level 26
For my thoughts on Guitar Hero, check my photo album.
rock_band.png

Level 14
I've never played Rock Band, too poor to afford it. College is surprisingly money draining.

I generally don't like people who think that they're awesome at guitar because of guitar hero because I play guitar and I know how ridiculously hard it is.

EDIT: Took too long to respond :(
I never said they weren't fun, just that some people think they're amazing at guitar because of those games.

Level 14
Tell that to Tod Machover, one of the nerds who created Hyperstrings, and thus Guitar Hero.

Damn college music courses for the past year finally paid off!

Not to say that Hyperstrings/instruments are bad for people who can't play instruments (ie the guy with cerebral palsy). It just gets rid of all technique and effort from music, which is what music is.

Anyway.. that was off-topic.. I love Mario Kart 64 :)

Last edited:
Level 26
Guitar Hero is fun because it makes you think you can play guitar. The majority of people aren't going to be Slash. Doesn't hurt to dream. That's just the great thing about rhythm games. Stepping on 4 different directional panels isn't the same thing as going to a club, but you can feel yourself experiencing the music in a new way.

Level 24
I myself enjoy all manner of games. My favourites are SSB series, Tales series, Castlevania series, Metroid series, MMZ series, MMBN series, Zelda series, games like Gradius, Sonic series, Pokémon series, Golden Sun 1&2. Drill Dozer was fun, Sonic Battle, Yggdra Union, lots of them. What I've played of the Summon Night series is also great.

Not to say that Hyperstrings/instruments are bad for people who can't play instruments (ie the guy with cerebral palsy). It just gets rid of all technique and effort from music, which is what music is.

Well no, technique and effort and real instruments will always sound better than the same sound being imitated by a synthesizer, or something from a computer. Not that synthesizers and electronics don't have their own sounds that can be great, but it isn't the same from something fake as from something real.

DDR gives me something that going to a club never can.

The knowledge that you have contributed to Japan's wealth and therefore its control over the popular culture of the entire preteen female world?

Level 36
That's the most retarded statement I've ever heard in my life. Diamond is clearly the worst of all the Pokemon games so far, and all of them are just rubbish in comparison to the amazing work that is Half-Life.

I mean, hey, you may LIKE Diamond more, sure, fine, you can have an opinion. But you CANNOT deny that Half-Life is one of the greatest FPS games ever made.

Level 2
hmmm ive never played half life but i think its like unreal tournament right? anyway
BEST GAME EVUR: ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION
'NUFF SAID!!

Level 9
mr brad i was kidding about pokemon i hate EVERY pokemon game available...and yes oblivion was kick ass...when it first came out, i dont like to much now, but actually i just took a break from playing it like 5 mins...i finally got full glass armor!! yay!

Level 7
In No Order:

Jade Empire - I don't know why but I fell in love with this game. I've beaten it four times over, and got halfway through it once. It's just purely awesome, despite the lame ending.

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes - I bought the Gamecube remake, and it was a great game. Me and friend each had copies and we would play it and then talk about it, it was just one of those games that you really get into.

Warcraft 3/TFT - I've loved this game since it came ou t (playing it on and off, with the occasionaly year long break). I really only started modding it about a year ago, and I love it.

WoW - Not so much anymore, and maybe it was because I was young when I started playing it, but when I did it astounded me. I began as a dwarf (that's what my main is FYI) and the world just had this feeling to it that made it so attractive and fun to play. When I started it out the game was more of an experience than anything else. Slowly, as I've entered 'end game' I've become desensitized by it, but it always gets me when I get to explore a new area. Hell, I could go on for a month about this so.... yeah.

Oblivion - Ah, oblivion. What wasted potential. It did so many things right, yet so many things wrong. It's on my favorites not so much for what it is but for what it could be. They did so many things right and so well. The storytelling, the combat, the item system, the arena, the atmosphere. But there were these little things that always bugged me (HUGE lack of outdoor gameplay, about 5 voice actors, pretty pathetic AI, and no boss fights).

Status
Not open for further replies.