• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Large GUI Spellpack

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello folks :) This is my first GUI spell pack (37 spells). Enjoy, comment and rate please!

I would also like to see this resource approved soon, as I recreated almost every trigger. If I'm right, the spells shouldn't leak at all now.

Below you find Changes & spell descriptions. Thanks... :)

VERSION 1.3 Changes:
- Added Triggered Ability: Group Invisibility
- Added Triggered Ability: Stealth Tactic
- Added Triggered Ability: Lifebloom (thx to Kazuga)
- New screenshot

VERSION 1.4 Changes:
- I recreated almost every trigger
- Many new spells: empower, rootcraft, ghost, lava bolt, return blink, seek lightning, orb of water
- New terrain
- Spawn commands
- Removed ability: Path of Fire
- New screenshot
EDIT - Removed all wait actions

TRIGGERED SPELLS:

---------------------------

Ghost
Upon death you will release your soul, giving you the opportunity to show your enemies how much you love them.... The ghost has the ability possession, which allows it to enter a creep.

Empower
The Destroyer sends out a howl, stealing 10% attack damage from every nearby enemy unit. Lasts 10 seconds.

Orb of Water
Sends a great orb of water to the target point. During its short lifetime, it will send away bolts of water to nearby enemy units, dealing damage.

Return Blink
The Warden teleports to a target point. After 3x level seconds the warden is teleported back to its first position.

Rootcraft
While active, the Ent will every second root nearby enemy units, causing them to be bound to the ground for 1 second.

Seek Lightning
The Warden hurls a bolt of lightning at a target enemy unit dealing damage. During 10 seconds, the lightning will every 0.5 second move to other nearby enemy units.

Lava Bolt
Hurls a lava bolt at a target area, dealing intelligence damage to all units within it. After the impact, the bolt will spread out on the ground and deal damage per second to enemy units standing in it.

Group Invisibility
Turns all nearby friendly units invisible for a short period. Lasts 20 seconds.

Stealth Tactic
The skeletal hunter enters stealth every 5 second, allowing him to combat his enemies in a different way. Lasts 20 seconds.

Lifebloom
Heals the target for "x" hp over 10 seconds. When Lifebloom completes its duration, the target will be healed for additional hit points.

Circle of Teleportation
Creates a circle of teleportation in front of the Zealot. When placed the Zealot can teleport to it, at any time and any place. The circle lasts until destroyed or until the Zealot creates a new one.

Dark Mend
Friendly units affected by Dark Mend will be healed hit points over time, and enemy units will be damaged over time. 140 AOE, lasts 8 seconds.

Divine Pressence
An aura that gives nearby friendly units a 100% chance when casting a spell, to regenerate hp equal to their "intelligence".

Fire Trap
Summons a trap that activates when an enemy unit approaches. The trap will cause all enemy units within 250 range, to burn damage per second. Burn lasts 6 seconds.
2 traps at the same time maximum.

Healing Source
You buff a target unit with healing essences which will heal all nearby friendly units for hit points every 2 second. Lasts 6 seconds (3 AOE heals), Small AOE.

Improve Life Drain
Adds a stun effect to the Drain Life ability. Stun duration increases every level.

Inner Wisdom
Gives Sin a chance to restore mana on an attack.

Mind Rot
The High Priest afflicts an enemy unit with a Mind Rot, which will cause the unit to loose mana per second. And if the afflicted unit casts a spell, will it become stunned for 2.5 seconds. Lasts 4 seconds.

Pressence
Attacks of the Zealot has a chance to heal nearby friendly units.

Psychic Embrace
While active it causes all nearby friendly units to be healed for "x" hit points everytime the Zealot receives an attack from an enemy unit. This affects the Zealot aswell. Lasts 7 seconds.

Pure Light
A holy light that heals a target friendly living unit for "x"% hit points. Can't be cast on self.

Siphon Life
Afflicts an enemy unit with siphon life which drains hp per second and gives the drained points to the Warlock. Lasts 10 seconds. (No channel, works like the WoW ability ^^)

Spider Trap
Summons a trap that activates when an enemy unit approaches. The trap will release spiders to attack your enemies.
7 traps at the same time maximum.

Storm Rune
Strikes an area with lightning that will slow and deal 120 instant damage to nearby enemy units. Slow affects both movement and attack speed by 65% for 4 seconds.

Twice
Gives Deadeye a chance when casting Rune Arrow to cast it twice.

Combo
The Combo Spirit uses all his magics at the same time. With other words will he throw a shadow bolt, a fire bolt and a frost bolt. The effect of each bolt depends on the level of each "magic". Level 0 of a magic = Level 1.

Explosion
Creates a water explosion at target area that will slow nearby enemy units. Slow effect lasts 3 seconds.

Fire Archer
Gives a chance on an attack to instantly shoot a fire arrow that deals 40 damage per second for 4 seconds.

Ice Archer
Gives a chance on an attack to instantly shoot an ice arrow that slows the unit's movement speed by 35% for 3 seconds.

Frost Circle
Creates an ice-explosion effect at target point. This explosion will cause frost bolts to be hurled to nearby enemy units and deal 300 damage.

Ice Fall
Calls down 5 waves of freezing ice shards that damage units in a target area. (no channel)

Mass Freeze
Freezes enemy units around a target enemy unit with cold, cold ice that will prevent them from moving. Frozen units will also take damage per second.

Multishot
The archer fires away 1 arrow for each enemy unit within the area of effect. Deals damage.

Nature Shield
A shield of nature that will entangle attacking enemy melee units. The shield will also increase the armor of the Ent by 5. Lasts 10 seconds.

Sleep
Puts a target unit into sleep. While asleep a unit turns invulnerable, and regenerates 60 hp per second. Duration increases every level.

Tide Flow
Hurls every 2 second a stream of water that deals 50 damage and stuns the targeted enemy unit for 1 second. Effect lasts 10 seconds (5 streams of water).

Water Core
Gives a chance to attack faster for 3 seconds, on an attack.

Keywords:
Spellpack, spells, fire, water, ent, archer, ability, abilities, affliction, gui, frost, archer, magic, nature, destruction, heal, trap, aoe, pack, la
Contents

Dekku's Spellpack v.1.4 (Map)

Reviews
15:38, 19th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: Review for Spell Most of the spells are extremely simple, like 5 lines long and most of them are variable settings and clearings. I mean you even have a 1 line spell. Furthermore a good portion of...

M

15:38, 19th Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

Review for Spell

Most of the spells are extremely simple, like 5 lines long and most
of them are variable settings and clearings. I mean you even have a
1 line spell.
Furthermore a good portion of these spells are not even MPI.

I'm sure there are many more problems with these spells, but from
a quick glance this is what I saw and already it isn't approvable.

Status

Feel free to message me here if you have any issues with
my review or if you have updated your resource and want it reviewed again.

Rejected

Level 4
Some of the spells you made doesnt use triggers can you please remove them to cause less confusion. Like that druid hero and brilliance/endurance aura and so forth and also put a lower cooldown on the abilities i had to wait 90 seconds before i could use one of the abilities. You can put a trigger when a unit skips a cinematic, actions- reset cooldowns.

Level 4
first of all, you have a good feel on spell ideas. but some of thse spells doesnt use triggers. for the non-trigger ones you might want to add some special abilities into it, it will become more interesting. (This is a very good map for people who is just started to understand GUI) 5/5 for idea 3.5/5 for abilities. over all i'll give it a 4/5 good job.

Level 11
Really interesting spells, maybe not all of them unique and difficult to create, but I can't remember existing all of them on Hiveworkshop. It seems they are not leakful or laggy, and most of them also MUI. The main thing I'd like to point out about your job, is that there A LOT OF interesting and creative spells, not two or three, so it's a big plus from me. I'll rate your spellpack 5/5.

And by the way, I have question: Why there is a "Wait 0 seconds" action in triggers "Water Explosion", "Pressence" and "Psychic Embrace"? ;o) Any animation, that you create, will be played fully in any way, and Wait 0 = Wait 0 in any way... >.<

Level 11
I think you should wait not for our comments, but for moderator's view. There is no doubt, it'll be approved, and I also can't understand in which order do they check spells. =)

And by the way: I'd like to see more! =)

Level 1
Nice, but Water Core dont increase in procent it is just level one that do.
Any way good spells :)

Level 5
Thanks for your comments :p I'm glad its helpfull.

This resource is pretty old now, and I have decided to update it!

-Recreate triggers for better performance
-New triggered spells. Expect more advanced ones!

So keep your eyes open! ^^ I'm very soon done!

Last edited:

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Well Some spells are not MUI ...

Don't use Waits ... they make your spell seems impossible to be MUI ..

But overall .. your spells are instant cast .. and lovely ..

The favourite hero was .. the archer .. Ice arrow fire arrow .. and glaive thing..

But they are simple and lovely .. but some of them are not MUI..

You should fix that. ..

3/5 :D

Level 15
First, lets address somethings.
For mass freeze, please move the custom scripts outside the Unit Group. Not sure if it bugs, but it would be best if you remove pointless variable nulling.
Ghost needs leaks removed.
Siphon Life needs to be MUI. I suggest you add the casting units into a Group and use a wait action (hate waits, but you could also try giving a buff to the unit and checking if it still has the buff) do the healing part to all units in the group. Possibly more effective+MUI
Apply the Unit Group Technique for Rootcraft too.

I'll look through the rest later.
If you are confused about how to apply the Unit Group MUI trick, look at my spellpack. It uses this many times.
A good spellpack. Although the spells are somewhat simple, they are really useful.

PS: Get an in-game Screenshot of some of the spells.

Level 17
Well Zack, the easier way to make MUI spells now is using hash-tables... (although I don't use that method :p)

About the pack, well I don't see much originality, yet there definitely is creativity. However, to me it seems lacking. Also, it's very crowded. Check the Simple Spell Pack on the first page of the Spells section to see a neatly done test map.

Also I see you're using like several exactly alike dummies for different spells, simply use ONE shared dummy :p

There is no in-game screenshot or documentation on how to import...

And well, what all already said about MUIness applies.

Yet, amazing job! Yet try working on more impressive ideas. I'm not saying complex - the simpler the nicer - but something that makes the user go like: WOW!

Level 1
I like your spell pack (5/5) and even use some of this spell to my map but I found something wrong to. Troll Trapper Dummy alway use rank 1 of spell Fire Trap (Dummy) even if hero have Rank 3 of abillity Fire Trap its making 15 dmg per second.