1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaulish Spellpack V1.00 [GUI] [MUI]

Submitted by redscores
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Multishot: Shoots 1+(level of the ability "Multishot") arrows forwards and deals 50 + (25*level of the ability "Multishot") damage to the enemies which are struck by them.

Swing: Swings his weapons around and deals 35 + (40*level of ability "Swing") damage to all enemies which are close and knocks them back heavily.

Volley of Arrows: Shoots 25 + (5*level of ability "Volley of Arrows") arrows towards the target point, they land randomly and deal 15 + (5*level of ability "Volley of Arrows") damage to all units which are hit by the arrows.ATTENTION: Got a min range.

Fire Potion: Throws a potion influenced with fire on the target location, dealing 100 initial impact damage and sets all enemies on fire, dealing 10 + (5*level of ability "Fire Potion") damage per second to them, lasts 10 seconds. Got a AoE of 300.

All these spells are completely MUI.

Spells are made for Mr.Goblin, for his Gaulish Survival Map.

Keywords:
Gaulish, Spells, Fire Potions, Multishot, Volley of Arrows, Swing, MUI
Contents

Gaulish Spellpack (Map)

Reviews
15:23, 23rd Sep 2009 The_Reborn_Devil: The triggering is really good and I couldn't find any leaks. The spells look good and I recommend this for those looking for these kinds of spells. Spells Approved. I give these spells the rating...
  1. 15:23, 23rd Sep 2009
    The_Reborn_Devil:

The triggering is really good and I couldn't find any leaks.
    The spells look good and I recommend this for those looking for these kinds of spells.

Spells Approved.
    I give these spells the rating Recommended.

2. nerovesper

nerovesper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I don't like the initials of the test map. It forces me to use cheats before testing it. Make the whole map visible and make the hero level 10 already. xD

Anyways. about the spells.
    I don't like how volley arrows disables the 400 range. because when it is disabled the spell cools down and uses mana cost. How about make a new trigger with the event "begins casting an ability" when casted below 400 range order the unit to stop, that way the cooldown and mana won't be used.

About the multi shot arrow I don't like the arrows' facing angle. they are randomly facing different direction when launched and it looks really weird.

The swing. I can't see any animation from this...

The I didn't see anything wrong with the fire potion thing.

I haven't checked all the triggering yet but I hope you can fix the problems.

I think its a typo, is it? I don't know if Fire Poition really rely on the level of Volley Arrows.

3. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I kinda agree with nerovesper at the map settings.

Ok the spells are kinda nice, not that original but hey, it works ^^.

Btw, there is almost no enemies and the throw thingy is bugged

4. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    nerovesper, the swing is not for the archer, it is for a beastmaster, on a beastmaster it would use the spell slam animation, it is made for another map like i wrote.... and what you said about the volley, not really important in my book.

And no, the multishot arrows arent random faced, they are exact faced, but they re-adjust when you add more arrows, they use a formula which gives the 100% correct facing for the arrow.

And for the map settings: you dont need to cheat a level 10 hero... you just need to type -maxlevel

And dynasti, I am not the maker of the ideas of those spells, if you would read, they are made by request... and I am sick of saying that.

5. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don´t like that smoke effect of the volley of arrow spell (looks a bit too much to me)
    and the fire potion is thrown a bit too high in my opinion :>

6. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well... that are not really important things....

7. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah forgot that you could easily edit it yourself if you really want to use these spells :p

8. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    These spells are made on request, so it is more important what the guy who requested it, said.

9. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know if anybody noticed but if you throw the fire potion on yourself it bugs, alot.

10. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    To see my review download the map, hit test and close wc3

then open the "Review.w3g" file.

Attached Files:

11. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thanks for approving, as always ;).

12. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Remove and add the Volley of arrows if you error, else cd for non casting is stupid.

13. darkreapers

darkreapers

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found several bugs with the spells

1) multi shot does not do damage if the arrow travelled for 400 range or so, even though u can still see the arrows moving forward, it just flies through the enemy.

2) when u shoot multi shot over the cliff, it will get stuck there

3) volley does not do damage to creeps half the time, i have tested this from maxium range, it would impact the creeps but no damage is dealt.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  14. Virus-X

Virus-X

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    I'm using this spell for necrosis, when every time face Necrosis, me and all member in this room crash game without fatal error, i can't turn it off, only using task manager.
    Necrosis create 8 orb of lightning around Necrosis, dealing damage when touch it.
    upload_2018-11-5_20-19-56.png
    upload_2018-11-5_20-26-53.png upload_2018-11-5_20-27-3.png

Attached Files:

15. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:

Did you create all the required variables for the spell?

I created this spell a long time ago and haven't really fixed it since then.

Did you change anything else beside the spell effect?

16. Virus-X

Virus-X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh wait, wrong system, i mean this
    upload_2018-11-5_20-51-36.png
    upload_2018-11-5_20-51-46.png
    upload_2018-11-5_20-52-5.png
    upload_2018-11-5_20-54-24.png
    upload_2018-11-5_20-54-41.png
    This is system making crash game when face boss Necrosis, please help me fix this solution.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018