• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdom Come: At World's Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Kingdom Come
At World's Wake

Map Name: Kingdom Come – At World’s Wake

Map Description:

It started with a dream..

Nirvae faces its darkest days as the devils of the Hell’s Pits march their way towards the planets sundering. With the great World Scar open once again, there is no stopping the malevolent army’s entry. The only hope of survival is for all races to unite against the common threat..
As ancient rivals ally each other and forgotten races surface, new breeds of heroes rise up and take arms with legends of old, ready to face the inevitable all-out war.
You must rally the great forces of Mobiulas, and acquire every inch of help you can get from the continents denizens.
The fate of the world lies in your hands..
Are you ready? Can you save Kingdom Come?

Map Type: AoS-Campaign-TD-etc.. Hybrid

Players:
Single-Player

Map Dimensions: Maximum possible

Factions:
1.Nirvae Alliance (main protagonist), is the player. will be called NA
Hell’s Army
(main antagonist), is the computer enemy. will be called HA

3.Uninformed Denizens (rescuable), is the group where I will include the characters that are to get recruited to the alliance if ever you meet certain requirements. will be called UD

4.Neutral Creeps (neutral, duh?), they are.. neutral.. will be called NC

Main Structures:
1.Tree of Origin, where the life of all things in Nirvae (the planet’s name) came from. Must be defended, you lose if destroyed.

2.World Scar, a great rift at the center of Mobiulas (the continent where the map revolves at) created when the first invasion was attempted by the Fallen (the antagonist boss). Must be destroyed to win.

Waves:
Unequal. The HA creep wave is always stronger and has more units. The HA and NA waves go off at the same time. Waves have sets that vary on the units included, like there are land waves (land units) aerial waves (flying units) and also naval waves (naval units). Each set also has their own respawn duration, so it is possible that 2 or more sets go off at the same time. Timers for waves are not shown for suspense purposes (to keep you awake and alert at all times and avoid lax preparations. mwahahaha)

Creep assaults: sometimes, creeps also spawn waves from their base camp adding difficulty to the game. Take note that there are A LOT of creep camps..

Mutiny: sometimes, rebels attack the cities (take note that there are A LOT of cities). Also note that multiple mutinies can occur. At different cities.

Structures:
You don’t build structures in this game. There are already structures available and what is left is for you to upgrade their stats (these pertain to turrets/towers). When a defensive structure (turrets/towers) is destroyed, you have to order a rebuilding crew to have it again. This rebuilding feature costs A LOT of gold. Core structures (non defensive but caters a service like Forge and Town Hall) must also be rebuilt. Non-defensive, non-core structures (some houses on towns, and other structures mean for aesthetic purposes) are not targeted by creeps. Quest and Storyline structures like the Library and the Forge of Essences cannot be destroyed or targeted.

This is SUPER-HYBRID!
Yes it is! Because you defend a structure with towers and heroes, kill waves of creeps, go around forests and dungeons for quests and items, explore the cities for allies, and follow a storyline, AT THE SAME TIME!
207782-albums4943-picture53373.jpg

Rough Draft of how the map would look (about 5% of it as planned.. no.. maybe 3%. Hahaha)

Acquisition and Control of Characters:
This is probably the most dynamic part of the map. The map features about a hundred of heroes for you to get into the war. You might say “that would be over powered! Im just gonna command “Attack” all 100 heroes to the enemy base and BOOM! Victory”
Well anyway, I devised a remedy for this, but let’s go there later. First let’s tackle acquisition. You see, heroes can be acquired through a number of ways:

1. Quests. Some heroes can be recruited after you give them what they want.
2. Battles. Some heroes will challenge you to prove yourself worthy of being their ally
3. Random Encounters. Some are “Travelling heroes” then just happened to end up here at Mobiulas looking for adventures
4. Settlement. Some heroes from clans are to be acquired when you get to unite them with their enemy clan. Sometimes you can’t really have both heroes in your alliance, meaning, you have to side to one clan and defeat the other (although I might include some secret ways to acquire them still, cuz I love them all!:))
5. Mainstream. Some heroes just join you as you progress through the story
6. Tavern. Some heroes are up for recruitment already. These are those heroes that i will not be able to come a story up with.
7. City champs. These are heroes that you get when you visit their city.

So.. about that remedy I mentioned earlier..
If ever someone could/would do it, I plan to put in a 10-unit party system, meaning that you can only bring with you a maximum of 10 heroes at a time. Then the rest of the heroes you recruit go to the Valley of Legends, where you can manage your party. Neat huh?

The Library:
Kingdom Come come with a lore-support feature called the Library. It is an in-game section of the map (probably part of the world itself) where you get to meet the Oracle, he guards the Library and guide you about its sections. The Library is only meant for the players’ knowledge of the background lore of the Nirvae world. It is also where guides of certain functions in the game can be reviewed. I would also probably include the credits there also some dedications and stuff

-For some of the 3d models I'm gonna use, check my WIP's
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/cayles-wip-204909

-Some of the Character Concepts:

Skills:
1. Heaven's Strafe - spammable single target damage.
2. Selfless Prayer - heals the area affecting a maximum of 5 allies, but depletes her hp by half of the total hp healed on all 5 units.
3. Daybreak - light burst forth from a hole in the sky to a target area. enemy units in the area are slowed and blinded, while allies gets attack speed
4. Ascendance - Angel Form morph
Extra skill: Angel Blood - a ON/OFF skill that drains her mp while restoring her hp per second.

Skills:
1. Knockback Blow - swings his mace with such force that all enemies infront of him gets knocked back and takes damage
2. Intimidate - a minus-damage aura to all enemies around
3. Drunken Rage - the ramrider drinks beer and gets drunk causing him to miss some of his attacks but gains extra damage on hit.
4. Ram Rush - he mounts a ram and rushes to the target area while gaining MS until he reaches a certain distance wherein the ram jumps and tramples the target area

Skills:
1. Mana Burst - deals pure magic damage on area around caster
2. Arcane Essence - gives an allied unit mana. can also target herself
3. Rift - summons a rift to the Plane of Mana that damages units around it per second.
4. Alcalthas' Reach - channeling. Its like a bunch of green chain lightnings on multiple enemy units centered at the caster.

Skills:
1. Feint Strike - blinks at the back of the target and damages it, then blinks back to the position where it is casted.
2. Venom Blades - poisons the enemy upon hit
3. Spider Reflex - evasion and crit strike
4. Mark of the _____ - marks the target unit. while the mark is active, Drow exile deals 100% critical on the unit. 1.75 multiplier
Extra Skill: Drowsight - drow gets a VERY big sight radius during night

Skills:
1. Portable Gatling Turret - the name says it all
2. Tazer Rounds - a single fire multi-target slow
3. Smart Mines - mines that has options on how to detonate.
4. Airship - yeah. instant transport.
Extra Skill: Mechanic - repairs towers

MY TEAM:
3D - Me (-Grendel said he would help)
2D (textures/icons) -
Concepts - Me and Hellbreed
Terrain -
Triggers -

*credits to Dawn Whitelighter for the original plans for this map*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.