• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] a DOTA themed TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
so i had this idea for a while, i love when people make TD or minigame versions of a popular game, I find it a very fun take or expansion of the thing.
So basically my idea is that, it would be a game for 10 players, 5 on each side. Each player has a set of lives and when he is dead, he lost but his teammates keep playing, the game ends when ALL players from 1 team die. The teams would be Sentinels and Scourge just like in Dota, on scourge side sentinels would be walking towards the lich king, on sentinel side scourge walking towards tree.
Now to the gameplay part, the towers would be Heroes of a given faction. Scourge builds scourge heroes, sentinels build sentinel heroes. The towers would each have 1 ability that would be thematic to their DOTA hero gameplay/design. The waves that come would be enemy heroes, so for scourge sentinel heroes, vice versa.
I had 2 ideas of how the gameplay would be possible to do

A: You build the turrets as units, moveable units but controlled by computer. You build them INTO the track on which enemies come, and the enemy wave fights the units you put down. (another thing to consider would be whether surviving units would stay to next round or if it gets wiped each round and you get bonus gold for surviving units idk)

B: Classic TD thing, you have a line, and on the sides space to build, monsters walk in line as towers shoot at them

The hero turrets could be upgraded, to keep the thematic, the upgrade would be in form of Attribute boosting or etc. What do you guys think about this idea?

Level 12
Just found your post while wandering around.

This would be an interesting idea indeed. I mean a TD for sure, but the nice thing is it would be kind of changing the DOTA style point of view, from the base & towers rather than from heroes.

It reminds me of that great game made by Bullfrog a long time ago, called "Dungeon Keeper" where instead of going through a dungeon as a hero or group of heroes like in standard RPGs, you would be the Dungeon keeper that trains monsters, rooms, traps, to effectively kill the invading heroes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.