• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Idea: DtD ( Destroy the DotA )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, when you learn JASS your actually learning how to program in a different way. That is the hardest part. If you already know how to program, you simply need to know the function names and how to use them. For this, we have the JASS Manual site, between others.

Level 3
I live in a small country (Latvia in the Baltic States), we have 1 server and it's full with idiotic DotA fanatics who hate everything else they will kill some1 if they won't win a DotA game, and we have it like this 9/10 games are DOTA.

So I'm 4 destroying the DOTA crush it so it doesn't screw up everyones minds.

And I have played the map and I can't understand what's so greate about it DOTA SUCKS!:thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

Level 1
The only problem i see is that Dota has used up most already existing model files so most heroes will have to use custom models and skins.and those that remain unused are sometimes indistinguishable from dota heroes

ie faceless one indistinguishable from unbroken
deeplord revenant indistinguishable from revenant

Level 18
Ranger.jpg

This is not done yet, I am planning on changing the armor's color to compliment the sea-green/blue tint of the elves skin and also changing the moon to a marine animal or waves, or something of the sort.

Level 7
You know what would be the better way to destroy DotA? Well I really don't know... When I play DotA I'm like:

... ... ... Damn It's so boring... Ho they killed the 2 central path tower... Hey, lol... no nvm, I'm just bored... ... Cya.

I really don't know why there are sooo much ppl playing this boring game. When I take a look on BNet I know that I miss old good games. Old good days. Well I'm of the party. Let's destroy it, we have to.

It look like that the DotA's role is to replace BNet...

Level 4
O i jsut had to put my thoughts on dota on this one, its been tried the main problem people have with taking down dota is well you need the host to host somthing diffrent and people dont try new things when they can host so imo if you got enough host on ur side you could take down dota but gl

DESTROY DOTA!!!I am on this.Why?Because map makers want their maps to have some success but they all keep on playing the f***** DOtA!!!!Tell me what you want me to do and i will do it!JUST FOR DESTROYING DOTA!!!:angry:
MetalWarrior is right.DotA has destroyed everything.There are so many little people playing TDs,Anime Hero Arena,Angel Arena and games like this that have a special place in our heart.Sry for being Sexpir.:)

Last edited:
Level 7
DotA...
Good maps, but can't they just Rest In Peace? They're has getting too old, whenever you begin to make this map I will give my hand too... Anyway where's the Thread master?? Is he run after give us these idea??

Level 18
OK Hey I finally got back to the Ocean Elf skin and look! Most of this is a recolor,
spare the new palm leaf print on the boot instead of a moon.

Here is an Ocean Elf Archer;

66a9503.jpg

Color of the skin is more of a sea green, like a nearby Gulf.
The Color of the clothes and boots are supposed to parallel (not match) the colors of sand. (yellow-brown)
The Bow is supposed to look as if made of Palm wood.

Last edited:
Level 2
=)) =)) =)) Call Neo...to save us....(just daiel 146089..)....Wof...u talked a little to much and forgot to start the project :p...but...if u intend to distroy DOTA....do it fast....because they want to make an update not so soon but i dont think that it will take forever...but let me make one little sugestion...if u wana do this map...that will resemble DOTA but have 3 sides and the rest that u discussed...i'll just say one thing DONT...u'll just make Dota more popular....try to make some other map...and dont do it whit something in mind like destroying a map...u'll forget that u have to do it for others that want to have some fun...O...and Dota hasnt become boring and frustraiting to play because it is unoriginal or something like that....it is just that the people...the pro's as they call themselves forgot how to have fun a little and just play to win....now they started to calculate everything when they play it =))..and trust me everything...math...o math...it's killing me...wanted to forget about math at least when i get out of school
P.S.
Srr for two things...one is the miss-spelings that i have...aint english....and aint that good at it...and for making this post so long...borring aint it? if u got to this part =))

Level 10
People, there is nothing actually wrong with Dota. Technically its a great game.

BUT, its the people who it attracts and how it is over-hyped that really bothers me.

Some examples.

1. Most people will not let you DL it

2. If you do actually get to DL it, you screw up once in game and everyone shouts at you for not playing dota 23 hours a day 7 days a week. You also sometimes get banned.

3. There is nothing that special about it, i can name a dozen games better. Its an Ok game, but its over-hyped for no reason and taken over the custom lists.

So im with having a game called Destroy the dota.

Level 3
wow i'd like to make a better map then dota. and about matrix didn't neo win agaisn't it or something like that? anyways one reason i dislike dota is because everytime i go to search for a game there is always a dota game up. dota was alright for a while but then it just became whack

Listen, the only way you can make a map that will out do dota (sadly) is to make a map that is like dota times dota (extrememly imbalanced, more boring)

@original topic: that will probably either not get played or been seen as a dota map and make the problem worse.

@Avatar: just about any single map you could make would be better than DotA

Last edited:
Level 3
Lol....First, how can you hate DotA? It is a well made map and is very fun to play. Second, if people DO hate dota...don't you think theres a reason? If this map you suggest becomes as popular as DotA then people are going to end up hating it to....Then someone just like you will make the same suggestion and there will then be another dota like map that will eventually become just as popular.....Well, you get the idea...

Level 10
I hate dota with a passion for various reasons:
1) ITS THE ONLY THING HOSTED, hardly any orpgs or dobrps are hosted anymore
2) The game itself is very very very boring, so Broxigar, do not say its fun to play.
3) heroes are so unbalanced it aint funny, every time i have played, i pick a cool looking hero that ends up being a piece of crap
4) what is gained from playing dota, every version i believe is the exact same terrain, how can people play it for hours on end, loving it so damn much, its the same thing every time "Hey look! I can wtfpwn these n00bs cus i r the roxxors at DoTA!" Yea, congratulations for playing dota so much, woopdee friking do, get a damn life or go play a map that has a better objective! ITS THE SAME EVERY TIME
5)no balance what so ever, it sux, i hate it

Yea...i hate dota with all my heart and soul

Level 3
I hate dota with a passion for various reasons:
1) ITS THE ONLY THING HOSTED, hardly any orpgs or dobrps are hosted anymore
2) The game itself is very very very boring, so Broxigar, do not say its fun to play.
3) heroes are so unbalanced it aint funny, every time i have played, i pick a cool looking hero that ends up being a piece of crap
4) what is gained from playing dota, every version i believe is the exact same terrain, how can people play it for hours on end, loving it so damn much, its the same thing every time "Hey look! I can wtfpwn these n00bs cus i r the roxxors at DoTA!" Yea, congratulations for playing dota so much, woopdee friking do, get a damn life or go play a map that has a better objective! ITS THE SAME EVERY TIME
5)no balance what so ever, it sux, i hate it

Yea...i hate dota with all my heart and soul

1) Host it yourself? If you can't host then....fix your router, eh? That solves that problem.
2)Opininative, of course I was to by saying its fun. Which most people think btw.
3)Its not unbalanced...You just suck at it, eh?
4)No game has any point. Whats the point of playing an rpg? Get to max level then be bored to death cause all you can do is grind equips and make gold? Every game gets boring after a while. DotA does get boring when there aren't new versions, but it's always fun to find new fun builds for heroes.
5)Theres balance....And thats your opinion again.

You hate dota? Good, then quit playing warcraft 3 because thats all that is hosted.

Level 7
you guys are so sad. 90% of people who hate dota hate it because (a) they suck at it and (b) its impossible to compete with because it requires SKILL and is BALANCED. Creating a map flaming it shows just how pathetic you are. Trying to make a map better then it is by far a better solution. You should grow up

you guys are so sad. 90% of people who hate dota hate it because (a) they suck at it and (b) its impossible to compete with because it requires SKILL and is BALANCED. Creating a map flaming it shows just how pathetic you are. Trying to make a map better then it is by far a better solution. You should grow up

Oh please, DOtA is the most imba game I've ever seen. There's 12 heroes which are fun to play with and actually fight well, the rest is rushed crap. So that means 78 crappy heroes.

DotA doesn't deserve its popularity.

Level 3
Name your 12 heroes?
My favorite heroes to play and that I'm good with are: Pudge (#1 hooker), Tinker, Zeus, Enchant, CM, Slayer, Jugg, Enig, PL, Fuzzy Wuzzy, Dragon Knight, Sand King, Shadow Fiend, Tide Hunter, Veno, Chaos Knight, Soul keeper. Theres more...but you get the idea, Theres more than 12 heroes that are 'fun' (which again is opininative so it doesn't really matter) to play and are good. ALL the heroes are good, except KotL (worst hero EVER). And...Imbalanced? Lol... Imbalanced...The new heroes, yes..just a little, but as is with every map that gets new heroes. If a player is good enough they can beat anyone with anything. The game depends upon skill, and if you have that, it doesn't matter what hero you get.

Please, DotA is 80% rushed crappy heroes iwht slightly edited melee abilities, or simple JASS abilities you can easily find on another rushed hero.

It is not balanced, okay? Some heroes are gods and the other are rats compared to them.
DotA doesn't deserve its popularity, at all. There are loads of other maps, like ET tournament that should get so much more glory, but don't.

DotA wouldn't be so bad if there weren't that many people playing it, and if the people playing it weren't 12 year old illiterate noobs.

Level 12
here are some facts

all heroes are imba, which makes none of them imba, but you say the heroes are imba becourse of 1 thing, Feeding

secondly, has anyone played the latest verison? 6.44b? play it a couple of times and prove to me that some heroes are imba and ill give you rep

just so you know, all heroes are counterable, trust me

Level 7
Oh please, DOtA is the most imba game I've ever seen. There's 12 heroes which are fun to play with and actually fight well, the rest is rushed crap. So that means 78 crappy heroes.

DotA doesn't deserve its popularity.

LOL. HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED? Dota has had hundreds of versions, each working to prefect each hero and you so simply say there rushed? And its not imba at all, you need skill to play which throws people off. You guys think imba heroes are ones that are easier to play which is pathetic. And dota doesn't even have 90 heroes. Shows how dumb you are.

Level 3
here are some facts

all heroes are imba, which makes none of them imba, but you say the heroes are imba becourse of 1 thing, Feeding

secondly, has anyone played the latest verison? 6.44b? play it a couple of times and prove to me that some heroes are imba and ill give you rep

just so you know, all heroes are counterable, trust me

Campir said:
LOL. HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED? Dota has had hundreds of versions, each working to prefect each hero and you so simply say there rushed? And its not imba at all, you need skill to play which throws people off. You guys think imba heroes are ones that are easier to play which is pathetic. And dota doesn't even have 90 heroes. Shows how dumb you are.

Agreed. All heroes have their strong points and weak points. Every hero has a counter (Honestly, I don't think KotL counters anything though ^_^) If they rushed heroes together in every version then...they would have more than what they do...They would have over 100 heroes if they rushed them, probably a lot more.

Level 14
ok, there are some heroes not-as-good like Goblin Techies, Keeper of the Light, Geomancer and Lifestealer... but played by good player, they can pwn you no matter what hero will you take.

yeah people cry that its imbalanced because they get pwned easily, like Whitehorn rushing onto tower, wave of creeps and 2 enemy heroes and saying his hero is crap..

Level 16
Just by looking a few posts I can tell this thread is not filled with 6 pages of people volunteering to help or giving ideas....

If you want to continue talking about dota, do it in the off topic section. The whole setting of this project invites you to go off topic and rant on about dota, but try to resist, okay? Nobody cares what you (yes you dear reader) think about dota.

Status
Not open for further replies.