• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA - New Standalone Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I dont know if I post here is against the hive's rule or not ( I'm really sorry if it does ).

I'm finding someone who could help me to remake DotA, since Icefrog stopped developing it, and I have poor jass scripting skill TT.

My idea is not gonna follow Dota 2 but the community ideas ( heroes, terrain, etc )

I know you guys will ask "Why DotA, create your own/original ideas pls?". Well, the DotA community is hugh and they played the lastest Icefrog's map for years which is buggy and oudated.

If you guys want to help me or join me do this project pls send message to discord: SowN#0361, I'll try reply as fast as possible.
upload_2020-11-1_1-23-3.png

Last edited:
In China, there is a map called World of Warcraft All-Stars. It is an unfinished commercial project and was abandoned because Refrorged was not optimistic. There is also a map called DOTAai, which is updated for free by community authors. It is currently being updated continuously, but it has not received enough attention.

I say this because I want to remind you that there have been many remastered versions of Dota in the community, since Blizzard and V agency ended their lawsuits. But none of them gained more influence.

Players’ attention is focused on Valve’s DOTA2, Ice Frog’s DOTA instead of the community’s DOTA. In our opinion, DOTA is indeed a great work from the community. But players don't think so, they can only understand Ice Frog, Valve and Blizzard.

This is a dilemma. This is a question that DOTA Remakers should think about. Before you start this project.

Level 5
In China, there is a map called World of Warcraft All-Stars. It is an unfinished commercial project and was abandoned because Refrorged was not optimistic. There is also a map called DOTAai, which is updated for free by community authors. It is currently being updated continuously, but it has not received enough attention.

I say this because I want to remind you that there have been many remastered versions of Dota in the community, since Blizzard and V agency ended their lawsuits. But none of them gained more influence.

Players’ attention is focused on Valve’s DOTA2, Ice Frog’s DOTA instead of the community’s DOTA. In our opinion, DOTA is indeed a great work from the community. But players don't think so, they can only understand Ice Frog, Valve and Blizzard.

This is a dilemma. This is a question that DOTA Remakers should think about. Before you start this project.
yep, I did think of that, but there's a huge DotA community in my country, they played 6.83d for years. I just tryna make something new for them, and as they asked for it

Level 3
I am thinking of trying to create my own version of dota as well. But I play the latest patch, so I cant join you. But if you will have questions about the scripting, feel free to PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.