• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Just A Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I don't mean having useless members who spam, I mean having members who are 'good' and actually contribute to the Forum rather than destroy it, it's better to have more manpower helping about the place to make it more popular right? Is that too much to ask for...?

Level 17
There is no way an influx of users will consist only of helpful friendly people who just want to hang around the forums being the pleasant people that they are.
This is a warcraft modding community. If they do not know how and/or are not willing to learn, then they are not useful.

The way you describe it you make it sound like you just want a bunch of people to come on the forums and socialize. That is what myface or spacebook or whatever is for.

Level 21
I don't mean having useless members who spam, I mean having members who are 'good' and actually contribute to the Forum rather than destroy it, it's better to have more manpower helping about the place to make it more popular right? Is that too much to ask for...?

I think it's safe to say that for every 100 new members we get each day, 99.9 percent are "useless". Useless as in:
- They're only here for the downloads, not for the uploads.
- They're only here to post nonsense
- They're only here to ask questions, not to answer them.
- They're bots
- They're double accounts
- They're here to leave. We have 40 000 "inactive" members. And I'm sure the 10 000 members flagged as "active" log in once a month to post in off-topic or download something (read: useless).

To make an easy comparison: The hive is like a country where nearly each new civilian is an immigrant who is here to get rich without doing anything. They're leaches. It may sound harsh, but it's the truth. I don't have anything against leaches in online communities. It's what made hive this large in the first place. But they're not contributing anything. And with the amount of members we already have, we don't need any more leaches.

Now, if we would actually have 10 000 active members, we would have a LOT more problems. An online community that large would no longer be manageable. Unless you hire tons of moderators, which leads to internal problems, etcetera etcetera.

I don't see how getting more people to join the hive can in any way contribute to the quality of this website. Unless they're all new Da Vinci's, which is quite unlikely.

Level 19
Okay... But I still won't give up, I believe I can actually find more 'useful' members to the forum, no matter what you say... Even if I start small and slow...

Level 11
Er.... many people join here, because they has nothing to do.(that includes me)
I joined because I think "ooo. hive is big, for pros, full of pros. I want to join the pros. so i can get categorized as a pro. Yea......"
ridiculous right? and useless members will fill out the maps and resource database with blank maps, copied maps and resources with no permission, they will cause catastrophic disaster on hive.so: more members != better

Level 19
But you'd have to at least give them a chance... Nobody is perfect from the start, that's why we need teachers...

Level 11
What im asking is... how will the teacher teach the n00bs?

People are different you know.:
- some can learn something fast
- some can adapt to something fast
- some cant learn something fast
- some cant adapt to certain situations
- and some have no brains at all

Level 25
What im asking is... how will the teacher teach the n00bs?

People are different you know.:
- some can learn something fast
- some can adapt to something fast
- some cant learn something fast
- some cant adapt to certain situations
- and some have no brains at all

Then I suppose that only the ones with brains will know how to register an account? Or they will simply be banned.

Level 19
Hey, I am I 'noob' too you know? But I just want to help out... Please let me have a chance at least to help out the Hive, I really really want to help the forum out...

Level 14
God, just shut up, we get it. Now stop talking about it and making this thread linger and go advertise the site or something somewhere. Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.