• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Guest Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
The idea of a guest forum occurred to me yesterday. By "guest forum" I mean that non-registered users may post. There should probably be restrictions on something like one post every ten minutes for non-registered users, and it probably would be more of a "General Forum" than having any particular specialty.

It could serve as something of a preview of what the rest of THW is like, for persons who may be debating whether to join or not. For those who would join anyways, it could get them joining faster.

I know that if a guest forum ever actually emerges, it will need much more refining than this, but the idea is a start. Yes, it will be vulnerable to flaming and trolling, but I doubt significant amounts of such people would manage to find their way onto THW.

Level 32
For the most part, we really want people to become members of the community and help it grow stronger.

The spam bot issue alone is plenty enough reason to require registration. I would also tend to agree that allowing unknowns off the street to post would encourage trolling and spam: that's why we don't have a shout box.

Ralle himself should be able to say if such a forum is even possible, while it may be, its desirability is questionable.

Level 24
Spam bots... I knew there was a problem with no registration that I was forgetting. Anyways, I just wanted to throw the idea out in the open.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

More requests and idiocy.

Level 24
Again, I only threw the idea out for consideration, I will stop any sort of personal vouching for it.
It was an incomplete idea that seemed it could potentially be beneficiary. Now it's rather complete and rather devoid of potential benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.