• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Just A Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well all I want to know is, is there anything I can do to attract massive amounts of players to join the Hive Work Shop? I really feel like promoting this forum and making it much much better with more joiners, hope that you'll get 100k players, or 1/10 a million :at:

PS: In fact, I'm off to Battle.net, MSN, Yahoo, Twitter and my blog to tell everyone to join this forum, I don't know what's wrong with me today but it seems as if I fell in love with this massive forum...

Level 14
Yes, anyways, quit spamming. What Void said originally was the best thing you could possibly do as a mapmaker. If you are a modeler or something, release your work exclusively here and it will attract people. Exclusive work and/or advertising is the way to go if you really want to support the community.

Level 19
~51,000 Players Reached!~

Finally, 1,000 new users have registered in Hive, now we've just got 49,000 more to go to get 100,000! Remember, we might stand a chance to get 800,000 Players(Estimated: 1 Million) just like DotA does, so keep up the good work!

PS: Erm... Is there any way to promote the forum and get a higher number of players to join every 15 minutes? It's like once every 15 minutes, I see a new player join the Hive Workshop... =)

Level 19
Well, let's just hope there'll be more than 70,000 members by the end of September, and 100,000 by December... =)

Level 19
I just realized... If we manage to persuade all the 'Guests' to join as members, we'd get a huge surge in members instantly, now hmm... What's the best way to attract guests to join Hive Workshop...?

Level 19
That would just chase guests away, how about erm... Giving an annoying popup which keeps asking them to join, or make it so that whatever they click will have something above telling them to join the forum...

Level 19
Hmm... How about showing them the benefits and make their mouths water at the sight of them until they'd just MUST join...

PS: Also, one Off-Topic question, not that I like it or anything, but I'm just curious, why isn't there a DotA related category in Hive, like for DotA-Lovers or some people from DotA-Allstars to migrate and help the Hive, just wondering whether that could be another tactic to attract more players considering DotA might've used some of Hive's materials...

Last edited:
Level 19
We should make a sub-forum called Blizzard Discussion to talk about Blizzard stuff... Oh, and congrats, we're almost at 52,000 members...

Level 19
~!52,000 Members On The Hive!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hive Workshop's 52,000th Member~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've finally reached our 52,000th member in the month of August 2009! Good luck to everyone in Hive and I hope 53,000th will come during this month too, good job in promoting the Forum you all...

PS: I'm gonna send out some more bribes-- I mean fliers...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Suggestions~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look, I know a lot of you hate it but there's no doubt that a whole truckload of people love to play DotA, I think it's about time Hive Workshop made a Sub-Forum, or even a Sticky Thread in General Discussion that allows DotA players to freely talk, that would really attract some of the DotA community as well as give us a chance to convert them into Warcraft Modelers or even Lore-Lovers.

Also, you might want to make different sub-forums which we can discuss about Blizzard Stuff and Patches, this would give some Blizzard-Lovers some chance to say what they like here.

We could also make more forum-alliances with different forums like those in Undead Assault [www.undeadassault.com], Scrolls Of Lore [www.scrollsoflore.com], Space Command [www.w3spc.co.cc], Warcraft III Haven [www.wc3haven.com], Warcraft III Diplomacy [www.wc3diplo.net], Gamer Isle [www.gamerisle.org], Defence Of The Ancients [www.dota-allstars.com], The Unofficial Warcraft III Forum [war3.incgamers.com] and many other similar Forums. This would increase our chances of making Diplomacy in Hive Workshop and might bring us a lot of new members from their sites, also, our Users can easily navigate to their sites and find more sites to promote Hive Workshop in, so what do you say, add more Allied Forums links at the bottom of the screen?

PS: The links I've posted was not meant for their forum promotion, although it would be great to join both Hive Workshop and their forums, I'm just trying to give an idea, sorry and please don't ban me for this I don't mean any free advertising...

Last edited:
Level 1
PS: The links I've posted was not meant for their forum promotion, although it would be great to join both Hive Workshop and their forums, I'm just trying to give an idea, sorry and please don't ban me for this I don't mean any free advertising...
I don't think the admins are going to ban you for giving suggestions. They aren't nutters.

Look, I know a lot of you hate it but there's no doubt that a whole truckload of people love to play DotA, I think it's about time Hive Workshop made a Sub-Forum, or even a Sticky Thread in General Discussion that allows DotA players to freely talk, that would really attract some of the DotA community as well as give us a chance to convert them into Warcraft Modelers or even Lore-Lovers.
Hey they can talk. There isn't any rule against it, at least there wasn't the last time I saw.

She's a little paranoid about being banned. I'm an admin on one of the sites she goes to (Warcraft III Haven), and for some reason she thinks I'm going to ban her all the time.
FOXY! NO ONE IS GOING TO BAN YOU UNLESS YOU BREAK. RULES, WHICH YOU'VE NEVER DONE (at least on haven).

And foxy, from what I understand, the whole Hive staff hates Panther (Panther-Anthro).
Pretty sure they won't afilliate.
I'm not 100% sure though. This is just what people have told me.

And Haven is too small. We barely have 250 members. But then again, were growing fast. Ranked #2 on the voting site which name I can't remember at the moment.
^^

Level 19
It's just you... Or at least because I can't post links... And also, I realized another thing -- We get a hundred extra members Everyday, meaning that in every 10 days, we'll get 1,000 extra members... =) That's from what I think, and if it's wrong, I'll just find out some sort of way to make us get 200 members each day...

Level 15
I don't think the size of your site matters when it comes to affiliation. You can always apply to advertise in the rountable, imo.

Besides, we're all wc3modders. There's no difference between us. It's not like you guys are Jews and we're anti-semitics. We're all the same.

Level 14
A cinematic movie trailer (epic themed) for the hive, or an introduction video could help. I'm sure the idea has been passed around a few times, and there may have even been a few prototypes. Anyway, it could help.

~Asomath

Level 14
En_Fuego said:
You can always apply to advertise in the rountable, imo.
The round-table is a useless forum. It is just a clusterf*ck of random people posting random websites that no one in their right mind will ever visit. Its existence is for site owners to feel better about themselves, despite having gained nothing by posting there.

Affiliation is more a political bonding between two websites than anything else. There is the pretense that they will share userbases or some such, but the reality is that this will not happen unless it would happen anyways without affiliation. Affiliation really is two websites conveying publicly that "Hey, we like the other guy and what they stand for." There are some ridiculous requirements at the Hive for affiliation, but they exist to filter out the websites that the Hive doesn't like, but without pissing off the site admins that ask for said affiliations. Diplomatic, no?

Level 19
Don't worry, anything that contributes to the Hive should be well appreciated, I'm sure they'll allow you... But one question though, which I really need to know, and the replies must be serious, not like those above telling me to steal DotA, is there anything I can actually do to attract more members, I intend to get at least 80,000 members by the end of this year, and hopefully 100,000 but I need your help and encouragement too, please don't say that it's crazy and it's impossible, cause it will happen, and I will find any means possible to do it... Except doing something real real bad...

Last edited:
Level 19
Look, a lot of members means nothing. There are countless member with 0 posts, who do nothing more than clutter up the database and partially limit the amount of usernames available.
If it were up to me, I would DELETE account instead of forcing people to sign up for no reason.

Level 19
I don't mean sign up for no reason, I mean like expanding the number of members in Hive, let's say you're the governor of a country, like, wouldn't you like it if you had more population than your puny 100 tribal villagers who don't even know what fire is?

Level 8
Exactly.

And it can go bad too. What if those villagers start to do all kind of bad stuff and post useless shit to all threads and stuff like that?

Level 17
Well first I would ask why they are still calling themselves villagers.
Then I would ask why they are on their computers instead of slaving away in the field.

Anywho

You don't want to appeal to the social crowd, you want to pull in the modding crowd. The people who know what they are doing or who want to learn. If you really want new people in then emphasize THWs strengths in aiding a developing moddder and how they can be bettered here. Don't just say "Hey, come in here and post shit." Get people who have actually opened the WE before.

Level 19
I don't really mean that, I mean attract more erm... Useful members to the forum, I want the forum bigger and more attractive, not anything bad to happen to it, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.