• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Jumping and falling damage are things we absolutely will put in the mod, but not yet. My guess is that it won't even be in the first version of Wc3:WoW since we'd have to work on the pathing for each and every map in the campaign. However, Jumping is a system we will add... but not yet. Whether you can walk on rocks and other objects is unknown, but my initial guess would be a no. However, I think there's a way to make the pathing the way we want so that it is possible (complex to explain) but I am not positive. I'll let everyone know if such a feature is added.

Level 2
well its easy to make units interact with objects in a 3D fashion, i.e. jumping onto rocks or having several floors to a building. As long as you replace doodads with units. You can locust them or w/e

Level 25
There is actually a way to make several floors to a building without having to move the unit to different parts of the map that "look" like each floor of the map? Like most RPG maps do these days. I mean, is there a way to actually create a four or more story building and make each floor pathable? Would it work online or no?

Level 19
Well.. My first guess would be no. I don't think it's an option in your case, because it would look really ugly. Wc3 doesn't show models properly when you get a high Z value on the camera, which by the way really sucks, because if the floor is really high the elevated unit would be walking on air. : |

Level 8
Its possible. Do what I did in my terrain:
Untitled-123.jpg

You make that outer layer of the builfing and inside, you put doodads for the floors and tables and you use invisible platform with no pathability to hold the units on each floor.

Level 8
That's the outer layer. Inside, you use floor doodads and invisible platforms so units can walk on it. Look up the links.

Level 8
In 2-P's post, he shows us how to use the invisible platforms to work. Craka wanted a WE map with a example. The video shows a ingame 2 story house that Craka wanted to see. And I don't really see your point in this how it doesn't show 2 floors or are you just looking at my screenshot?

Level 21
In 2-P's post, he shows us how to use the invisible platforms to work. Craka wanted a WE map with a example. The video shows a ingame 2 story house that Craka wanted to see. And I don't really see your point in this how it doesn't show 2 floors or are you just looking at my screenshot?

I missed the video. Now I watched it and I'm still asking: where is the 2nd story? There's only one story, the second room is on a higher ground level but there still are no overlapping floors.

I've known TCX for a long time now, and that one doesn't have multiple floors either. It uses "cliffs" (elevated hills if you want to nitpick) at different levels but there still aren't multiple floors...

Level 25
Multiple floors as in, lets say for example, having both a bridge pathable so you can walk across the bridge while units below can walk under the bridge at the same time. In the WarCraft III engine, floors cannot overlay eachother and be pathable at the same time. Not without a lot of good coding though, I guess.

Level 8
Just tried making units go under a bridge and stuff. It won't work without codes. You need to code the unit's height on the floor from the ground and check if he leaves the reigon which is the wall and if he does, move him back and stuff.

Level 19
Erm.. Kinda came to think of something. This might work, I haven't tried it. But my idea is:

(See the attachment)

The black dots are units for height detection. They should be flying in excact the same height as the floor. They work as pathing blockers.

When Player is near a black dot unit and his/ her flying height is equal to the flying height of nearby black dot height detection units the players flying height stops decreasing.

Should be working. : 0

However, this still doesn't solve the issue with dissappearing models.

Attachments

• Multiple Floors.jpg
    Multiple Floors.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 185
Level 8
Tried that. Pathing Blocks didn't work at all. You need to use reigon's or something like that and if you need to know, I used Pathing Block Both.

Level 3
hmmm jump would be fun... the only problem is the mountains... you can't walk up them normally and i doubt any of these jumping systems would work to jump up them either... They may be able to do it but it would require alot of terrain editing... i wouldn't expect it in the first version if you ask me

Level 5
JUMP spell

Hey Craka_J, i got a JUMP spell, it allows the character to jump the height, distance and the time in the air just by a single Hotkey, example mine has "J". COOL right... ;D;D, Interested??, if so, send a mail in my profile or better, tell me at [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.