• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roofs,zepplins, and ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i wonder if u step into a building ill you be able to see inside?
and will u be able to controll ur charicter or will it be like right clicking on a building?
will u be able to actuly walk up the stairs?
i dont mean like u teleport i mean like u can see urself walk up the stairs and if u somhow acidentaly walk off the stairs will u fall down and take damage?

same thing with the zepelin(if u have those), and if u fall of ships somehow will u bestuck in the water will u swim or be stuck?
if u somehow glich the camera to point at the roof of a building ur inside
will u see sky or the roof of a building?
oh and i know how u can put in a jump ive seen it in maps u use it and ur char jumps to the location and make the hotkey for it space bar (ive seen a tutorial somwhere on hive workshop to make that abil) (this wont interfere wit typing just like any other hot keyed spells)
and make a little open up thing in ur chars command card wit stuff like camera controlls like firstperson camera and regular camera and stuff, emotions, and a extended inventory.
and how will u talk to npcs like shops, will it be the same way u buy stuff in regular warcraft like ur buying from a boring old goblin shop?
when your casting a spell will u see the casting bar?(ex: for spells that take time to cast)

hows this grammer?

Last edited:
Level 25
  • At the moment, most buildings are not enterable. However I am still deciding whether I want to or not redo most of the terrain and make all buildings enterable.
  • There is almost no interior to the buildings in WC3:WoW... yet. Will we add interior and stairs and falling systems? Well it kind of falls into the first answer: I'll have to redo the terrain and I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't because it'd reduce the realism of WC3:WoW.
  • Zepplins are beginning to be implemented but we haven't finalized how we're going to make it. We'll have more information regarding this soon.
  • At the moment we have no swimming/jumping systems yet. Again, hopefully we can provide more details about this soon.
  • We will hopefully improve the camera system we have now so it does not glitch as easy. Currently, no one is working on it. But thank you for brining this to my attention, I'll see to having someone get on it shortly.
  • We are currently working on making a new equipment system, inventory system and possibly a new NPC system like you said with the window to come up with items to buy/sell/repair. We're also planning to add an emotions system to WC3:WoW before the Open Beta release.
  • It may be a while until we get an actual casting bar to appear when you begin to cast a spell. But we are looking into it. We're also considering making a combat log and chat log like WoW's, but have not started with it yet.
~Craka_J

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Offtopic: Kaliger please next time dont write the whole thing in one passage. Split the different questions up cause its rly annoying to look at what u wrote as it looks now.

Level 9
Personally, I have to appreciate the fact that you spelled "offense" wrong while posting about his spelling and grammar.

Defense/Offense can be spelled with a "c" too.

I didn't spell it wrong. If I have, please highlight that sentance. Thank you!
And besides, what's one word compared to a whole paragraph of mistakes? :p
~Craka_J

You spelled sentence wrong there, though ;)

But really, Craka_J's grammer is far superior to the culprit in question's. If he makes one simple spelling mistake, it doesn't place him in the catagory of kaligar.

No offence to you kaligar, of course.

Level 4
LOL hey. I'm not here to start a flame war, just thought it was kind of funny. Trust me, I know that when you tell someone else that their grammar/spelling sucks, you need to make damn sure you spell and word everything correctly. Else, they will never let you off. :p

I have a job + a web design business, so I guess that could qualify as "getting out"?

Level 25
Well anyway, about the falling and taking damage idea, we may add that soon. Though I am not making any promises. We'll probably have to get an animator to animate the models and give them a falling animation though...
~Craka_J

Level 3
hey i try to take no affense ive benn called a retard and a stupid idiot and such that i dont realy care oh and ty for stickying this (i think u did) did u?

Level 25
No, I did not sticky this. And I did not call you an idiot, retard, or stupid. That'd be very unprofessional of me to do and to be honest, I don't even have a reason to say such a thing.

Anyway, lets try to keep this thread on topic to Warcraft III or Warcraft in general.
And speaking of Warcraft III, Red_VII has been finding and submitting a lot of old beta Warcraft III models that Blizzard never got around to releasing. How he came across these models is a mystery to me.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Where are these models? Or are they going to be like the WoW models, we can't support them on this site?

Level 3
No, I did not sticky this. And I did not call you an idiot, retard, or stupid. That'd be very unprofessional of me to do and to be honest, I don't even have a reason to say such a thing.

Anyway, lets try to keep this thread on topic to Warcraft III or Warcraft in general.
And speaking of Warcraft III, Red_VII has been finding and submitting a lot of old beta Warcraft III models that Blizzard never got around to releasing. How he came across these models is a mystery to me.
~Craka_J

hye i didnt say u did i meant som1 else (i think) to tell the truith i already forgot what i was talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.