• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] jasshelper wont compile map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@BP I tried changing that too but I will try against just in case.
edit: but since I am on JNGP 5d now it uses vexorians by default? I mean you need to replace the original one with cohadars if you want to use his.
@cokemonkey
It works if I compile it and after that add it to the campaign if that's what you mean. Sadly that can get annoying after a while.

Jasshelper doesnt work if the map is inside a campaign? o_O

It does not.

Just use JNGP 2.0. It comes with Scorpio's Campaign Compiler. Just click the menu in the toolbar, and make sure it is enabled.

ScorpioT1000 said:
For example you have a campaign mycamp.w3n with a map mymap.w3x
  1. Open WE
  2. Open campaign window, open your mycamp.w3n
  3. Click on mymap.w3x and Edit
  4. Do your modmaking stuff
  5. Click Save the map
  6. Enter name of the map (mymap.w3x)
First WE saves the map and the campaign without compiling. After that CampaignBuilder extracts the map from the w3n archive and starts compilation. If successful, CampaignBuilder imports compiled map back to campaign archive.

Check jassnewgenpack20X/ScExp/CampaignBuilder.html for documentation.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I know that some tool named campaign compiler was included in JNGP 2.0 but I didnt know what it did so I disabled it to make sure.

I will see what happens if I enable it.

edit: ok when I save the map there comes a popup but after I enter the map name it gives like 3 errors o_O
edit2:
error 1: Uknown pluggin error
error 2: extracting error! file X.w3x not found (I even copied the file name)
error 3: Campaign export error

Status
Not open for further replies.