• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JASS effect: 'Ward of Entrapment'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ey, stuck with something on my TLC project that seems to be no other way out than using JASS, and that's not quite what I know best, so I need help. Basicly my idea was to make a ward unit, and it's given an ability to chain targeted unit to itself.

WardofEntrapment.jpg

The inner red circle in that image shows the limited radius the trapped unit is allowed to walk while chained. The unit will have no way to get out from that circle unless the ward timer is run out, or the ward is destroyed, but destroying the ward will cause (lets say 500) damage to the unit. The ward will time out after 5 minutes without a unit trapped, but with a trapped unit, the time left on it will be set to 1 minute. The radius of this red circle should be about 300

The outer blue circle is the cast range of the ward's trap ability. If the unit is outside the red circle, but within the blue circle it will get pulled towards the ward till its inside the red circle. The range of this ability should be about 600. Also there should be a lightning effect going from the ward, to the targeted unit when ability is cast.

If anything is unclear, please ask.

Rep & credits for first functional effect:]

Level 9
The spell is done...it is MUI and Leakless.
But the are some things that won´t match your description:
The spell is not normal Jass it´s [v]JASS. So if you don´t have jass new genpack then get it from here. For someone with my knowlegde it´s impossible that units which are pulled to somewhere can still walk, since this pulling a sort of knockback, however if an enemy enters the blue circle it´s being pulled towards the ward and can´t really move. If it enters the red circle it can move again but not escape, furthermore if the unit is very close to the red circle it can´t move either.
The rest should match your description + i added some nice effects (view screenshot).
You can customize the spell via constant globals and constants functions (put some description to the constants but not into the whole script). At leas you have to write the tooltips yourself :p.
Hope this is useful for you.
If you have some questions send me VM or PM.:wink:

[UPDATED]
Scroll down to find the new version

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.