• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Make wards walkable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I'm trying to make a ward walkable (just like goblin land mine, but without the kaboom part). I figured out one solution to it but it's a really weird one. I gave my wards the goblin land mine ability "Mine - exploding" with an activation delay and invisibility delay of 300 seconds (this is totally fine since the wards placed lasts for about 20 seconds or so).

Because I did some testing and found out that as long as you give unit X the classification "ward" and this ability, other units will be able to walk over it at any time; but unit X will treat any other units as an obstacle as long as they are moving. Since the ward is stationary and won't be moving this is no problem at all. So I have a solution to my problem, but it's just really weird. This seems like a really strange way to do it, so I wonder if there's no other way to make a unit (in this specific case a ward) walkable? (i.e. other units can walk over it)

*Digression*
And a little strange side note if it would help anyone in the future. Giving them these features (unit classification "ward" and the ability "Mine - exploding") will prevent them from being able to walk on unbuildable tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.