• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Change the size of Targeting Image of Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have tried all spells that has the ability to create unit. The only spells that has an AoE targeting image is the Healing Ward, Statis Trap, Pocket Factory, and Goblin Mine. The most suitable is the Healing Ward as the base spell since it has a time duration, it doesn't stun unlike the Statis Trap, doesn't create another unit such as the Pocket Factory, and unit won't stay permanently unlike what Goblin Mine does.

The unit that would be spawned by this ability heals nearby units, and locust ability and its invulnerable. The model of this unit is a custom model that looks like a lake. The spell should have a cast range of 200 and the size of the targeting image should be 700.

However I've been trying to modify the setting of the Healing Ward spell but the targeting image size remains the same.

How do you change it?

Level 13
You can't change the targeting image, use Channel as the base spell, this will give you the Targeting Image you seek, and just have a dummy place the healing water/ward at where they place it.

Level 3
I have tried the channel ability but AI won't use the skill, they never used a channel based spell. That's why I'm creating another custom spell using a different based ability.

Thanks for the info about the ward aura, but can I make a custom ward ability and have my custom ability have its targeting image size depend on that custom ward ability?

Level 13
I have tried the channel ability but AI won't use the skill, they never used a channel based spell.

You have to order them to do it through a trigger.

And why do you need it to have a larger targeting image if its just for an AI. The AI doesn't care how large the AoE of the targeting image is...

Level 3
You have to order them to do it through a trigger.

And why do you need it to have a larger targeting image if its just for an AI. The AI doesn't care how large the AoE of the targeting image is...

The units may be controllable by hero or an AI, it's a hero siege like game. The computers in my map are using a default AI since I don't know how to create AI for the computers

Level 3
Oh btw, I have already tried modifying the AOE of the ward aura but nope it still the same, it's fixed to its default size

Level 13
So again, use Channel as the "dummy" ability, and have a dummy actually cast the healing ward spell. I set the base order ID to healing spray, but you could use something else.

• Healing Ward
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Healing Ward (Based on Channel)
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at TempLoc facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Set TempUnit = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Healing Ward (Real Ability) to TempUnit
      • Unit - Set level of Healing Ward (Ability) for TempUnit to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order TempUnit to Orc Witch Doctor - Healing Ward TempLoc
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

• Healing Ward AI
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Unit who has Healing Ward
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to (==) Computer
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of TempUnit)
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 600.00 of TempLoc matching (((Life of (Matching unit)) Greater than (>) 0.41) /// ***Matching Unit is alive == True****/// and (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of TempUnit)) Equal to (==) True)))
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Number of units in TempGroup) Greater than (>) 3 (However many units you'd like it be around when this unit casts this ability)
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Order TempUnit to Neutral Alchemist - Healing Spray TempLoc
          • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.