• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taunt Ability Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I have this undefeatable creature (it's targetted as "Ancient"), and it's wandering along the map. It will attack everything that stands in its way. However, a certain unit (I'm using the Footman for testing purposes) will be able to place a ward (Distractor) that will cast "Taunt" (with targets "Ancient" only) so the undefeatable creature will only attack the ward until it is dead. Meanwhile, units around the ward should remain unharmed and should be able to run away without being followed by the creature, as the creature should only be attacking the ward.

Basically, I thought the following thing should work:
I have a ward casted by the footman with the taunt Ability (Ancient only) and a trigger that runs every 3 seconds. If it runs, the ward will cast taunt. So far everything works. But if I test in game, the taunt does work, but if there's a footman near the ward, the worm will give its priority to the footman wether the ward is taunting or not. Even more strange is that whenever the footman dies, the worm simply ignores the ward and moves on. The last problem doesn't occur when the ward is alone.

My question would be: how can I make the worm attack the ward and ignore any other creature as long as the ward is active? Apparently taunt doesn't help. Also note that the creature has the locust ability, so nobody can attacks it.

Thanks for your time

Level 10
Very easy and leaky way would be:
Time: Every 3 sec of the gametime (lol, why 3)
Unit Group: Pick every Unit Of Type ---Ward---
Boolean: If unit (undefeatable creature) is in region - convert points to a region ( point is a position of the picked unit with offset 200, 200, 200, 200 [its basicly a radius of 200])
Than order Undefeatable Creature to attack picked unit)

Remember that Points and unit groups leave a lot of leaks. Specialy if u do it ever XX seconds. If you have a lot of those triggers your map could be ruinded by lag. Therefore read this topic: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27242

The map with memory leaks should not be considerd a good WC3 map ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.