• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Without Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm having a very unusual problem. I created an ability based of the sentry ward one, where a ward-type unit would appear at a targeted location. That unit would, in theory, be able to have a modified taunt ability that would attract any nearby units.
The issue being that the unit created (called a beacon) cannot use abilities. I've tried with both the custom taunt and the original taunt. Is it just the fact that wards can't have abilities or something else?

For the record: The beacon does not have an attack, 500 HP (with 5.0 regen), and then the ability. And to halt those who might ask: no, it does not move (nor did the sentry ward (base unit) have movement).

Level 5
When you summon it with a ward ability, you can't use abilities per se (that's why with serpent wards, you cant choose your target). Remake the spell, and use a spell customed off of pocket factory (I actually have something in my map that does the exact same thing). You can keep the original unit, just make sure the spell links to that unit.

Level 8
Or just make a spell that summons a normal unit with Movement type = "none" (maybe you will need to set his speed base to 0) and turn rate to 0 and, of course, have your taunt ability.

Level 4
Or make a taunt ability via trigger. I think if you use "channel" ability and then let the trigger handle the effect, it will be bug-less.

Status
Not open for further replies.