• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what abilities to use as dummy abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i once saw a list wich had all the perfect dummy abilities for a purpose.

sadly i can not find it anymore using the search function.

the list was sorta like this:

- instant/notarget: berserk, taunt, roar
- aoe target: banish magic
- point target: ???

in that style. i want it because i need a single-unit-target ability that does not stun.

the ability should not have autocast...

Level 13
use channel (from hero abilities) and you can base it to no target,target unit,target point,target unit or point

channel is made for triggering anyway

but put - disable other abilities to false and i think following trough time should be to 0.01

Level 9
you could use everything.
But good spells(beside channel) are:
windwalk(good for jumps cause the jumper will evade missles and spells)
just set fade time to 0.2 and duration to 0.01. And remove the sound.

Flamestrike
reomve damage graphiks etc
you still give it a aoe so ingame you see the aoe while targeting the spell. This is a good base for aoe spells.

Level 13
avatar is better than wind walk because in that 0.01 sec the enemy unit will see that unit is invisible and he will go back,ignore him ....

BTW i really need this spell

i want to find dummy auto casting spell (no target requires),like raise dead but that does not require corpses or anything....

did anyone find spell like that? :cute:

or my i have to put dummy corpse under my unit with dummy ability:ugly:

Level 9
a sry
you have to put the fade time to 60 seconds and duration to 0.01 than you CANT see anything.
Its still good for jumps cause every missle and spell will automtcly miss, which people normaly like on escape spells.

Btw i dont now how you would use a dummy abilty with auto casting cause to make the unit autocast there have to hapensomething. a exemple would be a damaged unit for essence of blight

Status
Not open for further replies.