• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy Caster in fog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day everyone

I have found that some spells doesn't work properly when a victem is out of sight. Lets say for example I have a spell that stuns a target over 5 secs. So I will need to create a dummy caster at the target unit 5 secs after the spell was casted, add the stun ability and cast it. However, if the target ran away then the dummy caster won't be able to cast the dummy spell at the target if it can't SEE the target.
Any help please?

Level 18
Oh ...
You can create the stun by pausing the unit and show the effect overhead :)

I am creating a debuff library but I want to be sure it works before posting it.
From what i tested it works, it is MUI, but I think it needs more test x)
Anyway i can send it to you if you really want it.

increase your dummy's vision
and
increase your dummy's stun ability's range
Then the target will randomly become visible when the dummy shows up

But stun doesn't interrupt order, and SetUnitX/Y doesn't, right?
Nope it doesn't. Aslo moving the unit to the position of the unit using SetUnitX/Y is meaningless I think because it can still move

why bother to use SetUnitX/Y if you can use storm bolt for the stun ability?

See title and first post.

Ah it cannot be dispelled ?
So i won't scratch my head against some walls and i will remove the stun function inside my library xD !

• Unit - Remove Stunned (Pause) buff from (Your unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.